Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Portuguese 23andme DNA results?

  1. #21
    Registered Users
    Posts
    14
    Sex

    Are Portuguese and Spaniard Dna any different?? I mean can you see any differences even though it gets pump with "Iberian"

  2. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    409
    Sex

    Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabah View Post
    Are Portuguese and Spaniard Dna any different?? I mean can you see any differences even though it gets pump with "Iberian"
    Spaniards tend to be more basque-shifted than portuguese.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweuro For This Useful Post:

     A Norfolk L-M20 (06-17-2017),  Kabah (05-28-2017),  Ruderico (06-22-2017)

  4. #23
    Registered Users
    Posts
    14
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by sweuro View Post
    Spaniards tend to be more basque-shifted than portuguese.

    Oh nice to know there's a lot Basque ancestry in Northern Mexico my friend.

  5. #24
    Registered Users
    Posts
    662
    Sex
    Location
    Brazil
    Ethnicity
    Rio de Janeiro Colonial
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA
    J1a1 FGC6064+ M365+
    mtDNA
    H1ao1

    Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ Brazil
    We can also find specific Y-DNA and mtDNA clusters related to the Iberian languages, Galician and Portuguese, Castilian, Basque and Catalan sometimes associated with specific surnames.
    J1 FGC5987 to FGC6175 (188 new SNPs)
    MDKAs before Colonial Brazil
    Y-DNA - Milhazes, Barcelos, Minho, Portugal.
    mtDNA - Ilha Terceira, Azores, Portugal

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to RCO For This Useful Post:

     A Norfolk L-M20 (06-17-2017)

  7. #25
    Junior Member
    Posts
    2
    Sex
    Omitted

    For some time, I've been collecting 23andMe results of people from the Iberian Peninsula and the archipelagos of Spain and Portugal with the aim of discovering possible regional variations.

    In the following link, you can consult the information obtained so far: iberiandna.com

    That said, if you have four grandparents from a region of Spain or Portugal and you want to collaborate by providing your results completely anonymously, you can send me an email to the following address: iberian.atlas[at]gmail.com

    Thank you.

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ISC80 For This Useful Post:

     Don Felipe (06-02-2017),  fished (05-30-2017),  Lugus (06-11-2017),  Ruderico (06-22-2017),  Underworld (05-30-2017),  Vivaldi4Stagioni (06-22-2017)

  9. #26
    Junior Member
    Posts
    3
    Location
    Portugal
    Ethnicity
    portuguese

    Hello!

    South Portugal (Algarve) here:

    http ://i.imgur.com/5ALEOFw.png

    From what i've seen in 23andme it's like always in the 99.y% europe for us (iberians).

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vaucano For This Useful Post:

     Rafe (09-29-2017)

  11. #27
    Registered Users
    Posts
    33
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by fished View Post
    She tested through AncestryDNA, unfortunately I haven't seen her results there.
    Well, there was also importation of African slaves to the Canaries to work on the sugar cane plantations. That changed once the sugar industry moved to the Caribbean and Brazil. But, as in Madeira, there was slavery in the Canaries as well. The only thing sub-Saharan found among the Guanche remains are 7% of sub-Saharan maternal haplogroups, actually low, compared to other populations of North African origins, but that does not mean there were blacks among the Natives. Those were brought in later. By the way, a lot of Portuguese also settled in the Canaries, not only Spaniards.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Luis For This Useful Post:

     fished (06-17-2017)

  13. #28
    Registered Users
    Posts
    242
    Sex
    Nationality
    American

    United States of America Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    Well, there was also importation of African slaves to the Canaries to work on the sugar cane plantations. That changed once the sugar industry moved to the Caribbean and Brazil. But, as in Madeira, there was slavery in the Canaries as well. The only thing sub-Saharan found among the Guanche remains are 7% of sub-Saharan maternal haplogroups, actually low, compared to other populations of North African origins, but that does not mean there were blacks among the Natives. Those were brought in later. By the way, a lot of Portuguese also settled in the Canaries, not only Spaniards.
    I think you meant to quote Sikeliot, but it is certainly true that African slaves were brought to the Canaries, not only to Madeira.

  14. #29
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,685
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H

    United States of America
    Madeira and Canaries are like the Iberian equivalent of some white southerners in the US in terms of having absorbed SSA ancestry.

  15. #30
    Registered Users
    Posts
    33
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by fished View Post
    I think you meant to quote Sikeliot, but it is certainly true that African slaves were brought to the Canaries, not only to Madeira.
    That's right. I probably pushed the wrong button.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My Portuguese gedmatch result
    By powervr in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-21-2018, 04:46 AM
  2. My updated 23andme and DNA Land results + my mothers results
    By SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 in forum 23andMe
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-19-2018, 11:09 AM
  3. H100 of Portuguese origin
    By kafky in forum H
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-08-2016, 10:07 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •