Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taiwan aborigine look more Caucasian than Central Asian Turks , Southeast Asian. Why?

Registered Users
    Sex

Taiwan aborigine look more Caucasian than Central Asian Turks , Southeast Asian. Why?

A lot of people here don't know anything about these people. They are indigenous people of Taiwan until the Chinese conquered it and migrate to their land. Something doesn't make sense to me at all. I had look on various Y-DNA, mtDNA and including atDNA of Taiwanese aborigines and clearly all show 100% Mongoloid/East Eurasian in every study. A lot of them are with mixed Han Chinese but genetically they are still the most purest group in terms of East Eurasian. Their haplogroup is O and their mtDNA is also typical D, B, F females yet physically they look more Caucasian ( or is it pseudo-caucasian, non-Mongoloid appearance ? ) than any Mongoloid DNA mixed ethnic groups that I've seen. Their morphology appear strongly Caucasian influence.

Depending on which study genetics shows Southeast Asians to be only 77-80% East Eurasians and Central Asian Turks like Kazakhs, Kyrgyz to be 60-80% East Eurasian.. Even Mongolians are East Eurasian less than these guys. Eastern Mongols; Khalkas, Inner Mongolians are over 93-100% East Eurasian where as western Mongols; Oirats, Tuvanians, Khoton are only 82-85% East Eurasian but groups like Atayal have 100% East Eurasian like all Taiwan aborigine groups. Many of the tribes look typical East Asian/Southeast Asian ( due to marrying Chinese men and being mongoloid looking to begin with ) but many other tribes look like half Caucasian to almost pure Caucasian.

Physical appearance

" The Atayal are physically visible from the Han Chinese of Taiwan.[10] Intermarriage with Chinese also produced a significant number of Atayal-Chinese mixed offspring and celebrities such as Vivian Hsu, Vic Zhou, Yuming Lai, Kao Chin Su-mei. "

( Note: I'm posting a lot of pictures here because I want you to understand what I'm talking about )

Pure Atayal female on the left, Chinese-Atayal female mix on the right

Other Taiwan aborigine groups like the seediq tribes also look extremely non-Mongoloid

Last edited by Thepowerrangers; 04-17-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex

( To show I'm not cherry picking. It clearly shows they are 100% pure East Eurasian )

Genetic grapth shows It''s 100% East Asian in Taiwan aborigines groups ( Amis and Atayal ) while groups like Kyrgyz are only 68-70% East Asian on average in this study

These people are from the Amis, Seediq, Rukai, Atayal tribes, many are properly mixed of different degrees of Chinese as it was extremely common for Chinese male labourers to intermarry with them.

Phenotype-wise I'm not sure if these are really Caucasian features but it's definitely not Mongoloid and they definately look way more less Mongoloid/East Asian looking than Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Southeast Asians.

From Amis tribe

From Rukai tribe

From seediq tribe

Last edited by Thepowerrangers; 04-16-2017 at 07:16 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Thepowerrangers For This Useful Post:

Jan_Noack (05-23-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

I'm surprised no one in anthrogenica can answer this. Is mind blogging isn't it ?

I mean groups like Kyrgyz, they have like 60% R1a and 43% Caucasian mtDNA and yet they still look like this. The vast majority of Kyrgyz look almost indistinguishable from Koreans.

A Taiwan aborigine seediq can convince me anytime though they they are mixed with Indian/Pakistani, Yemeni, or even Arabs. But a Kyrgyz can only convince me that they are pure East Asian.

Last edited by Thepowerrangers; 04-16-2017 at 06:54 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thepowerrangers For This Useful Post:

witness (06-20-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

This boy in this video is a mix of Bunun and Seediq, he goes around youtube telling everyone people mistake him for being being white. He said the Chinese, Asians mistake him for Mexicans and the whites mistakes him for being mix race Eurasian.

He once told me that white people had many times told him that he can pass for white lol while other times he said he just looks like a Malaysian with a big caucasian hooked nose.

