Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why do some African Americans have east African heritage?

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Amharas View Post
    Again there are no Bantus is Ethiopia there are Nilotics though... When i said Gambella i was referring to an Ethnic called Anuak they live in southwestern Ethiopia but genetically they are closer to south sudanses than to mainstream Ethiopians.
    No there is no Sudanese or cushite or ethiopian or Kenyan result on 23andme or ancestrydna. The Amhara are eastern Bantu and middle eastern and so are the tigray and oromos and Jews. You all have similar mixtures and percentages etc. Therefore you're the same ethnic mix. And ethnic background. Therefore they are different tribes but the same ethnicity. This is why pro.o slaves were treated very different from fully east African slaves.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by jaderose22 View Post
    No there is no Sudanese or cushite or ethiopian or Kenyan result on 23andme or ancestrydna. The Amhara are eastern Bantu and middle eastern and so are the tigray and oromos and Jews. You all have similar mixtures and percentages etc. Therefore you're the same ethnic mix. And ethnic background. Therefore they are different tribes but the same ethnicity. This is why pro.o slaves were treated very different from fully east African slaves.
    For all i know "Ethiopians" (Amharas, Tigray, Jews) lack Bantu admixture and haplogroup and the near eastern dna is very old like 30,000 (if i'm not mistaken) year old it spread into northeast africa during neolithic time and the admixture range from 40% to 50% sometimes there are some outliers who get 60%... I'm gonna leave it at that because this discussion is off-topic.
    Last edited by Real_Amharas; 04-02-2017 at 06:06 AM.

For all i know "Ethiopians" (Amharas, Tigray, Jews) lack Bantu admixture and haplogroup and the near eastern dna is very old like 30,000 (if i'm not mistaken) year old it spread into northeast africa during neolithic time and the admixture range from 40% to 50% sometimes there are some outliers who get 60%... I'm gonna leave it at that because this discussion is off-topic.
    Thats fummy as the African that most Ethiopians are mixed with is east African which is genetically eastern Bantu I'd say its more north east bantu. But the DNA is what it is. Everyone in the eastern portions have east African DNA which east African DNA on 23andme DNA.land and ancestrydna are all eastern bantu populations basically that's why you're grouped together on these tests.

Sex

Thats fummy as the African that most Ethiopians are mixed with is east African which is genetically eastern Bantu I'd say its more north east bantu. But the DNA is what it is. Everyone in the eastern portions have east African DNA which east African DNA on 23andme DNA.land and ancestrydna are all eastern bantu populations basically that's why you're grouped together on these tests.
    They are nilote not Bantus at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Real_Amharas For This Useful Post:

JFWinstone (04-02-2017)

They are nilote not Bantus at all.
    That's the same thing ethnically... Genetically you're included as the same east African people.

Sex

That's the same thing ethnically... Genetically you're included as the same east African people.
    Nilotic have their own cluster and they are linguistically different from Bantus... Btw Bantu and Nilotic are not ethnicitys it's a language family or a group of people who are genetically similar.

Nilotic have their own cluster and they are linguistically different from Bantus... Btw Bantu and Nilotic are not ethnicitys it's a language family or a group of people who are genetically similar.
    Yeah a language doesn't define your ethnicity. I speak English and French that doesn't define my ethnicity and you obviously speak English as you are typing to me in English.that doesn't define you're ethnic make up genetics do. Nilotic people are put into the east African category on both ancestrydna and 23andme. That's just how it is. They're genetically the same. Its not a big deal either.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    British

United Kingdom Netherlands Mauritius Madagascar India China Qing Dynasty
    I would be cautious to come to the conclusion that just because 23andme and ancestrydna both lump them into one big East African category that they are genetically the same there has been a lot of criticism of both companies for their lack of samples for African populations. Even within Ethiopia itself there seems to be a big difference between the different ethnic groups. I thought the 44 world clusters admixture for the African populations page 24-25 on this document was very interesting - http://dnatribes.com/dnatribes-snp-a...2014-06-03.pdf. I know it's a few years old but it shows some of the differences.
    Ethnogene: 51.4% NW European, 21.6% W European, 10.1% Southeastern African, 9.5% Southeast Asian, 4.4% South Asian, 2% Scandinavian, 1% East African
    Papertrail @ 2xggrandparents: 37.5% London, 25% Dorset, 25% Mauritius, 6.25% Netherlands, 6.25% Hampshire

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JFWinstone For This Useful Post:

Angoliga (04-02-2017),  Don Felipe (04-04-2017),  Real_Amharas (04-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by JFWinstone View Post
    I would be cautious to come to the conclusion that just because 23andme and ancestrydna both lump them into one big East African category that they are genetically the same there has been a lot of criticism of both companies for their lack of samples for African populations. Even within Ethiopia itself there seems to be a big difference between the different ethnic groups. I thought the 44 world clusters admixture for the African populations page 24-25 on this document was very interesting - http://dnatribes.com/dnatribes-snp-a...2014-06-03.pdf. I know it's a few years old but it shows some of the differences.
    Ancestrydna has 9 African results just as many results as Europe. So I don't feel its unfair. West Africans aren't lumped together because they have distinct differences. East Africans are because theirnafrican is all in common with each others in the ethnic sense but tribally yes they are different.

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Unknown
    Nationality
    American

United States of America
    if i recall correctly east africans were brought over in certain numbers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast