R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

Poland Poland Pomerania European Union

Pre-Columbian & Modern Native Americans in Eurogenes K36

1) Pre-Columbian samples:

2) Modern Native Americans:

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tomenable For This Useful Post:

Babatunde (04-12-2017),  Bas (04-21-2017),  btmacdowell (04-12-2017),  CannabisErectusHibernius (04-14-2017),  dp (04-13-2017),  haresear (04-10-2018),  lgmayka (04-12-2017),  Michał (04-12-2017),  NiloSaharan (04-13-2017),  Power77 (04-12-2017),  sktibo (04-13-2017),  Varun R (04-13-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

I also found modern Mayans scoring few percent of "Malayan" admixture.

The same "Malayan" admixture was present in two Botocudos (Bot15 & 17).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomenable For This Useful Post:

Power77 (04-12-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

Some explanations from Davidski regarding admixtures in Eurogenes K36:

An important point to keep in mind is not to take the ancestry proportions in Eurogenes K36 too literally. If you're, say, English, and you get an Iberian score of 12% this doesn't actually mean you have recent ancestry from Spain or Portugal. What it means is that 12% of your alleles look typical of the reference samples classified as Iberian, and this figure might only indicate recent Iberian admixture if it's clearly higher than those of other English users. But it calculates deep root similarities more than real recent ancestry.
    So I wonder why is Kennewick Man scoring European & African admixtures?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tomenable For This Useful Post:

btmacdowell (04-12-2017),  lgmayka (04-12-2017),  NiloSaharan (04-13-2017),  Observer (04-12-2017),  Power77 (04-12-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

Those Botocudos were Polynesians (who are a mix of Taiwanese, South-East Asian and Oceanian):

"Two ancient genomes reveal Polynesian ancestry among the indigenous Botocudos of Brazil":

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4370112/

"Identification of Polynesian mtDNA in remains of Botocudo Amerindians from Brazil":

http://www.pnas.org/content/110/16/6465.full

Moreover, they were fully Polynesian (not mixed with Amerindians, Europeans, or Africans):

"Botocudo Ancient Remains from Brazil":

https://dna-explained.com/2015/07/02...s-from-brazil/

The second interesting aspect of the genomic sequencing is that the remains did not show any evidence of admixture with European, Native American nor African individuals. More than 97% of their genome fits exactly with the Polynesian motifs. In other words, they appear to be first generation Polynesians. They carry Polynesian mitochondrial, Y and autosomal (nuclear) DNA, exclusively.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...ands-of-miles/

Recent DNA has shown trading based out of Polynesia extended as far as South America and the Caribbean, but there have been questions to the exact timing. European traders are often thought to have led the spread of commerce across the globe, enabled by early Spanish and British explorers—but the actual story may be a bit more complex.
    Also Polynesians from Easter Island have Amerindian admixture:

"Oceanian Genetics - Beginners Guide and FAQ":

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...-Guide-and-FAQ

I am Polynesian however score some Native American. What does this mean?

Polynesians from Easter Island and natives of South America met and mingled long before Europeans voyaged the Pacific. One study by Erik Thorsby suggests Native Americans likely arrived on Easter Island shortly after Polynesians. Other scientists’ state Pacific currents and Polynesian mastery of the waves make it more likely that the Polynesians were the voyagers. They may have sailed to South America, swapped goods for sweet potatoes and other items—and returned to their island with South American women. It is possible those Polynesians on Easter Island traveled back west to trade with east Polynesian countries. As you can see there are many possibilities.

You may have had a Native American ancestor, but unless you score a good chunk of it on an autosomal test, it will be hard to confirm. The study by Thorsby stated that in the 27 living Easter Islanders who were tested, there was around 8% Native American in their genomes.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tomenable For This Useful Post:

btmacdowell (04-12-2017),  lgmayka (04-12-2017),  Michał (04-12-2017),  NiloSaharan (04-13-2017),  Observer (04-12-2017),  Power77 (04-12-2017),  Saetro (04-12-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    american
    mtDNA (M)
    c1c4a1

Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    Some explanations from Davidski regarding admixtures in Eurogenes K36:

So I wonder why is Kennewick Man scoring European & African admixtures?
    i have this 'theory' of sorts that however was tasked for the job to publically upload kennewick man's raw dna data to the internet, accidentally uploaded a raw dna data file of one of the colville tribe members who participated in the study instead.

but of course, i have no proof for this, but if it were true, it would definitely explain the high euro admixture
    Last edited by crossover; 04-13-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central/E. Sudanic
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    A-M13 (A-Y95250*)
    mtDNA (M)
    L3x2b

Canada Uganda Southern Sudan Chad Ethiopia Omo Region Sudan
    ...Polynesians from Easter Island and natives of South America met and mingled long before Europeans voyaged the Pacific. One study by Erik Thorsby suggests Native Americans likely arrived on Easter Island shortly after Polynesians. Other scientists’ state Pacific currents and Polynesian mastery of the waves make it more likely that the Polynesians were the voyagers. They may have sailed to South America, swapped goods for sweet potatoes and other items—and returned to their island with South American women. It is possible those Polynesians on Easter Island traveled back west to trade with east Polynesian countries. As you can see there are many possibilities.

You may have had a Native American ancestor, but unless you score a good chunk of it on an autosomal test, it will be hard to confirm. The study by Thorsby stated that in the 27 living Easter Islanders who were tested, there was around 8% Native American in their genomes.
    For those interested in the topic, I highly recommend this NOVA documentary: Great Human Odyssey (2016)

1:09:44 - Crossing of the Bering Strait
    1:13:50 - Discovery of Clovis Culture Artifacts and the sequencing of the ancient Kennewick genome
    1:25:26 - Polynesian navigational technology and the Heyerdahl trade wind theory for Native Americans populating the Pacific
    1:39:58 - The settling of Easter-Island (honorable mentions of sweet potatoes and ancient Peruvian skull comparisons proving cross migrations)

I watched this documentary about a month ago and gleamed with relish after reading down on the posts -- I've been thinking about higher resolution native-american clusters lately, it seems like one of the last frontiers with "consumer genetic companies" -- imagine how amazing it would be to have an Ojibwe or Chereokee cluster

I was in Colombia late last year and was amazed by the amount of diverse physical phenotypes, particularly more so among the indigenous (non-mestizo/afro/european). As implied by these findings, I wouldn't be surprised if several different migrations of populations with different admixtures/affinities (polynesian, siberian, indo-chinese etc) plays a role in the range of physical appearance for native populations throughout the Americas. If you'll pardon my generalizations, from my 2 week stay in Colombia, I noticed some looked incredibly more South Indian (darker complexion, hairier than other counterparts), especially around Cartagena de Indias, while some further east in La Guajara have more typically East-Asian features (very straight hair, epicanthic fold). IMO environmental adaptation seems less likely to be the main factor, especially considering how relatively recent South America is said to have been inhabited ~11kya.
    Last edited by NiloSaharan; 04-13-2017 at 09:04 AM.
    PuntDNAL K8
    Population: Hidden Content 46.16, Ubangian_Congo 9.56, W_Benue_Congo 24.21, Eastern_HG 2.09, E_Benue_Congo 12.94, Omotic 5.05
    Single Population Sharing: Hidden Content 14.17, Hidden Content 17.26, South_Sudanese 25.21, South_Sudan_Anuak 25.65, Cameroon_Mada 28.57, Ethiopian_Gumuz 33.91, Kenyan_Maasai 36.07, Kenyan_Bantu 38.05, Chad_Kaba 40.04, DRC_Hema 42.08, Kenyan_Luhya 46.64

The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it - Hidden Content

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NiloSaharan For This Useful Post:

Bas (04-21-2017),  dp (04-13-2017),  Power77 (04-13-2017),  Tomenable (04-13-2017)