Ethnicity
    Iranian Qashqai+Bakhtiari
    Nationality
    Iranian-American
    Y-DNA
    J2a1a2c — J-L290
    mtDNA
    J1

Iran AchaemenidEmpire1 Iran Safavid Empire United States of America Kurdistan Iran Sassanid Empire

Persian

I am an Iranian with an E2b Y-chromosome can anyone explain Historical reasons this could happen

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saba123 For This Useful Post:

Deftextra (03-18-2017),  Inigo Montoya (04-15-2017),  khanabadoshi (03-22-2017),  kingjohn (03-17-2017),  Power77 (03-18-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    Q-BZ528
    mtDNA
    U2c1b

European Union United Kingdom Pashtunistan
    Could be from Persian traders that operated on the east African coast.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaido For This Useful Post:

Deftextra (03-18-2017),  Power77 (03-18-2017),  Squall Leonhart (03-17-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    Iranian-American
    Y-DNA
    J2a1a2c — J-L290
    mtDNA
    J1

Iran AchaemenidEmpire1 Iran Safavid Empire United States of America Kurdistan Iran Sassanid Empire
    Yeah but the my Y-DNA is East African meaning that an Iranian women would have had to go there to trade which just seems highly unlikely.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saba123 For This Useful Post:

kingjohn (03-17-2017),  Power77 (03-18-2017)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    karius the black hair
    Nationality
    east med

dear saba
    this is a rare haplogroup in iran also
    2.3% in bandari Attachment 14597
    best regards
    adam

p.s
    i see your results in another forum autosomally is you are iranian as one can get

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingjohn For This Useful Post:

Deftextra (03-18-2017),  Power77 (03-18-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Jewish (Ashk.+Seph.)
    Nationality
    Israeli and Canuck
    Y-DNA
    E-M44
    mtDNA
    H1

Canada Israel Israel Jerusalem Spain Lithuania United States of America
    Wasn't E2 found in Natufian samples?
    “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
    ― Socrates

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
    ― Socrates

“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
    ― Socrates

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Power77 For This Useful Post:

jesus (03-18-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Dutch
    Y-DNA
    E-V32

Somalia Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Saba123 View Post
    Yeah but the my Y-DNA is East African meaning that an Iranian women would have had to go there to trade which just seems highly unlikely.
    This is what I also assumed about iranian\west-asian traders in the east-african coast. I am from a clan of mixed origin from the southern somali coast. The people who tested so far are r1a1a, G2a and L-M27, J1 (and E-V32 me) paternally. Maternally, all have african Haplogroups, except for 2 people which carry K1a and H14a, which I found a bit strange. Maybe some took their wifes with them or female family members?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deftextra For This Useful Post:

Awale (08-31-2017),  jesus (03-18-2017),  khanabadoshi (03-22-2017),  kingjohn (03-18-2017),  Power77 (03-18-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA
    U8b1a1

African Union Ainu AchaemenidEmpire1 Kurdistan Star of David Dravida Nadu
    Quote Originally Posted by Saba123 View Post
    Some free African traders settled in Iran. Some African slaves had relatively high positions as well. The vast majority of African admixture in Iran seems to be female dominated(many Iranian traders married south East African woman and migrated back to Iran, some female slaves were probably imported as well).

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jesus For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (03-22-2017),  kingjohn (03-18-2017),  Megalophias (03-18-2017),  persian (08-30-2017),  Power77 (03-18-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

It is not that abnormal. There are millions on Iran with the E haplogroup. Do you know anything about your family background?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Carl45 For This Useful Post:

Power77 (03-18-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English, Irish, German
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA
    L21>L226>FGC5639

England Germany Netherlands France Ireland Switzerland
    Europeans as well as Arabs face the constant implication that haplogroup E is recently from Africa. Today, Africa is the primary source of most of Haplogroup E - but not all E haplogroups. Originally, it was believed that all Europeans were believed to be R1b but it is now known that R1b moved into Europe during the Bronze Age conquest/replacement of most of the original Europeans. This has been proven via testing of ancient remains throughout Europe. Before the Bronze Age time frame - no European ancient remains have been found to be R1b in Europe. But guess what has been found between the ending of the great Ice Age and Bronze Age - you guessed it - Haplogroup E, Q and others. Q has all but disappeared in most of western Europe but it is now believed that some of the haplogroup E found in western Europe is part of these original European haplogroup E which obviously moved there a very long time ago.

So this means haplogroup E was present in Europe before the Bronze Age - not exactly due to any traders since they were hunter gatherer types. Now this does not mean that all haplogroup E in Europe was early Europeans as a certain amount of Haplogroup E has arrived in Europe by many means after man progressed to more than hunter gatherers (both from Africa and Arab areas). Eventually, as we get more recent branches under Haplogroup E, a lot will be African branches, some will be European and some will be Arab variations under haplogroup E. But this will take a lot of time to discover these more recent branches that can be more safely assigned to different regions of the world. But with the older branches of haplogroup E, all it really means that most are in Africa, some are in Arab areas and some are from Europe. So these early branches of haplogroup E only rule out Eastern Asia and Native Americans.
    Last edited by RobertCasey; 03-19-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    Iranian-American
    Y-DNA
    J2a1a2c — J-L290
    mtDNA
    J1

Yeah, I am from the southern parts of Iran not necessarily the Bandari region though. I may have some family from there but it appears to be my grandmothers mother(who was literally white as snow and had blonde hair and blue and probably Georgian or Circassian.)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Saba123 For This Useful Post:

Power77 (06-09-2017)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast