PDA

View Full Version : The Living DNA waiting game. Your experience?

Pages : [1] 2

MacEochaidh
03-16-2017, 01:31 AM
I ordered my Living DNA kit on February 2, 2017 and returned it quickly once it arrived. On February 17, 2017 my Kit was marked as received and remains at that stage as of March 15, 2017. I would love to hear about others experience with movement through the stages, and perhaps, estimates (guesstimates) of when I might see my next stages.

Thank you in advance, Miles Doherty

sktibo
03-16-2017, 01:49 AM
Going through my family tree trying to pin ancestors into locations which line up with living DNA boundaries. Spent too much time on that. Of course, there's some pretty good evidence now that the lines on the living DNA map are far from perfect so I can't recommend that strategy.
If you have highland Scottish which isn't west coast or Hebrides, expect to see SW Scotland for that. If you have Irish, don't be surprised if it turns up as NW Scotland, SW Scotland, and Ireland, with a lower amount of Ireland than expected. However, by the time yours gets in they may have fixed the problems they have with their chip, so it could be more accurate now. I think two people here so far have received corrected estimates. Give them some more time than they say as they're experiencing technical difficulty.

Babatunde
03-16-2017, 02:08 AM
For me, so far, it seems that things have been progressing relatively quickly to what I had initially expected.

Ordered: 2/20/17
Dispatched to me: 2/24/17
Dispatched to the company: 2/27/17
Sample received by the company: 3/5/17
Testing started: 3/15/17

And they gave me an estimated completion date of 6/7/17. That seems like a long way off but i'm guessing it's not actually going to take that long provided they don't run into any technical difficulties along the way. But good luck and god speed!

MacEochaidh
03-16-2017, 03:08 AM
For me, so far, it seems that things have been progressing relatively quickly to what I had initially expected.

And they gave me an estimated completion date of 6/7/17. That seems like a long way off but i'm guessing it's not actually going to take that long provided they don't run into any technical difficulties along the way. But good luck and god speed!

Wow! My test was received before yours, but I am not at the testing stage and have no estimated completion date. Actually, my test was marked Test Received before you had even sent yours back! You're a very fortunate man.

MacEochaidh
03-16-2017, 04:04 AM
I ordered my Living DNA kit on February 2, 2017 and returned it quickly once it arrived. On February 17, 2017 my Kit was marked as received and remains at that stage as on March 15, 2017. I would love to hear about others experience with movement through the stages, and perhaps, estimates (guesstimates) of when I might see my next stages.

I have sent an email to [email protected] Hopefully I will find out why I'm not being moved to Testing.

sktibo
03-16-2017, 04:21 AM
I have sent an email to [email protected] Hopefully I will find out why I'm not being moved to Testing.

Let us know. Eager to see what your French ancestry shows up as

deadly77
03-16-2017, 04:35 AM
Here's my timeline (from US):

Ordered: 25 Nov 2016
Received at US return address (Kentucky): 5 Dec 2016
Received at LivingDNA lab: 21 Dec 2016
Testing started: 4 Jan 2017
Results: 8 Mar 2017

MacEochaidh
03-16-2017, 03:17 PM
I received an email reply from LivingDNA stating that my expected results date is May 23, 2017, however my Status remains the same: Kit Received.

Adrian Stevenson
03-16-2017, 09:06 PM
Just got mine and my Uncle's results today. They were not due until April 5th. So this was a very nice surprise!

Cheers, Ade.

Kiln
03-17-2017, 02:48 PM
Kit ordered 02/09/17
Kit mailed back 02/21/17
Kit received by LivingDNA on 02/24/17
Testing start on 03/15/17
Results expected by 05/31/17

jonathanmcg1990
03-17-2017, 07:58 PM
The same results expected as me hopefully sooner

MacEochaidh
03-21-2017, 05:21 PM
I received an email from LivingDNA stating that my Kit, which was marked "received" on February 17, 2017, is expected to go to "testing" this week. I am very dissatisfied with the slow movement towards testing.

jonathanmcg1990
03-21-2017, 10:27 PM
Have still not got an official email to saying it's testing mode I got mine March 15th and according to living DNA I'm a week behind you

Kiln
03-21-2017, 11:07 PM
I received an email from LivingDNA stating that my Kit, which was marked "received" on February 17, 2017, is expected to go to "testing" this week. I am very dissatisfied with the slow movement towards testing.

Well, we knew it'd be slow as per other members' experiences.

Best to forget about it and be pleasantly surprised when it arrives, imo.

MacEochaidh
03-22-2017, 12:35 AM
Have still not got an official email to saying it's testing mode I got mine March 15th and according to living DNA I'm a week behind you

I check every day. No email and no change from "Kit Received".

MacEochaidh
03-22-2017, 12:39 AM
Well, we knew it'd be slow as per other members' experiences.

Best to forget about it and be pleasantly surprised when it arrives, imo.

That would be easier to do if I wasn't behind other testers who are behind me in line. jonathanmcg1990 above sent his test back one week after my test was already received and his testing began on March 15, 2017.

I don't want to be treated better than others, I want to be treated equally to others.

Jessie
03-22-2017, 01:20 AM
That would be easier to do if I wasn't behind other testers who are behind me in line. jonathanmcg1990 above sent his test back one week after my test was already received and his testing began on March 15, 2017.

I don't want to be treated better than others, I want to be treated equally to others.

My status was kit received for a couple of months. In the end though I got my results 3 weeks ahead of their estimated time.

JMcB
03-22-2017, 02:21 AM
Quote Originally Posted by MacEochaidh

"That would be easier to do if I wasn't behind other testers who are behind me in line. jonathanmcg1990 above sent his test back one week after my test was already received and his testing began on March 15, 2017.

I don't want to be treated better than others, I want to be treated equally to others."

My status was kit received for a couple of months. In the end though I got my results 3 weeks ahead of their estimated time.

Yes, I will second Jesse on that because that's precisely what happened with me. In the end I got my results a few weeks early.

MacEochaidh
03-22-2017, 03:28 AM
Quote Originally Posted by MacEochaidh

"That would be easier to do if I wasn't behind other testers who are behind me in line. jonathanmcg1990 above sent his test back one week after my test was already received and his testing began on March 15, 2017.

I don't want to be treated better than others, I want to be treated equally to others."

Yes, I will second Jesse on that because that's precisely what happened with me. In the end I got my results a few weeks early.

This would be wonderful. Thank you all for your responses.

sktibo
03-22-2017, 04:02 AM
I hear ya MacEochaidh, it's hard. You may not have your results, but maybe you'll find some solace in this:

Even though I got my results earlier than expected, which was fantastic, we found out more recently that there were problems with the illumina chip, and we know that Living DNA is in the middle of trying to correct those, and have seen one set of corrected results so far. My Y DNA assignment from Living DNA doesn't agree with my assignment from 23andme, and is most likely incorrect. The autosomal DNA is probably more or less correct, but there's a lot of unassigned percentage and I think there will be a fair bit of redistribution of my categories once they get around to me. So basically, I'm back to checking every day (several times but I'm trying to stop that habit) to see if my results have been corrected, and it's almost like I'm still waiting for them in the first place. I hope that for your test and everyone else currently in testing gets their "corrected" results right out of the gate. If they end up taking longer than they said they would be it might be because they are correcting problems they had until recently, so that's a positive.

MacEochaidh
03-22-2017, 04:40 AM
I hear ya MacEochaidh, it's hard. You may not have your results, but maybe you'll find some solace in this:

Even though I got my results earlier than expected, which was fantastic, we found out more recently that there were problems with the illumina chip, and we know that Living DNA is in the middle of trying to correct those, and have seen one set of corrected results so far. My Y DNA assignment from Living DNA doesn't agree with my assignment from 23andme, and is most likely incorrect. The autosomal DNA is probably more or less correct, but there's a lot of unassigned percentage and I think there will be a fair bit of redistribution of my categories once they get around to me. So basically, I'm back to checking every day (several times but I'm trying to stop that habit) to see if my results have been corrected, and it's almost like I'm still waiting for them in the first place. I hope that for your test and everyone else currently in testing gets their "corrected" results right out of the gate. If they end up taking longer than they said they would be it might be because they are correcting problems they had until recently, so that's a positive.

Thank you. I certainly wish that LivingDNA had let me know about problems with the chip. I prefer an honest answer rather than being in the dark. Hopefully all customers will be satisfied soon.

Wing Genealogist
03-22-2017, 10:52 AM
Thank you. I certainly wish that LivingDNA had let me know about problems with the chip. I prefer an honest answer rather than being in the dark. Hopefully all customers will be satisfied soon.

A big part of the issue is the fact illumina was keeping LivingDNA in the dark. It was only after LivingDNA started publishing their test results they discovered the issue (primarily by members reporting incorrect results) about a significant number of SNPs.

I have heard some rumors about this issue, but since I don't have first-hand knowledge, I don't want to repeat rumors. But what I know for a fact is LivingDNA has had to go back through all of their prior test results and check every single SNP result to verify the calls. This obviously takes an enormous amount of resources and is undoubtedly delaying the processing of new tests, but the good news is the results (when they come in) will be even more accurate than their prior results.

I am also in the same situation with ordering a test recently and am patiently waiting for them to process my kit. I have seen the CEO of LivingDNA on this forum and am clearly impressed by his desire to meet the customers issues.

As I have said before on this forum: My philosophy as a Project Administrator is to praise publicly and criticize privately, and I believe this is the same philosophy LivingDNA is using. They are obviously dependent on illumina for the chip, so "biting the hand that feeds them" would be counter-productive.

Wing Genealogist
03-22-2017, 11:03 AM
To be fair to illumina: They have developed a new chip and LivingDNA is the first company to utilize this new chip. The first batches of customers for any new chip design can be thought of as Beta testers, as these results are needed to discover the "relatively" small number of glitches. Given the fact these chips are testing for millions of SNPs, the "relatively" small number of glitches can easily be in the hundreds.

I have heard where illumina is planning on discontinuing the old chip, which many companies (such as 23andMe, AncestryDNA & Family Tree DNA) have been using.

This is definitely forward progress, but with anything on the cutting-edge, there are growing pains.

J1 DYS388=13
03-22-2017, 11:30 AM
Order Date: 10/10/2016

I'm satisfied to wait if it means working out the bugs.

MacEochaidh
03-22-2017, 02:03 PM
Testing has begun on my Kit as of today. The expected due date for my results is May 23, 2017.

Knowing about the problems LivingDNA has had with the chip sheds new light on delays.

jonathanmcg1990
03-22-2017, 09:26 PM
Hi guys.

Before this goes any further. I would like to clarify I don't want to have special status.

Yes like anyone else I want my results before anyone else. My completion date is May 31st according to people they getting results 3 weeks ahead of completion date so hopefully this will include results coming in going forward. So I would say maceonhaidh will hopefully get his results a week before me.

Living DNA seem to send emails randomly I was one of the lucky ones I got my email saying sample in the lab sooner rather than later. But it must have been a week delay as when I counted March 15th to May 31st which is 11 weeks this means my test must have enter the lab a week earlier because living DNA says results could take 12 weeks. So they say that to cover themselves so going forward results would be due sooner than that if you haven't received email about results in lab it doesn't mean they are NOT already in the lab and they must have not got around too sending you a confirmation email to say so.

With the problems with the chip at the start it doesn't seem to be affecting results completion times for people whom had tested after the chip was fixed. Lastly I hope the people who where effected with that at the start will get their results updated asap.

jonathanmcg1990
03-22-2017, 10:36 PM
That's unacceptable email them and see what's happening people had tested after you have already got results.

J1-DYS388=

J1 DYS388=13
03-23-2017, 04:57 AM
Well LivingDNA did take the initiative to apologise to me in January:

"Thank you for being one of the first people to take a Living DNA test.
During the final stages of quality control, the team have identified a few extra features that will make the presentation and precision of your results even better. Sadly this has caused a backlog with our processing team, so we would like to advise you that there could be a potential delay of up to four weeks in releasing your results."

Jean M
03-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Finally lost patience today and emailed them to ask what the delay was with my results. Received prompt reply. In fact my results were ready, but I had not been informed (either by email or on the website). All now fixed and have my results. Plus they are sending me a free copy of the book in compensation. :)

03-23-2017, 10:41 AM
Nice result Jean :) .... The waiting game will only continue, as now you will wait for the refinements and the different modes.B)

GTC
03-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Well, I hope that I don't experience the same issues.

From what I read here Living DNA seems to be suffering from a disease that afflicts FTDNA who get so caught up in the technology and associated problems that they forget -- or don't consider it necessary -- to keep their customers apprised of the situation.

I well recall a substantial period some years ago when FTDNA had gone silent. Eventually we learned that they had serious quality problems with a primer manufacturer. Meanwhile customers were fuming on forums about lack of response from FTDNA.

FTDNA's customer communications has always been their weakest area, with IT a close second. They seem to have made meaningful improvements in the IT area in the last year or so.

All testing companies should appoint a staff member to concentrate on and manage customer experience.

ollie444
03-23-2017, 03:54 PM
Well, I hope that I don't experience the same issues.

From what I read here Living DNA seems to be suffering from a disease that afflicts FTDNA who get so caught up in the technology and associated problems that they forget -- or don't consider it necessary -- to keep their customers apprised of the situation.

I well recall a substantial period some years ago when FTDNA had gone silent. Eventually we learned that they had serious quality problems with a primer manufacturer. Meanwhile customers were fuming on forums about lack of response from FTDNA.

FTDNA's customer communications has always been their weakest area, with IT a close second. They seem to have made meaningful improvements in the IT area in the last year or so.

All testing companies should appoint a staff member to concentrate on and manage customer experience.

Has anyone actually not received results on time though, barring the initial October batch?

GTC
04-02-2017, 06:32 AM
With this thread in mind, I asked Living DNA if my kit had arrived yet after almost 3 weeks, long enough for sure. They replied "Unfortunately we haven't received your kit yet ..."

Then within a few hours comes a system email saying: "we have received your samples at one of our logistics centres"

I get the feeling that the administrative side of Living DNA may not be all it could be.

Now the real wait begins ...

GogMagog
04-02-2017, 08:31 AM
My wait has been since late October, beat that.

ollie444
04-02-2017, 11:03 AM
My wait has been since late October, beat that.

Based on other users experiences, I would guess that your results might be ready, but that you never received any notifications. Email Living DNA.

GogMagog
04-03-2017, 07:46 AM
Hi Ollie, I did.

ollie444
04-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Hi Ollie, I did.

And what did they say?

jonathanmcg1990
04-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Hi Ollie, I did.
I hope they got back with a link to your results and if not why is the delay nothing worse in wanting in something that has already been completed

GogMagog
04-04-2017, 11:27 AM
I hope they got back with a link to your results and if not why is the delay nothing worse in wanting in something that has already been completed

I had my results thought and....it is a blank page!

GogMagog
04-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Whaddya know? I am 92.1% Irish (I sort of knew that!) 3.4% Southern European (I like pasta) and 4.5% unassigned (Jewish?)

ollie444
04-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Whaddya know? I am 92.1% Irish (I sort of knew that!) 3.4% Southern European (I like pasta) and 4.5% unassigned (Jewish?)

That's quite a high Irish percentage for the LivingDNA test at the moment. Post your results in the results thread, some of the folks will be interested in that.

sktibo
04-04-2017, 06:29 PM

Highest Irish percentage we've seen yet. Probably because they fixed technical difficulty they had prior. Thanks for sharing your results, they really need to go through and correct the tests if those who took it previously

ollie444
04-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Highest Irish percentage we've seen yet. Probably because they fixed technical difficulty they had prior. Thanks for sharing your results, they really need to go through and correct the tests if those who took it previously

https://twitter.com/Living_DNA/status/849169447029964801

Do you think this could imply that more than the help desk is being updated? Will have to check my results repeatedly over the next few days now!

sktibo
04-04-2017, 07:05 PM
https://twitter.com/Living_DNA/status/849169447029964801

Do you think this could imply that more than the help desk is being updated? Will have to check my results repeatedly over the next few days now!

We saw two of our members get updated results about a month ago and nothing since. I'm messaging them about it but they're taking forever to get an answer.

Jessie
04-05-2017, 02:46 AM

Just checked and my results haven't changed.

avalon
04-05-2017, 06:47 AM
GogMagog,

Are you sure it isn't 92% Britain and Ireland?

Sktibo,

I doubt they have fixed their Irish problem yet as this is dependent on collecting more Irish samples which I believe they are in the process of doing?

GogMagog
04-05-2017, 09:17 AM
It implies I am inbred! Paper trail back to 1800 or so on both sides, my maternal line all lived in a small area. My paternal side moved a bit but all seem Irish, most exotic link I have is a thimble full of Scots.

avalon
04-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Well, if Gogmagog's results are anything to go by, it looks as though they have updated their Irish reference set. Either that or Gogmagog is a very close match for the Irish samples that LivingDNA currently possess.

It is surprising that you are getting 3.4% Southern European but no trace amounts from Britain?!

Otherwise we have to explain why some people with full Irish ancestry are getting much higher percentages than others like Jessie.

My understanding was that the under-estimating of Irish was down to small sample size rather than anything else.

sktibo
04-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Well, if Gogmagog's results are anything to go by, it looks as though they have updated their Irish reference set. Either that or Gogmagog is a very close match for the Irish samples that LivingDNA currently possess.

It is surprising that you are getting 3.4% Southern European but no trace amounts from Britain?!

Otherwise we have to explain why some people with full Irish ancestry are getting much higher percentages than others like Jessie.

My understanding was that the under-estimating of Irish was down to small sample size rather than anything else.

Small sample size plus technical difficulty to some degree I think. It's interesting that he got more Irish percentage than some pure Irish and has other ethnicities in his ancestry.

avalon
04-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Small sample size plus technical difficulty to some degree I think. It's interesting that he got more Irish percentage than some pure Irish and has other ethnicities in his ancestry.

From reading his posts though, Gogmagog ordered his test in October, so one of the first, just never got an email notification and has only just found out his results now.

Maybe he can clear it up, but his results may be from before they fixed any technical difficulty!?

sktibo
04-05-2017, 05:02 PM
From reading his posts though, Gogmagog ordered his test in October, so one of the first, just never got an email notification and has only just found out his results now.

Maybe he can clear it up, but his results may be from before they fixed any technical difficulty!?

Well if he just received his test that's not exactly one of the first. I ordered mine in September.. the first day I saw the living DNA thread and received results early February.

Just to let you guys know I've just messaged living DNA again this time requesting a revision of results. I'll share the response here, or somewhere else depending on what they say

avalon
04-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Well if he just received his test that's not exactly one of the first. I ordered mine in September.. the first day I saw the living DNA thread and received results early February.

Just to let you guys know I've just messaged living DNA again this time requesting a revision of results. I'll share the response here, or somewhere else depending on what they say

If he ordered in October then yes he was one of the early/first people to test. Maybe he can clear this up for us but if he hasn't been checking his account regularly then he may have been sitting on the results for some time.

sktibo
04-05-2017, 05:42 PM
If he ordered in October then yes he was one of the early/first people to test. Maybe he can clear this up for us but if he hasn't been checking his account regularly then he may have been sitting on the results for some time.

He wrote "late October" which I don't consider to be one of the first, but I'm defining that as the first groups of us to order in September and the start of October. Regardless, you're right in that he could have been sitting on his results for a while and if so the date he ordered isn't important. It's a frustrating thing not knowing whose results have incorrect calls and whose do not. Currently I can't use my results for anything until they're verified as they are or are corrected. (At the very least my Y DNA subclade will change)
Looks like I'm playing the waiting game too!

avalon
04-05-2017, 06:46 PM
He wrote "late October" which I don't consider to be one of the first, but I'm defining that as the first groups of us to order in September and the start of October. Regardless, you're right in that he could have been sitting on his results for a while and if so the date he ordered isn't important. It's a frustrating thing not knowing whose results have incorrect calls and whose do not. Currently I can't use my results for anything until they're verified as they are or are corrected. (At the very least my Y DNA subclade will change)
Looks like I'm playing the waiting game too!

I could be wrong but I think you may have to wait a while for the Scottish and Irish estimates to improve. It will take time to collect enough samples and then do the analysis.

That's why I raised an eyebrow at Gogmagog's high Irish result, because I don't think the irish problem is fixed and yet he is still getting a very high score.

sktibo
04-05-2017, 06:53 PM
I could be wrong but I think you may have to wait a while for the Scottish and Irish estimates to improve. It will take time to collect enough samples and then do the analysis.

That's why I raised an eye at Gogmagog's high Irish result, because I don't think the irish problem is fixed and yet he is still getting a very high score.

For now, I'm hopeful my English scores will improve, and I'd like my continental ancestry to show up. I've just about given up on getting any Irish, and I think it will be years before the Scottish update. I agree that the Irish problem is still present

JMcB
04-06-2017, 12:33 AM
For now, I'm hopeful my English scores will improve, and I'd like my continental ancestry to show up. I've just about given up on getting any Irish, and I think it will be years before the Scottish update. I agree that the Irish problem is still present

Yeah, I would also like to see my continental ancestry appear. They're not large percentages (approx. 13% combined) but FTDNA found them, so it's doable. Fortunately, Living DNA lets you know where they may be having problems, so I know where they went and I can adjust for that. I'd also like to see if they can assign my 8.3% unassigned British Isles, which from my reckoning should probably go to my Irish results, which are shy by just about that amount. Mostly, I would like to stop checking every day to see if their two other modes have come online yet. ;-)

razyn
04-06-2017, 05:01 PM
I ordered my kit Jan. 19th and received my results today, April 6th. Analysis looks very good, to me. I know more about my YDNA than they call; but I've had BigY and FGC Elite (both) and run the FTDNA haplogroup project for DF27 -- so I ought to. What they call (Z220) is correct, down to that level. Their mtDNA call of T2f3 is correct -- I also got that previously from FTDNA, but at a much higher cost. So I have no complaints with regard to the cost, speed, or accuracy (as far as I know).

Really I was most interested in seeing what sort of breakdown I'd get of British localities, and that was quite extensive. My estimated 83% British ancestry all has been in the US for two centuries, most of it somewhat more. I would be a lousy candidate for POBI testing, and that's why I wanted to compare against their database. Other companies haven't shown me this level of detail:

ollie444
04-06-2017, 05:12 PM
I ordered my kit Jan. 19th and received my results today, April 6th. Analysis looks very good, to me. I know more about my YDNA than they call; but I've had BigY and FGC Elite (both) and run the FTDNA haplogroup project for DF27 -- so I ought to. What they call (Z220) is correct, down to that level. Their mtDNA call of T2f3 is correct -- I also got that previously from FTDNA, but at a much higher cost. So I have no complaints with regard to the cost, speed, or accuracy (as far as I know).

Really I was most interested in seeing what sort of breakdown I'd get of British localities, and that was quite extensive. My estimated 83% British ancestry all has been in the US for two centuries, most of it somewhat more. I would be a lousy candidate for POBI testing, and that's why I wanted to compare against their database. Other companies haven't shown me this level of detail:

I spy some Sardinian! Any chance of uploading your percentages?

sktibo
04-07-2017, 06:31 PM
I said I would share the response I got from Living DNA here regarding technical difficulties with their chip and revisions of results. I'm happy with their response. Here is our conversation:

My message:

"Hello again, hope all is well for you folks. I wanted to add some clarification into my enquiry, in case it helps. Since I learned about illumina providing incorrect calling data I'm awaiting a revision of my results, particularly for my Y DNA subclade assignment since it is not in agreement with other tests I've done. I received my results in early February so I was one of the first groups to get results. Therefore, the early problems with the chip would have affected my test. My test number is [omitted] in case that's helpful. I don't require immediate action on this, as I'm sure you folks have your hands full.
What I do want is to know this is being worked on, as I can't really use my results with any certainly as it stands!"

Their reply:

"Hi, we always welcome people to keep getting in touch and letting us know how they are finding things. So thanks for the update and yes this is being worked on. The updates will come as soon as we have resolved any technical glitches and we will update you when we can reissue your results. In any case your results will have lifetime updates as our technology and science grows."

In short, they are working on reissuing results to those who require them. I hope I'll get mine sooner than later!

MacUalraig
04-07-2017, 07:23 PM
I said I would share the response I got from Living DNA here regarding technical difficulties with their chip and revisions of results. I'm happy with their response. Here is our conversation:

My message:

"Hello again, hope all is well for you folks. I wanted to add some clarification into my enquiry, in case it helps. Since I learned about illumina providing incorrect calling data I'm awaiting a revision of my results, particularly for my Y DNA subclade assignment since it is not in agreement with other tests I've done. I received my results in early February so I was one of the first groups to get results. Therefore, the early problems with the chip would have affected my test. My test number is [omitted] in case that's helpful. I don't require immediate action on this, as I'm sure you folks have your hands full.
What I do want is to know this is being worked on, as I can't really use my results with any certainly as it stands!"

Their reply:

"Hi, we always welcome people to keep getting in touch and letting us know how they are finding things. So thanks for the update and yes this is being worked on. The updates will come as soon as we have resolved any technical glitches and we will update you when we can reissue your results. In any case your results will have lifetime updates as our technology and science grows."

In short, they are working on reissuing results to those who require them. I hope I'll get mine sooner than later!

Does that mean literally that when 'LDNA2' with several layers deeper SNP testing comes out you will pay nothing to get it applied? When Geno and Chromo both made existing customers pay? Bit sceptical whether that applies to your terminal Y SNP, other than revisions due to current chip errors.

sktibo
04-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Does that mean literally that when 'LDNA2' with several layers deeper SNP testing comes out you will pay nothing to get it applied? When Geno and Chromo both made existing customers pay? Bit sceptical whether that applies to your terminal Y SNP, other than revisions due to current chip errors.

Currently their business plan is to give existing customers free updates, but I'm with you on this, I don't have high hopes that they'll be able to do this. You've got to bring in more money somehow. As for my Y terminal SNP it's going to be either revised or possibly just drawn back to P312. I'm not totally sure what you're asking but I hope this answers it

MacUalraig
04-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Currently their business plan is to give existing customers free updates, but I'm with you on this, I don't have high hopes that they'll be able to do this. You've got to bring in more money somehow. As for my Y terminal SNP it's going to be either revised or possibly just drawn back to P312. I'm not totally sure what you're asking but I hope this answers it

I think we are in agreement. The promise is a bit vague and its one thing to say update an ancestral migration map or re-analyse an admixture test, but quite another to extend a Y hg classification without testing new SNPs and they won't do that for free. An exception might be something like on Chromo2 where Jim Wilson bunged lots of new SNPs which hadn't been placed on the tree yet. I'm not getting the impression LDNA did anything like that, but of course we ain't seen their Y SNP list yet.

sktibo
04-08-2017, 06:46 PM
I think we are in agreement. The promise is a bit vague and its one thing to say update an ancestral migration map or re-analyse an admixture test, but quite another to extend a Y hg classification without testing new SNPs and they won't do that for free. An exception might be something like on Chromo2 where Jim Wilson bunged lots of new SNPs which hadn't been placed on the tree yet. I'm not getting the impression LDNA did anything like that, but of course we ain't seen their Y SNP list yet.

Oh, I think I understand what you're asking now. No they're not going to extend people's Y or Mtdna classifications in the future, I mentioned my Y assignment because it was affected by incorrect calls. It's going to change because of that. The future updates refer to the addition of new autosomal categories such as all the different Irish regions, the addition of new Scottish regions, and more recently, they announced they plan on creating about 28 genetic German regions.

avalon
04-16-2017, 09:00 PM

Interesting results. You also have some of that enigmatic "Tuscany" that a few British Isles testers have received. Do you have known ancestry from Italy?

razyn
04-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Interesting results. You also have some of that enigmatic "Tuscany" that a few British Isles testers have received. Do you have known ancestry from Italy?
Nope, closest known is from Stetten am Heuchelberg, in the upper Rhine area. That immigrant couple came to VA in 1717 (second Germanna colony). No other paper trail suggestions from that far south in Europe -- or from elsewhere than British and German areas -- more recently than that. My family tree near enough in time to expect clear evidence in autosomal results is pretty well filled in. One can always have surprise ancestors; I do have one illegitimate gr-gr-gr-grandfather born to a Kincaid lady (widow McMurry) on the Kentucky frontier. But that wasn't any hotbed of Italian settlement, in the 1790s. Another possibility could be Piedmont North Carolina about 6-7 generations back. But again, who the heck was from Tuscany? The usual suspects for unexpected strains in the DNA there would be Native Americans, or escaped slaves.

Kiln
04-16-2017, 10:42 PM

Neat, if you got your test back that quick I might be looking as early as the first week of May on my results.

sktibo
04-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Neat, if you got your test back that quick I might be looking as early as the first week of May on my results.

Looking forward to seeing if they give you a native american percentage Kiln

Pylsteen
04-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Well, they received my samples. Now I have to wait for two months I believe. In the meantime, I suppose it is better now to forget about this, so that the waiting will be short. That won't happen though, I even think more about it. I speculate about my haplogroups, which is fun, but there is no way to tell. Most likely is R-U106, but I would like R-U152 or I2 too. Mt-dna V or U just sounds nice, though H will be more likely. Autosomal: I am curious what they will do. Probably some Germanic will turn out as English.
Ok, enough speculation. Time to wait!

Kiln
04-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Well, they received my samples. Now I have to wait for two months I believe. In the meantime, I suppose it is better now to forget about this, so that the waiting will be short. That won't happen though, I even think more about it. I speculate about my haplogroups, which is fun, but there is no way to tell. Most likely is R-U106, but I would like R-U152 or I2 too. Mt-dna V or U just sounds nice, though H will be more likely. Autosomal: I am curious what they will do. Probably some Germanic will turn out as English.

Try Three. :behindsofa:

Pylsteen
04-19-2017, 10:56 PM
Ok, July it is.

ollie444
04-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Try Three. :behindsofa:

Try two actually, based on the second kit I sent off.

GTC
04-20-2017, 12:05 PM

They received my samples "at one of our logistics centres" on April 1 and today notified me that the ETA for results is 2017-07-05, so 20 days between receipt of samples and notification of an ETA. Quite a long time between receipt and batching.

Yes, it's best not to dwell on an ETA. The results will come when they are ready.

My Big Y results took months to arrive from FTDNA, so I'm used to such waits.

davedog83
04-20-2017, 12:57 PM
I recently ordered a LivingDNA kit as well. The kit arrived within 3-5 days and I returned it the very next day. However, it has been 7 working days but my kit still has not been received at the LivingDNA facility (at least according to their status page). I hope it didn't get lost in the mail as there is no tracking service..

evon
04-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Thank you for ordering our Living DNA test.

We're excited to get your test to you and you will receive an email from our team when your kit is shipped.

So it begins..

galon07
04-20-2017, 08:08 PM
I was planning to order it as well, but if it's taking so long for you guys who live in the Northern Hemisphere to get the kits/results, I guess it'll take even longer to me here.

AntG
04-20-2017, 11:34 PM
I was planning to order it as well, but if it's taking so long for you guys who live in the Northern Hemisphere to get the kits/results, I guess it'll take even longer to me here.

It's on sale ;) I did speak to LivingDNA at WDYTYA Live a couple of weeks ago and they said the current turnaround is 8-12 weeks but that they are hoping to get this down soon to be en par with the other major testers.

In celebration of #NationalDNADay, We're offering a WORLDWIDE discount on Living DNA ancestry tests! Get your kit now for a limited time only with £20/$40/€30 off! http://ow.ly/frmZ30b0tIR

I guess a flurry of orders won't help get the turnaround time down... good news for matching though when they bring that in.

galon07
04-21-2017, 02:16 AM
They say worldwide, but here unfortunately it's not on sale. At least not when I change to the "International" region. :(

Anyway, I'm sure they'll be improving on this (maybe not now, as you said). It's just a matter of time. I still want to do it, so I might order it some time in the future.

GTC
04-21-2017, 02:45 AM
They say worldwide, but here unfortunately it's not on sale. At least not when I change to the "International" region. :(

Suggest emailing them to confirm that is the case.

evon
04-21-2017, 07:46 AM

Anyway, I'm sure they'll be improving on this (maybe not now, as you said). It's just a matter of time. I still want to do it, so I might order it some time in the future.

I ordered it using my sisters address in UK, was cheaper that way for me..

miremont
04-21-2017, 08:06 AM
I am probably going to order a kit. As long as it doesn't take more than 3 months to get my results it isn't too bad. The mtDNA haplogroup analysis will be a nice bonus.

Dibran
04-21-2017, 09:35 AM
I'm pretty disgusted with their services. Or lack thereof. So of course with my luck both my samples failed. Despite following their damned booklet instruction to a T.

That's not the biggest problem though. The biggest has to be that a month into testing they advised me there were no issues with the second sample. So either I was lied to which is utterly unprofessional. Or they never even started testing the sample until a month after advising me the first one failed.

Now I'm waiting for a new kit, and what seems like another 5 months waiting period.

The way they have handled this is atrocious.

Dibran
04-21-2017, 09:38 AM
I am probably going to order a kit. As long as it doesn't take more than 3 months to get my results it isn't too bad. The mtDNA haplogroup analysis will be a nice bonus.

Don't bother. 5 months in myself and now they are sending me a new kit to retest. They also lied a month into testing my second sample. Advising me there were no issues. Only to get an email the Following month that they are sending a new kit. So it looks like it will be another 5 month process.

AntG
04-21-2017, 10:07 AM
They say worldwide, but here unfortunately it's not on sale. At least not when I change to the "International" region. :(.
There is a discount of $10 now showing on the international page... not as much as some of the other regions though...

ollie444
04-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Don't bother. 5 months in myself and now they are sending me a new kit to retest. They also lied a month into testing my second sample. Advising me there were no issues. Only to get an email the Following month that they are sending a new kit. So it looks like it will be another 5 month process.

Don't bother based on your experience. You seem to be very unlucky, as plenty of people have had no problems at all. Living DNA's turnaround is currently much quicker than ancestry's I believe, where some people still haven't got their results from Xmas.

Dibran
04-21-2017, 11:18 AM
There turnaround with me has been abysmal. They tried to respond to me like I didn't know how to follow instructions when I went he extra mile by going on a fast the night before collecting my sample. Whatever. I'm going to give the second kit a try. If it fails yet again they better refund me every damn penny for their mishandling if the situation.

miremont
04-21-2017, 02:26 PM

Okay 5 months is unacceptable, even for a new company. I guess I'll wait a little longer and see if processing times improve.

miremont
04-21-2017, 02:32 PM
Don't bother based on your experience. You seem to be very unlucky, as plenty of people have had no problems at all. Living DNA's turnaround is currently much quicker than ancestry's I believe, where some people still haven't got their results from Xmas.

I ordered an AncestryDNA test around Christmas, took about 7 weeks to process, so not that bad. Though I've seen customers complain about having to wait much longer. You would expect big companies like Ancestry to properly prepare for the holiday seasons.... but each year there are delays.

jonathanmcg1990
04-24-2017, 10:50 AM
I ordered an AncestryDNA test around Christmas, took about 7 weeks to process, so not that bad. Though I've seen customers complain about having to wait much longer. You would expect big companies like Ancestry to properly prepare for the holiday seasons.... but each year there are delays.

Hopefully I don't have to wait that long for my ancestryDNA they received my sample April 18th and I don't have to wait that long. I am also waiting livingDNA results it's into week 7 now so hopefully get those results soon.

evon
04-24-2017, 08:14 PM
So it begins..

My sister got my kit today, so the shipping was fast at least, now I just have to wait for her to send it to Norway :P

MacEochaidh
04-24-2017, 11:53 PM
I ordered my Living DNA kit on February 2, 2017 and returned it quickly once it arrived. On February 17, 2017 my Kit was marked as received and remains at that stage as of March 15, 2017. I would love to hear about others experience with movement through the stages, and perhaps, estimates (guesstimates) of when I might see my next stages.

Testing on my Kit began on March 22, 2017 and my estimated completion date is May 23, 2017. My being less than a month away is exciting!

Dibran
04-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Their service is abysmal. I'm in a back and forth for 4 days now, where they promise to call and never do(im in the states). Dialing out 01144 or 0110044 doesn't seem to work either.

I just got my second kit but have no idea what difference it will make when I followed the instructions the first time around.

The worse is, I was promised by a supervisor via email I would be called at the time I requested. What do you know? No call.

I had to threaten legal action in the event I am not refunded(should the second kit fail).

These people have had 0 sense of urgency. Worse customer service ever.

jonathanmcg1990
04-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Testing on my Kit began on March 22, 2017 and my estimated completion date is May 23, 2017. My being less than a month away is exciting!

Hi MacEochaibh.

I got a private from a facebook friend who has the same completion date as you it was either May 22nd or May 24th it was one week before me and she had private messaged me on facebook to say she has her results.

You should check whether or not you got your results in and I have checked my results and mine still In testing mode.

Dibran
04-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Their service is abysmal. I'm in a back and forth for 4 days now, where they promise to call and never do(im in the states). Dialing out 01144 or 0110044 doesn't seem to work either.

I just got my second kit but have no idea what difference it will make when I followed the instructions the first time around.

The worse is, I was promised by a supervisor via email I would be called at the time I requested. What do you know? No call.

I had to threaten legal action in the event I am not refunded(should the second kit fail).

ollie444
04-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Hi MacEochaibh.

I got a private from a facebook friend who has the same completion date as you it was either May 22nd or May 24th it was one week before me and she had private messaged me on facebook to say she has her results.

You should check whether or not you got your results in and I have checked my results and mine still In testing mode.

I think batches are released over a few days. I noticed w/ my second kit that people had started getting results a couple of days before.

Dibran
04-25-2017, 08:19 PM
Does anyone know if they send a second kit for recollection that they only send one swab?

If so I was not advised of this. If I was supposed to receive 2 swabs for the second recollection I am about on my last nerve with this shit poor excuse of customer service.

Please someone answer so I can ship this crap out already.

MacEochaidh
04-25-2017, 10:52 PM
Hi MacEochaibh.

As of 3:50pm PDT, my Kit is still listed as "Testing". I'm checking a few times a day!!

Jessie
04-26-2017, 02:14 AM

You appear to have had a really bad experience. I found them really helpful but it is a long wait to get results compared to other DNA companies. I've ordered two more kits but I this time I know I'll have a long wait so not too worried.

AntG
04-26-2017, 07:53 AM
As of 3:50pm PDT, my Kit is still listed as "Testing". I'm checking a few times a day!!

When I did mine, I was checking regularly and it went from Testing and then straight to Complete. If it did go to the Data Review stage, I didn't manage to see it during the short time it was there!...

Dibran
04-27-2017, 12:48 AM
You appear to have had a really bad experience. I found them really helpful but it is a long wait to get results compared to other DNA companies. I've ordered two more kits but I this time I know I'll have a long wait so not too worried.

Honestly not so much the wait(though it is a factor) but more the lack of care. I understand these things can take time.

However, lack of followup when promise is made, is just bad for a business's reputation.

I'm dealing with someone now, who has thankfully updated me(via email.).

Pylsteen
04-28-2017, 05:50 PM
"Testing started"! est. date July 17th.

Bleuteufel
04-30-2017, 12:18 AM
I sent back my kit at end of Jan., went into testing Feb. 13 and received my partial results 7 weeks from date went into testing and then received missing haplogroup a week later so 8 weeks in total for me.

Jessie
05-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Does anyone know if they send a second kit for recollection that they only send one swab?

If so I was not advised of this. If I was supposed to receive 2 swabs for the second recollection I am about on my last nerve with this shit poor excuse of customer service.

Please someone answer so I can ship this crap out already.

They are only sending one swab now. I got one of my ordered kits and it only had one swab so I queried it with them and they said that they found they weren't using the second swab because usually the one swab was all that was needed for a successful result so now they are only sending one.

FionnSneachta
05-02-2017, 06:04 PM

My sample started testing on 24th February and won't be completed until 12th May (hopefully). At first I was wondering why everyone else seems to be getting their results quicker but it's probably because my sample is being used for research as well. It's being tested as part of the Irish research project. I'm curious to see what the results will be like. Will it just be Ireland at the moment or will they already put me in a region in Ireland? My AncestryDNA result was 96% Irish, 2% Great British, 1% Finland/Northwest Russian and <1% Scandinavian. I'm just expecting to see Irish since it doesn't seem to pick up trace regions like AncestryDNA. It would be really cool if it was able to detect a region in Great Britain where the 2% comes from but it's probably too small to be picked up.

MacEochaidh
05-02-2017, 06:30 PM
My sample started testing on 24th February and won't be completed until 12th May (hopefully). At first I was wondering why everyone else seems to be getting their results quicker but it's probably because my sample is being used for research as well. It's being tested as part of the Irish research project. I'm curious to see what the results will be like. Will it just be Ireland at the moment or will they already put me in a region in Ireland? My AncestryDNA result was 96% Irish, 2% Great British, 1% Finland/Northwest Russian and <1% Scandinavian. I'm just expecting to see Irish since it doesn't seem to pick up trace regions like AncestryDNA. It would be really cool if it was able to detect a region in Great Britain where the 2% comes from but it's probably too small to be picked up.

It will be interesting to see your results, and I hope more "genuine articles" test with LivingDNA. My Dad was born in Belfast and adopted by a family from Derry. My maternal grandfather was also born in Belfast and was of Irish and Scots ancestry, including the Outer Hebrides. I'm very interested in what they find! I'm exactly three weeks out from my estimated results date of May 23, 2017.

ollie444
05-02-2017, 07:25 PM

Think the Irish regions might be added a few weeks after you get your results.

FionnSneachta
05-02-2017, 08:17 PM
It will be interesting to see your results, and I hope more "genuine articles" test with LivingDNA. My Dad was born in Belfast and adopted by a family from Derry. My maternal grandfather was also born in Belfast and was of Irish and Scots ancestry, including the Outer Hebrides. I'm very interested in what they find! I'm exactly three weeks out from my estimated results date of May 23, 2017.

I couldn't be much more 'genuine'. All of my 3x great grandparents were born within 40km of each other never mind 80km. That's why I'd love if they could pinpoint the British ancestry since I have no idea where it's from. I know that there's Knotts in my family and there's supposed to be Scandinavian ancestry there and maybe the Knotts went to England before Ireland. Of course it could also be much further back with a different surname entirely.

Unfortunately my sample won't be of much use to you since my ancestors are all from Connacht. I haven't heard them looking for more participants so hopefully they've received enough samples at this stage for all of the preliminary regions. I'll post if my results have been assigned to a more precise region than just Ireland. I'm also excited to learn my mitochondrial haplogroup since I've never done that test. Unfortunately I'd have to test another family member to find out the Y-DNA haplogroup. I'll get there eventually.

Jessie
05-03-2017, 01:42 AM

I'm fully Irish as well and my father is from Connacht and mother from Munster. On LivingDNA I got approx. 51% Ireland and on Ancestry I got 91% Ireland, 2% Great Britain, 3% Europe East, 2% Europe West, 1% Scandinavian and 1% European Jewish. My biggest regions after Ireland was Devon and Northwest Scotland. Will be interested to see what changes when they update their Irish database.

Jessie
05-03-2017, 01:45 AM
I couldn't be much more 'genuine'. All of my 3x great grandparents were born within 40km of each other never mind 80km. That's why I'd love if they could pinpoint the British ancestry since I have no idea where it's from. I know that there's Knotts in my family and there's supposed to be Scandinavian ancestry there and maybe the Knotts went to England before Ireland. Of course it could also be much further back with a different surname entirely.

Unfortunately my sample won't be of much use to you since my ancestors are all from Connacht. I haven't heard them looking for more participants so hopefully they've received enough samples at this stage for all of the preliminary regions. I'll post if my results have been assigned to a more precise region than just Ireland. I'm also excited to learn my mitochondrial haplogroup since I've never done that test. Unfortunately I'd have to test another family member to find out the Y-DNA haplogroup. I'll get there eventually.

Yes it would be interesting to find out what your family's ydna is. I had my brother tested and he is M222 so there is quite a lot of that in Connacht.

JerryS.
05-03-2017, 03:05 AM
what does living DNA do, tell you if you have living relatives in other countries? what if the relative in the other country hasn't given a DNA sample?

sktibo
05-03-2017, 04:33 AM
what does living DNA do, tell you if you have living relatives in other countries? what if the relative in the other country hasn't given a DNA sample?

It doesn't tell you if you have relatives in other countries, it gives you an autosomal DNA analysis along with a Y DNA and MtDNA assignment

JerryS.
05-03-2017, 04:35 AM
It doesn't tell you if you have relatives in other countries, it gives you an autosomal DNA analysis along with a Y DNA and MtDNA assignment

so since ive gotten the autosomal test from Ancestry, this would be redundant for me?

AntG
05-03-2017, 05:48 AM
so since ive gotten the autosomal test from Ancestry, this would be redundant for me?

Living DNA does not do matching, yet, but they are expected to bring it in this summer... see http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?9589-DNA-Matching They are also looking to bring in the ability to upload raw data from other providers to them for a fee, although this will not be as good as testing with them direct.

If it is relative matching that you are interested in, you can upload your raw Ancestry DNA to Family Tree DNA for free ($19 if you want to use their tools) - see https://www.familytreedna.com/autosomal-transfer. You will get all bar distant and speculative matches, unless you test with FTDNA direct.

You cannot transfer data to 23andMe... you would need to test with them to get in their matching database; some people from all providers upload to https://www.gedmatch.com/, so that is another avenue for you.

MyHeritage DNA also accept transfers but I'm not a fan currently as I think their matching algorithm isn't quite right and it is a small database at the moment... see http://helpcenter.myheritage.com/DNA/DNA-Matching/82928365/How-can-I-upload-my-autosomal-DNA-test-results.htm

jortita
05-03-2017, 06:51 AM

Living DNA provides you recent ancestry results (going back 10 generations) while Ancestry DNA is focused on deeper ancestry

ollie444
05-03-2017, 10:30 AM

Living DNA also breaks down Britain into 21 regions. They have plans to break other countries down into more regions too and are currently doing Ireland and Germany.

See: https://www.livingdna.com/en-gb/family-ancestry

jonathanmcg1990
05-03-2017, 01:16 PM

No I would like to take a descending view on this. I have a mutual friend who lives in Australia is one of the participates in the Irish grandparent project and she forms the part of the Ulster planter group her results was due on May 24th I got private message on messenger April 25th saying how results are in.

My results aren't due to May 31st I'm not part of the Irish grandparent project and I haven't received my results. I would suggest if you haven't got your results before May 12th I would throw them a email over to see what the craic is.

evon
05-03-2017, 02:29 PM
My sister got my kit today, so the shipping was fast at least, now I just have to wait for her to send it to Norway :P

Got the kit and sent it onward today, the post office said the packet should be delivered by this weekend..

JerryS.
05-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Living DNA provides you recent ancestry results (going back 10 generations) while Ancestry DNA is focused on deeper ancestry

where can I upload my Ancestry autosomal raw data for free AND see the results for free?

jortita
05-04-2017, 01:22 AM
where can I upload my Ancestry autosomal raw data for free AND see the results for free?

They do not have a feature of uploading other ancestry data and you will have to order the kit to obtain results

Jessie
05-04-2017, 01:25 AM

They are planning on having this feature in the future but it isn't available yet.

JerryS.
05-04-2017, 02:33 PM
so far I loaded it to FTdna and it was close, then they got a new 2.0 version and it really changed drastically. I used GEDmatch and its Dodecad V3 shows me as I have researched regarding regions and "percentages". but depending upon the calculating model used it shifts the Mediterranean locations around.

Ricimer
05-08-2017, 06:51 PM
LivingDna sent me a mail in january told me that my results would be finished in 2017/05/09. Tomorrow I am going to inform you if they keep their word.

sktibo
05-08-2017, 07:08 PM
LivingDna sent me a mail in january told me that my results would be finished in 2017/05/09. Tomorrow I am going to inform you if they keep their word.

It's going to be particularly interesting to see results of a Spanish person.

kingjohn
05-08-2017, 07:09 PM
would be great to see your results :)
i gamble on iberia aegean

Ricimer
05-09-2017, 01:21 PM
LivingDna has kept its word and my test is finished.

My autosomal results are:

- 98.7% Iberia.

- 1.3% Unassigned European.

ollie444
05-09-2017, 02:32 PM

- 98.7% Iberia.

Are you fully Spanish? Not very exciting results at the moment, but one day Living DNA might break Spain down into different regions.:)

Ricimer
05-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Yes, I am fully Spanish and I did the LivingDna test because of its Ancestry Through History feature and Y-dna analysis.

I am not interesting in break my Spanish ancestry in regions.

Kiln
05-09-2017, 04:14 PM

- 98.7% Iberia.

Hope I don't have to wait as long as you. :\

sktibo
05-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Hope I don't have to wait as long as you. :\

I'm really curious as to your results now Kiln, as you've got a good chunk of scotch Irish, and I want to see if many of them come out as Northumbria. Hopefully your wait isn't much longer

christa
05-09-2017, 06:10 PM

- 98.7% Iberia.

Hi Ricimer,
Could You show us the maps of Your Ancestry "Through History"?
Could be intresting To see 500 and 1000 years ago and Roman times.

Ricimer
05-09-2017, 09:55 PM
I am going to open a new thread next saturday moorning and post some Ancestry Through History maps.

Solothurn
05-09-2017, 11:59 PM
I contacted livingdna as not received an early result :)

I ordered on 13/02/2017 and they received it a week or so later. I asked them when they started testing: 15th of March was their reply. They said they received a lot of kits so were inundated!

When pressed if my results would be in on the predicted date of 31st of May, No reply :(

Kiln
05-10-2017, 11:09 AM
I contacted livingdna as not received an early result :)

I ordered on 13/02/2017 and they received it a week or so later. I asked them when they started testing: 15th of March was their reply. They said they received a lot of kits so were inundated!

When pressed if my results would be in on the predicted date of 31st of May, No reply :(

This is unfortunate as I'm in the same batch as you.

\o/

FionnSneachta
05-12-2017, 02:47 PM
My results are due today. It's not looking promising but hopefully they'll still surprise me. I wonder when they finish working.

05-12-2017, 03:10 PM
My results are due today. It's not looking promising but hopefully they'll still surprise me. I wonder when they finish working.

Hi, will you post your results, once you get them, as I think everybody is interested to see how they break down Irish results.

MacEochaidh
05-12-2017, 03:30 PM

Le gach dea-ghui :)

jonathanmcg1990
05-12-2017, 03:38 PM
I am also in this batch at least it's a bunch of use not one or two.

jonathanmcg1990
05-12-2017, 03:39 PM

\o/

I am also in this batch at least it's a bunch of use not one or two.

FionnSneachta
05-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Hi, will you post your results, once you get them, as I think everybody is interested to see how they break down Irish results.
I will of course. I'm sure some people on the forum will find it more interesting than my family that will pretend to be interested in my excitement.

Le gach dea-ghui :)
Thank you! Although I don't think that my old Irish teacher would be too impressed if she knew that I had to look it up on Google!

Loderingo
05-12-2017, 03:52 PM
And me. I hoped when I saw you had posted that it had come in...

MacEochaidh
05-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Thank you! Although I don't think that my old Irish teacher would be too impressed if she knew that I had to look it up on Google!

I just now looked it up on Google and it doesn't match my meaning! To me Le gach dea-ghui means "With every good wish" :)

FionnSneachta
05-15-2017, 04:32 PM
First I want to apologise to those that think I've posted because I received my results. I sent an email and they've responded today. Apparently I've gotten a "Low Call Rate" delay. This means their "advanced laboratory technologies have not been able to read your DNA well enough to allow statistical testing to be accurately carried out. This occurs for approximately 1 out of 1000 samples and is due to insufficient or low quality DNA material."

It seems that I should have received an email on 21st May 2017 informing me of the delay. Does that make sense to anyone here? Apparently it could have gone to my spam but I check it regularly (it can be quite entertaining). My new estimated completion date is 2nd June 2017.

If the sample is "poor", I'd prefer to give a new sample in case it generates inaccurate results. I just find it strange since with Ancestry I gave a saliva sample and they were able to give me results within two weeks. Also they were still giving two swabs when I tested.

Look I know that sometimes the samples aren't right but it bothers me that I didn't get a notification and the notification date was wrong. I almost feel that they just forgot my sample on a shelf somewhere. The delays are just annoying. My testing was originally going to last three months while it only lasted two months for others. There was twenty days between when they received my sample and started testing it. I was always fine with this and was happy to wait since I had other things going on in my life but it's getting a bit ridiculous.

MacEochaidh
05-15-2017, 05:17 PM
First I want to apologise to those that think I've posted because I received my results. I sent an email and they've responded today. Apparently I've gotten a "Low Call Rate" delay. This means their "advanced laboratory technologies have not been able to read your DNA well enough to allow statistical testing to be accurately carried out. This occurs for approximately 1 out of 1000 samples and is due to insufficient or low quality DNA material."

It seems that I should have received an email on 21st May 2017. Does that make sense to anyone here? Apparently it could have gone to my spam but I check it regularly (it can be quite entertaining). My new estimated completion date is 2nd June 2017.

If the sample is "poor", I'd prefer to give a new sample in case it generates inaccurate results. I just find it strange since with Ancestry I gave a saliva sample and they were able to give me results within two weeks. Also they were still giving two swabs when I tested.

Look I know that sometimes the samples aren't right but it bothers me that I didn't get a notification and the notification date was wrong. I almost feel that they just forgot my sample on a shelf somewhere. The delays are just annoying. My testing was originally going to last three months while it only lasted two months for others. There was twenty days between when they received my sample and started testing it. I was always fine with this and was happy to wait since I had other things going on in my life but it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Terrible news.

Kiln
05-15-2017, 10:39 PM
@Above

That is unfortunate news.

As for my test, today I'm over three months from order date and passing two months from testing start date.

Dibran
05-16-2017, 12:51 AM
I feel your pain. Both my samples the first time failed. To be fair, I never took a cheek sample before. So I realized I did it wrong the first time.

However I followed their instructional video to a T. So if this low call rate nonsense happens again, I am requesting a full refund.

I take the cake in delays. My first 2 failed samples took 4 months before sending me a new swab. God willing, the next swab goes well. As my expected results are in the first week of august. That will be 6 months from my original order. It also took like 3 weeks for them to return my call. Yea. Pretty bad.

FionnSneachta
05-16-2017, 09:08 AM
I feel your pain. Both my samples the first time failed. To be fair, I never took a cheek sample before. So I realized I did it wrong the first time.

However I followed their instructional video to a T. So if this low call rate nonsense happens again, I am requesting a full refund.

I take the cake in delays. My first 2 failed samples took 4 months before sending me a new swab. God willing, the next swab goes well. As my expected results are in the first week of august. That will be 6 months from my original order. It also took like 3 weeks for them to return my call. Yea. Pretty bad.

Yeah I understand that the sample may not have been good it's frustrating when it takes them so long to realise it's a bad sample and send you a new swab. Although by the sounds of it, I won't have to re-do it. Is the video on their website of how to take a cheek sample?

If the results do to turn out to be inaccurate, I'll hopefully know since I do plan to buy the test again for my dad or brother to find out their Y DNA. I know that Family Tree DNA would probably be better but it's so expensive. The Y-37 isn't too bad in terms of price but Y-67 is meant to be the ideal option for genealogy purposes I think.

jonathanmcg1990
05-16-2017, 12:33 PM
@Above

That is unfortunate news.

As for my test, today I'm over three months from order date and passing two months from testing start date.

I am the same batch as you I don't think anyone from our batch has received their results are know one way or the other what is happening with their results.

So it is probably then seen a spike in demand when we ordered our results and that's why we haven't seen our results or something bigger than that.

Kind Regards

Jonathan McGuinness

Solothurn
05-16-2017, 12:54 PM
They replied, results will be in on time!

I have a friend who wants to buy a DNA test for a male with Spanish heritage and wants to get a good deal. Would anyone say livingdna or not?

\o/

Solothurn
05-19-2017, 05:30 PM
The countdown, 12 days :behindsofa:

MacEochaidh
05-19-2017, 06:54 PM
The countdown, 12 days :behindsofa:

My countdown is four days. May we both receive our results on time (or earlier)!

jonathanmcg1990
05-19-2017, 07:14 PM
I know I can't wait Solothurn.

If they not in by 12 Days time I sending them an email saying what on earth going on

sktibo
05-19-2017, 07:35 PM
next batch is going to be a big one for the living DNA section of the forum. hoping I'll get some clues about my own results when you folks post yours

evon
05-19-2017, 09:50 PM
The current estimated completion date for your online results is: 2017-08-11.

:) This will be a very busy summer, so I dont expect I will spend too much time thinking about the test date...

Solothurn
05-20-2017, 02:29 AM
Me neither :(

If my kit fails the Data Review then there is no way I can offer more than what I sent in. One was red with blood I scratched that hard :)

The countdown, 11 days http://www.anthrogenica.com/images/smilies1/behindsofa.gif

I know I can't wait Solothurn.

If they not in by 12 Days time I sending them an email saying what on earth going on

jonathanmcg1990
05-20-2017, 12:29 PM
next batch is going to be a big one for the living DNA section of the forum. hoping I'll get some clues about my own results when you folks post yours

I think the next batch to be released isn't a big a batch for this forum. I think it's going to be their biggest batch from the batch you where in Sktibo. I think around February time they where get recognised and people where buying in their droves and that's why this one is going right down to the wire.

Kind Regards

Jonathan McGuinness

jonathanmcg1990
05-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Me neither :(

If my kit fails the Data Review then there is no way I can offer more than what I sent in. One was red with blood I scratched that hard :)

The countdown, 11 days http://www.anthrogenica.com/images/smilies1/behindsofa.gif

Oh dear you must done it very hard I through mine was more like cotton wool I surprise it picked up any of my DNA so I also well extracted salvia on it to be on the safe side

Dibran
05-20-2017, 08:57 PM
Yeah I understand that the sample may not have been good it's frustrating when it takes them so long to realise it's a bad sample and send you a new swab. Although by the sounds of it, I won't have to re-do it. Is the video on their website of how to take a cheek sample?

If the results do to turn out to be inaccurate, I'll hopefully know since I do plan to buy the test again for my dad or brother to find out their Y DNA. I know that Family Tree DNA would probably be better but it's so expensive. The Y-37 isn't too bad in terms of price but Y-67 is meant to be the ideal option for genealogy purposes I think.

The way they explained it to me, was that the sample is placed on the chip, and that there is no way to know whether call rates are low or high until its finished. If this is indeed the case I understand the delay. However, if they can detect these things early on than it is simply lying/bad punctuality.

FionnSneachta
05-20-2017, 11:31 PM
The way they explained it to me, was that the sample is placed on the chip, and that there is no way to know whether call rates are low or high until its finished. If this is indeed the case I understand the delay. However, if they can detect these things early on than it is simply lying/bad punctuality.

I think that it was just a glitch. I was supposed to have been informed long ago. They're testing the second swab now and it should be ready in two weeks so it's not a big deal really. I'm glad to have a date since on the previous due date I was constantly checking if it was finished. Now I'm not going to check until it's due.

ollie444
05-21-2017, 09:59 AM

I thought it was meant to go through a quality control aspect first, before the testing begins?

FionnSneachta
05-21-2017, 12:21 PM
I thought it was meant to go through a quality control aspect first, before the testing begins?

I would have thought that it was something like that too especially since my poor swab was supposedly picked up long ago and my second swab is only behind by three weeks. The poor quality swab must have been picked up early enough in the process. It makes sense to do it that way. It would be a massive waste of time to do a complete test on a sample that has no DNA.

MacEochaidh
05-22-2017, 04:47 PM
Tomorrow, Tuesday, 5/23/2017, is my "estimated due date" for my results. Living DNA has had my kit for 13 weeks. It took five weeks to begin testing after they received my kit.

Any bets as to whether I get my results tomorrow? My bet is no results and no communication from Living DNA.

ollie444
05-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Tomorrow, Tuesday, 5/23/2017, is my "estimated due date" for my results. Living DNA has had my kit for 13 weeks. It took five weeks to begin testing after they received my kit.

Any bets as to whether I get my results tomorrow? My bet is no results and no communication from Living DNA.

I'm sure you will.

Kiln
05-22-2017, 05:13 PM

I assume it's likely.

I also assume I won't get mine until the deadline as well.

EDIT:

I've just been made a liar.

My results are in!

Loderingo
05-22-2017, 05:36 PM
When was your due date? My 2 kits both still say testing. :(

Kiln
05-22-2017, 05:38 PM
When was your due date? My 2 kits both still say testing. :(

Order date Feb. 9th
Due date May 31st

MacEochaidh
05-22-2017, 05:44 PM
Order date Feb. 9th
Due date May 31st

Your a week behind me on order date AND results date estimate, yet you have your results and I don't! Unbelievable!

sktibo
05-22-2017, 08:24 PM
Your a week behind me on order date AND results date estimate, yet you have your results and I don't! Unbelievable!

I'll be checking in tomorrow to see if yours are in. I think it's possible that you want your results more than anybody else does!

MacEochaidh
05-22-2017, 11:36 PM
I'll be checking in tomorrow to see if yours are in. I think it's possible that you want your results more than anybody else does!

I certainly want my results after paying $159.00 and waiting 13 weeks from the time they received my kit. Plus, it has been disheartening to see people receive messages on, or after their due date telling them something has gone wrong. There is no excuse for this. They HAD to know before they due date and never made contact.

Solothurn
05-23-2017, 11:05 AM
Fantastic :beerchug:

I am not jealous >:(

Did you get an email or not?

I assume it's likely.

I also assume I won't get mine until the deadline as well.

EDIT:

I've just been made a liar.

My results are in!

MacEochaidh
05-23-2017, 12:06 PM
I'm sure you will.

No results, no explanation, no new due date.

FionnSneachta
05-23-2017, 12:23 PM
No results, no explanation, no new due date.

There's still a few hours left in the day but if there's no results I'd email them tomorrow or tonight even. At least they'll be working tomorrow so you should get a reply back. My due dates have both been on a Friday so I'll have to wait until Monday if something goes wrong again. It is strange that some results can be released early while others are delayed.

