Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-Columbian & Modern Native Americans in Eurogenes K36

Registered Users
    Sex

I wish I could find out which tribe my mother is a descendant from. The whole family from aunt to uncles don’t have a clear picture as to who their grandparents are. There’s precious little in documentation.

Also I my immediate family, my dad and sisters were not liked at all by my grandparents. They had no pictures of us in their living room but did if all my cousins. So I never got to know them except for a memory of my grandfather going out to hunt a possum for dinner.
    Last edited by AdolfoEsq; 01-23-2020 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Remembered something else

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AdolfoEsq For This Useful Post:

Grossvater (01-23-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b U152+Z36+A7992
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a-C150T

United States of America Mexico Germany United Kingdom Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by AdolfoEsq View Post
    I wish I could find out which tribe my mother is a descendant from. The whole family from aunt to uncles don’t have a clear picture as to who their grandparents are. There’s precious little in documentation.

Also I my immediate family, my dad and sisters were not liked at all by my grandparents. They had no pictures of us in their living room but did if all my cousins. So I never got to know them except for a memory of my grandfather going out to hunt a possum for dinner.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I absolutely adore my wife's Mexican side of the family. They are wonderful folks. If you don't mind me being nosy, what part of Mexico or Texas did your mother's family come from? Maybe I can help you narrow down which Indian tribes were in the area. If you'd rather not tell me so publically, send me a PM.
    Last edited by Grossvater; 01-23-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex

From what I have been told they’ve been in south central Texas/northern Coahuila area. I’m not sure if they always have lived in Texas or immigrated here, awhile back. The dna test I took shows a lot of third to fourth cousins with the same surname as my moms maiden name. I was told they had a very small family but it doesn’t look like it according to my list of distant relatives.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b U152+Z36+A7992
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a-C150T

United States of America Mexico Germany United Kingdom Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by AdolfoEsq View Post
    From what I have been told they’ve been in south central Texas/northern Coahuila area. I’m not sure if they always have lived in Texas or immigrated here, awhile back. The dna test I took shows a lot of third to fourth cousins with the same surname as my moms maiden name. I was told they had a very small family but it doesn’t look like it according to my list of distant relatives.
    I think it entirely possible that you may be Lipan Apache. If not that, then you may come from one of the ancient Coahuiltecan Language speaking peoples that inhabited Northern Mexico/South Texas for millenia before the coming of the proto-Lipan Apaches from up north perhaps somewhere in the neighborhood of eight hundred years ago. If you turn out to be Lipan Apache, the good news is that that is the tribe I was telling you about that bases membership on descent, not blood quantum. The bad news is, last I knew, they weren't accepting any new enrollments due to their pending application to the US government seeking federal recognition.

Since you come from that particular area, you undoubtedly have some descent from the Twelve Founding families of Monterrey. I hate to tell you this but that part of the world is rather inbred genetically. My wife has hundreds of cousins on 23andMe that appear to be fairly close relatives but the connections are actually farther back. Because she and so many of the people from Coahuila, Nuevo Leon & Tamaulipas descend from the same small group of Iberian settlers and Indians, they appear much more closely related than they actually are. I'd almost be willing to bet cash money that you and my wife are related.

Have you posted your raw DNA data on GEDMATCH?

Registered Users
    Sex

I have gone on gedmatch but it gives me 5B917C83-C761-4314-BBC4-D03C1C4223C8.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12