MacEochaidh
05-23-2017, 12:29 PM
There's still a few hours left in the day but if there's no results I'd email them tomorrow or tonight even. At least they'll be working tomorrow so you should get a reply back. My due dates have both been on a Friday so I'll have to wait until Monday if something goes wrong again. It is strange that some results can be released early while others are delayed.

The results have arrived.

ollie444
05-23-2017, 01:09 PM
I've emailed them and sent a PM on facebook; no reply. I want a full detailed explanation as to why I don't have my results. They have had my kit for 13 weeks!

The due date is the due date. No reason to get them earlier and no need for explanations, unless you don't get them by the end of today.

Solothurn
05-23-2017, 02:27 PM
I contacted them :)Reply: Thank you for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear that your contact pipped you to the post with the results :-( The samples are processed in batches and it looks like his samples were a little ahead of yours hence the results coming out early... I can see that your testing is currently on going well and we expect to get your results issued for the 31/05/17. Of course if its possible to release them earlier we will try to do this for you :-) KMM

MacEochaidh
05-23-2017, 02:40 PM
The due date is the due date. No reason to get them earlier and no need for explanations, unless you don't get them by the end of today.

Others have contacted them simply to see if their results would be on time and have gotten a response. Solothurn (above) is an example.

MacEochaidh
05-23-2017, 04:39 PM

Kiln
05-23-2017, 05:26 PM
Fantastic :beerchug:

I am not jealous >:(

Did you get an email or not?

Yes, received email.

sktibo
05-23-2017, 07:16 PM

Alright! Let's see what they assigned you

MacEochaidh
05-23-2017, 08:08 PM
Alright! Let's see what they assigned you

I'll get it all together soon.. still looking it over. Basics are 69% Britain and Ireland / 20% France / 9.2 Unassigned Europe / 1.3 Unassigned World. Only 12.4% Northwest Scotland/North of Ireland and only 4.1% Ireland! Central England 11.3% / East Anglia 10.6% and Cumbria 7.2%.

Babatunde
05-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Received my results yesterday, about 2 weeks before the estimated completion date!

Testing completed: 5/24/17

ollie444
05-25-2017, 10:01 AM
Received my results yesterday, about 2 weeks before the estimated completion date!

Testing completed: 5/24/17

Not sure we've seen any LivingDNA results from someone of African descent, would you care to share?

Loderingo
05-25-2017, 10:56 AM
1 of my 2 kits has come in! Will post the results later.

Babatunde
05-25-2017, 02:41 PM
Not sure we've seen any LivingDNA results from someone of African descent, would you care to share?

Sure, no problem.

I'm largely non-ethnic European (50% Nigerian, 25% Ghanaian, 25% British):

Africa 75.6%
Yorubaland 61.3%
East Africa 10.7%
Mandinka 3.6%

Europe 21.6%
Great Britain and Ireland 13.2%
South Central England 4.1%
Cornwall 3.8%
Lincolnshire 3.6%
South Yorkshire 1.7%

Europe (North and West) 8.4%
Scandinavia 8.4%

Asia (East) 1.3%
South China 1.3%

World (unassigned) 1.5%

Fatherline: I-L22
Motherline: L1b1a9

Some thoughts:

1.) I'm a bit annoyed with Africa's genetic diversity (the most on the planet) not being better represented here; In comparison, Asia (South), alone, has more population references and that's a bit ridiculous. And within the British context that LivingDNA operates, Ghana and Nigeria are former British colonies and so there should at least be more specificity given within those populations, IMO.

2.) I expected to see some East Anglia (at least about 5%) and a bit more South Yorkshire but perhaps that's being represented by the Scandinavian estimate.

3.) Very surprised by the 3.8% Cornwall--it matches up with an unaccounted for ancestor that I had hopefully but wrongfully surmised was Irish or Scottish; My father and I are both freckled with auburn hair and foolishly attributed that to the fiery headed "Celts" most approximate to us.

4.) Unanticipated Asian DNA is a recurring theme for me on multiple DNA tests and on Gedmatch, I seem to match a few people who are Indonesian, Taiwanese and African-Americans with reported Malagasy heritage. I'm still trying to figure this one out.

P.S> Did we lose the ability to attach thumbnails?

FionnSneachta
05-25-2017, 04:57 PM
My results have arrived one week early. I'll post my results in the results section.

sktibo
05-25-2017, 08:14 PM
Sure, no problem.

Africa 75.6%
Yorubaland 61.3%
East Africa 10.7%
Mandinka 3.6%

Europe 21.6%
Cornwall 3.8%
Lincolnshire 3.6%
South Yorkshire 1.7%

Scandinavia 8.4%

Asia (East) 1.3%
South China 1.3%

World (unassigned) 1.5%

Some thoughts:

1.) I'm a bit annoyed with Africa's genetic diversity (the most on the planet) not being better represented here; In comparison, Asia (South), alone, has more population references and that's a bit ridiculous. And within the British context that LivingDNA operates, Ghana and Nigeria are former British colonies and so there should at least be more specificity given within those populations, IMO.

2.) I expected to see some East Anglia (at least about 5%) and a bit more South Yorkshire but perhaps that's being represented by the Scandinavian estimate.

3.) Very surprised by the 3.8% Cornwall--it matches up with an unaccounted for ancestor that I had hopefully but wrongfully surmised was Irish or Scottish; My father and I are both freckled with auburn hair and foolishly attributed that to the fiery headed "Celts" most approximate to us.

4.) Unanticipated Asian DNA is a recurring theme for me on multiple DNA tests and on Gedmatch, I seem to match a few people who are Indonesian, Taiwanese and African-Americans with reported Malagasy heritage. I'm still trying to figure this one out.

Cornwall is over represented on the test and people who have no Cornish ancestry commonly are assigned this region. I wouldn't dismiss your ancestor being Irish or Scottish due to these test results, perhaps that is how you got the Cornish percentage. Right now we don't know much about how this test works and the results people get are often very far from what is expected

djodjo004
05-29-2017, 08:03 PM
received my result today
ordered: 02/13/17
samples: received 03/01/17
samples: received by the compagny 03/21/17
tested started :03/27/17
Testing completed:05/29/17

Loderingo
05-30-2017, 10:54 AM
Is anyone else with a kit in the 31st May batch still waiting? I had one kit back but am still waiting for the other one

jonathanmcg1990
05-30-2017, 12:21 PM
Is anyone else with a kit in the 31st May batch still waiting? I had one kit back but am still waiting for the other one

Yes I am still waiting for my own if I don't get nothing back from them this time tomorrow I am going to write them a message Loderingo

ollie444
05-30-2017, 12:52 PM
Yes I am still waiting for my own if I don't get nothing back from them this time tomorrow I am going to write them a message Loderingo

Looking forward to your results.

Loderingo
05-30-2017, 03:06 PM
I will too.

can't_lurk_no_mo'
05-30-2017, 04:43 PM
Sure, no problem.

Africa 75.6%
Yorubaland 61.3%
East Africa 10.7%
Mandinka 3.6%

Europe 21.6%
Cornwall 3.8%
Lincolnshire 3.6%
South Yorkshire 1.7%

Scandinavia 8.4%

Asia (East) 1.3%
South China 1.3%

World (unassigned) 1.5%

Some thoughts:

What do you make of the Mandinka versus Yoruba? I'm guessing Mandinka represents Senegal and Gambia, while Yoruba accounts for that area down to Angola.

Loderingo
05-30-2017, 08:43 PM
My 2nd kit has just come in! Will post the results tomorrow.

jonathanmcg1990
05-30-2017, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=Loderingo;240482]My 2nd kit has just come in! Will post the results tomorrow.

Same as me between now and then I work how to work the site I haven't a clue lol

sktibo
05-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Same as me between now and then I work how to work the site I haven't a clue lol

fantastic, your results are in at last?
The site is a bit difficult to figure out at first, after you click "view test" click "family ancestry" on the left, then click "map" and it will say Global with a + and - beside it, click the +. it should then say Regional, click the + again, which should take you to sub regions, and those should be your results.

jonathanmcg1990
05-31-2017, 08:56 PM
Kit Ordered: 20/02/2017
Kit Received: 23/02/2017
Kit received back to livingDNA: 24/02/2017
Testing starting: 15/03/2017
Received Results: 30/05/2017

GTC
06-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Okay, my results are in one month earlier than the ETA.

kbella
06-07-2017, 09:46 PM
Ditto here - one month early.

Pylsteen
06-12-2017, 09:30 AM
My results came in, one month early! I will discuss them after digesting them.

MitchellSince1893
06-17-2017, 06:27 AM
Took the plunge and just ordered a kit for my father...taking advantage of the father's day special.

AntG
06-18-2017, 07:50 AM
Ordered 7th April. Expected 18th July. Received 17th June/1 month early.

mimi
06-18-2017, 11:41 AM
Ordered 21st April, they received 31st April, started testing 15th May, expected results 7th August..........such a long long time, not sure I would have bothered had I known before.

lilac9
06-21-2017, 05:29 PM
Does anyone know how long it stays in the Data Review stage before you get the results?

MitchellSince1893
06-26-2017, 05:39 PM
Took the plunge and just ordered a kit for my father...taking advantage of the father's day special.Notified today sample has been received.

sktibo
06-29-2017, 04:35 AM
Notified today sample has been received.

I'll be watching yours closely as IIRC we have some close scores on a couple of Gedmatch calculators, and similar ethnic backgrounds.

MitchellSince1893
06-29-2017, 04:41 AM
I'll be watching yours closely as IIRC we have some close scores on a couple of Gedmatch calculators, and similar ethnic backgrounds.

I hoping it may provide a clue as to where my father's mystery man paternal line English great grandfather was from.

On paper my dad is
English 44%
Wales 27%
Scots 11%
Irish 3%
German 10%
France 2%
India 2%
Swed-Dane 1%

MitchellSince1893
07-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Notified today sample has been received.

My due date 26 Sep 2017 is exactly 3 months after the arrival date

mimi
07-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Well done Living DNA, results were due 7th August and arrived today a month early.

Thanks, now time to browse the results.

evon
07-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Well done Living DNA, results were due 7th August and arrived today a month early.

Thanks, now time to browse the results.

That sounds great, so I will expect mine due before the weekend if I am lucky, or early next week since they estimated 10th of August...

Appalachian
07-14-2017, 03:43 AM
Does anyone know how long it stays in the Data Review stage before you get the results?

I'm not sure my results ever went into the Data Review stage. One night it was in Testing phase. The next morning results were ready.

JDay
07-14-2017, 04:13 AM
LivingDNA send me an e-mail with an estimated date of October 5. Hopefully, they will come in at least a few weeks sooner.

JenneR
09-03-2017, 05:28 PM
Ordered: August 11th
Mailed: August 16th
Received by Living DNA: August 21st
Testing started: August 30th
Estimated completion: November 20th

Crossing my fingers that results come a few weeks early.

RedBlazedNugguts
09-06-2017, 05:43 PM
8/20/17- Kit ordered
8/21/17- Kit shipped.
8/23/17- Kit received
8/24/17- Kit shipped back
8/26/17- Kit delivered (But not received)
8/29/17- Kit received (But not in testing mode) Estimated completion date: 24 November 2017

RedBlazedNugguts
09-06-2017, 05:44 PM
It's still not in testing mode, they said it takes 3-4 weeks for it to be in testing mode.

JenneR
09-23-2017, 03:42 PM
Did your kit ever start testing?

JenneR
10-18-2017, 01:49 AM
Received results a little over one month early!

Received: August 21st
Testing: August 30th ~> October 17th
Data Review: October 17th
Completion: October 17th

miremont
10-18-2017, 11:37 AM
Sent my father's DNA kit to their lab yesterday. Hoping to see some results before Christmas, but perhaps I am being too optimistic :)

Robert1
10-18-2017, 11:52 AM
My wife's results due November 20th came yesterday about 33 days early.

ollie444
10-18-2017, 12:54 PM
Sent my father's DNA kit to their lab yesterday. Hoping to see some results before Christmas, but perhaps I am being too optimistic :)

I sent my mother's in the other week. Estimated completion date is 15th January. If they come back a month early, they will be here in time for Christmas. I hope your father's make it too!

Petr
10-18-2017, 01:18 PM
My order:

Order Date: 23 August 2017
Kit Received: 15 September 2017
Testing Started: 19 September 2017
Estimated Completion Date: 13 December 2017

Paul333
10-25-2017, 01:07 PM
Ordered my Living DNA 21st July 2017, activated 25th July 2017, expected results 26th Oct 2017, received 2nd Oct 2017, 24 days early. Only problem for me was everywhere they were advertising free postage, but charged me full postage despite this. Results were different than expected as I have a lot of recent paper trailed ancestors in Yorkshire, on both sides, and confirmed by using a professional researcher, but my results show none other than Northumbria related.

Mixed
10-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Received results a little over one month early!

Received: August 21st
Testing: August 30th ~> October 17th
Data Review: October 17th
Completion: October 17th
Are you pleased with your results?

JenneR
11-09-2017, 10:52 PM
@Mixed I just saw this! Yes I am pleased with them, Iím half Colonial American and only have a ship record for a few of my early ancestors. The other half is Irish and Welsh. My Welsh was represented, I have shop records and census records from my family in Wales. Itís the Irish thatís confusing me because there is no Irish in my results. Maybe they werenít really Irish? Canít wait to see the Irish project results, hopefully it can find some of the missing Irish.

Iím going to buy a kit for my Mom too, she may get 100% Brisitsh and Irish!! I have 90.3% and am sure that everything outside of B&I is my father, just not sure who the Scandinavian belongs to or if I got a tiny bit from both. Her fathers family has been in Wales for a long time, my grandmother is the first non Welsh spouse Iíve seen in my Welsh line. The Welsh seem to have stuck together, even after leaving Wales.

rwtodd
11-20-2017, 04:00 PM
I was very satisfied with the turnaround. Timeline was:

9/14/17 Kit ordered
9/21/17 Kit activated
9/29/17 Sample received and queued for testing
10/8/17 Testing started
11/14/17 Full results available

Little bit
12-02-2017, 11:09 AM
I'm just at the beginning of the process:

Order Date: 25 November 2017
Received/Activated/Mailed back: 1 December 2017

Capitalis
12-03-2017, 11:14 AM
It took exactly five weeks for me instead of the 13 weeks quoted. I'm awaiting some family members so will post again when the results are received.

Little bit
12-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Tracking shows the package was delivered to the destination in Louisville, KY on 12/4/17. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to show as being received by LivingDNA

jshook
12-05-2017, 09:32 PM
Ordered: October 22nd
Shipped: October 23rd
Activated: October 25th
Samples received: October 31st
Testing started: November 12th

Estimated completion: January 31st, 2018 though. We shall see.

Robert1
12-06-2017, 01:37 AM
I mailed two kits about the same time as jshook. One got lost in the mail but finally made it to Louisville a week late. One kit is estimated for January 28, 2018 and the one that got delayed, February 3.

Little bit
12-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Ok mine has gotten some updates:

Received: 5 December 2017
Estimated Completion Date: 7 March 2018

jshook
12-17-2017, 02:18 AM
Update:

Ordered: October 22nd
Shipped: October 23rd
Activated: October 25th
Samples received: October 31st
Results received: December 16th

So that's about six weeks ahead of the promised timeframe. Not bad, honestly.

Robert1
12-17-2017, 04:57 AM
My sister's results came in today. Basically the same timing as jshook

Samples received: October 30th
Results received: December 16th

Askye
12-18-2017, 09:28 AM
My friend's results took just over 4 months.

miremont
12-18-2017, 09:17 PM
I received my father's results a few days ago. About 6 weeks earlier than the estimated completion date.

Little bit
01-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Wow, my results came in quick:

Received: 5 December 2017
Estimated Completion Date: 7 March 2018
Finished: 10 Jan 2018

Nearly 2 months early!

Molfish
02-18-2018, 02:21 AM
I ordered some time in August and received the results in November, around a month early, so about a 3 month wait. Not ideal but it's always better when they under promise and over deliver.

TopLobster
02-22-2018, 08:06 PM
Order Date: 25 August 2017
Kit Recieved / Activated / Mailed To Reception Centre: 29 September 2017
Kit Received at Reception Centre: 6 October 2017
Kit Arrived at Lab: 17 October 2017
Estimated Completion Date: 8 January 2018
Actual Completion Date: 2 November 2017

aviva
02-22-2018, 08:30 PM
Order date: Dec 31, 2017
Estimated Completion Date: April 9, 2018
Actual Completion Date: Feb 19, 2018

Goodman
02-22-2018, 09:48 PM
Theyíll make you wait forever and a day, itís been so long for me that Iíve forgot what Iím waiting for; oh yeah, I think I didnít get the 3 different confidence levels on their regional results, they said they forgot to do mine as I was an upgraded customer. Iíve waited so long that I donít care anymore.

Capitalis
02-23-2018, 04:12 PM
They’ll make you wait forever and a day, it’s been so long for me that I’ve forgot what I’m waiting for; oh yeah, I think I didn’t get the 3 different confidence levels on their regional results, they said they forgot to do mine as I was an upgraded customer. I’ve waited so long that I don’t care anymore.

I haven't heard of an upgrade before; they've only ever sold one product so what did you upgrade from? You don't seem to have your results (as you say you're still waiting) so how do you know that you don't have the different confidence levels? If you do have your results you have to click the little + symbol to move through the regional levels on the map.

Goodman
02-23-2018, 05:45 PM
I haven't heard of an upgrade before; they've only ever sold one product so what did you upgrade from? You don't seem to have your results (as you say you're still waiting) so how do you know that you don't have the different confidence levels? If you do have your results you have to click the little + symbol to move through the regional levels on the map.

I was upgraded from LivingDNAís previous test when they were called DNA Worldwide. I was kept waiting back then for results so I received an opportunity to get their new, regional test, hence the upgrade as a means of compensating me for the delay. I havenít got full functionality of the new site so I donít get the confidence levels but I have been promised I will have them when the next big update is (whenever that will be). Fingers crossed I donít get overlooked again. Iím just fed up waiting.

Hurricane
02-26-2018, 05:11 AM
Ordered: 11/17
Shipped: 11/20
Activated:12/02
Returned: 12/03
Received: 12/15
Testing mode:01/02
Results completed : 01/21
Estimated Completion Date: 03/19

mwauthy
03-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Order Date: 25 August 2017
Kit Recieved / Activated / Mailed To Reception Centre: 29 September 2017
Kit Received at Reception Centre: 6 October 2017
Kit Arrived at Lab: 17 October 2017
Estimated Completion Date: 8 January 2018
Actual Completion Date: 2 November 2017

Wow only 16 days in testing. My test has been in testing status at the lab for over a month now. I hope there are no issues with my sample and that I get results soon. Based on earlier testimonials I know that the estimated completion date is not very accurate.

kingjohn
03-05-2018, 10:38 PM
god how much
time it take for them to do this test
and send results ?
it is defiantly minus here to much wait personally speaking :(

p.s
and all this can go wrong lets say that my swab was not good

mwauthy
03-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Order date: Dec 31, 2017
Estimated Completion Date: April 9, 2018
Actual Completion Date: Feb 19, 2018

You ordered December 31st. msmarjoribanks ordered January 6th. I ordered January 11th.

You received your results February 19th. msmarjoribanks received her results February 28th.

March 9th and still no results :(

Laboratory Testing status since January 30th.

mwauthy
03-11-2018, 11:16 PM
You ordered December 31st. msmarjoribanks ordered January 6th. I ordered January 11th.

You received your results February 19th. msmarjoribanks received her results February 28th.

March 9th and still no results :(

Laboratory Testing status since January 30th.

Received my results today exactly 2 months from the date I ordered :)

kingjohn
03-12-2018, 05:09 PM
Received my results today exactly 2 months from the date I ordered :)

john hust ordered after you and got results before you
i hope mine is ok with the swab
mine say 18 may expected results .....

Fungene
03-12-2018, 09:10 PM
mine say 18 may expected results .....
Half the fun is the anticipation!

Edessa
03-23-2018, 01:57 PM
Hey, my experience. I ordered on 29-Dec, the kit was received within 10 days I guess. I shipped back and it was received on 26-Jan. My results were ready on 16-Mar. 7 weeks on the day.

kingjohn
04-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Order Date: 22 January
kit recived in living dna lab : 14 February
kit started test mode: 23 February
test results received: 17 april

fostert
04-18-2018, 01:43 PM
Here is my experience:

- Kit Ordered: March 27, 2017
- Kit received in Canada, and sent back to Lab: April 12, 2017
- Sample received in Lab: May 5, 2017
- Testing started: May 8, 2017
- Results Ready: June 28, 2017

About 12 1/2 weeks from order to results: or about 8 weeks in lab testing.

digital_noise
05-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Kit received on 27 APR 2018
Began testing 09 May 2018

Scheduled results are not until 27 July 2018. Hopefully it doesnt take them 3 months to do this...