Last edited by Thepowerrangers; 04-16-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard & Purepecha
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-M267
    mtDNA (M)
    B2

United States of America Mexico Spain Basque Catalonia Andalucia
    Those are Proto-Mongoloids they are going to have pseudo-Caucasoid features.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Those are Proto-Mongoloids they are going to have pseudo-Caucasoid features.
    So you mean proto-mongoloids are actually more caucasoid looking than the Mongoloids who have caucasian admixture ?

Registered Users
    Sex

These two look really Native American Indians. I read that Amerindians were also proto-Mongoloid.

Banned
    Sex
    The airport staff told me this was North America.
    Ethnicity
    Western European
    Nationality
    Undecided
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b (R-M222)
    mtDNA (M)
    V2a

Scotland England Wales Ireland Sweden Norway Kven
    Just so you know your reference Rainbow Warriors has more than just Taiwanese actors/actresses in it. It also has people who are actually of full or partial Atayal Taiwanese ancestry & or of known Truku ancestry. In fact, I am not even sure if they have Seediq in that flick and just don't tattoo/paint themselves like Seediq. Given as if you read the summary on Rainbow Warriors most of the parts are actually Atayal Taiwanese characters following a Seediq leader.

As for the boy, as some of the comments say, he looks rather Filipino. I mean people once said Freddie Mercury could pass as white, British, despite (unless mistaken) he was Parsi and, in a way, he'd definitely pull such a belief off better than the boy would. Besides, there are some Eastern Asians who can get that same sort of appearance anyways. Google images doesn't represent the whole.

By the way, here's the real Mouna (guy in the middle) I believe. He is the star of the movie. He is played by an actor who is I believe of Atayal ancestry not Seediq once again.

To compare against the half Bunun, apparently a Bunun.
    Last edited by Calas; 04-17-2017 at 02:10 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex

Taiwanese actress of aboriginal descent. In my personal opinion they look better than the regular Mongoloid females. The brown hair in this picture I think are dyed but there are some Taiwanese aborigines born with some strands of brownish hair but I don't think it's anything that weird because I've also seen Southeast Asians kids born with unhealthy looking brown, blonde, red hair which I think it's the result of malnutrition or living in some environments and Taiwanese aborigine tend to live in some isolated forest or mountains with different level of altitudes.

Taiwan aborigine singers

Taiwanese aborigines with light eyes

Last edited by Thepowerrangers; 04-17-2017 at 03:28 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Calas View Post
    Just so you know your reference Rainbow Warriors has more than just Taiwanese actors/actresses in it. It also has people who are actually of full or partial Atayal Taiwanese ancestry & or of known Truku ancestry. In fact, I am not even sure if they have Seediq in that flick and just don't tattoo/paint themselves like Seediq. Given as if you read the summary on Rainbow Warriors most of the parts are actually Atayal Taiwanese characters following a Seediq leader.

As for the boy, as some of the comments say, he looks rather Filipino. I mean people once said Freddie Mercury could pass as white, British, despite (unless mistaken) he was Parsi and, in a way, he'd definitely pull such a belief off better than the boy would. Besides, there are some Eastern Asians who can get that same sort of appearance anyways. Google images doesn't represent the whole.

By the way, here's the real Mouna (guy in the middle) I believe. He is the star of the movie. He is played by an actor who is I believe of Atayal ancestry not Seediq once again.

To compare against the half Bunun, apparently a Bunun.
    Can you tell me if you consider them to be Mongoloid race or separate race ? It's rare for east Asian to have this appearance and even they do have it's generally not near level of Taiwanese aborigines. Of course East Asians are going to have since we are talking about a flipping billion east Asians. But the Taiwan aborigines only 500,000 and yet so so so many of them have these appearances not to mention many had already mixed with Chinese depending on the tribes.

Oh I didn't know that, I just assume all the actors/actress were from the seediq tribe since this movie is based on them. A lot of seediq tribes look East Asian and Southeast Asian but quite a lot look Caucasoid influence.

If you're talking about this kid than yes he looks Filipino

but this one ( the young version of Mouna ) can easily pass as Native American or maybe even a Nepalese a mix of Mongoloid and South Asians ( Indian/Pakistani type ). There's no way I could consider him Southeast Asian unless he is one of those Southeast Asian who looked either influenced by Indian, Australoid or maybe even Caucasian.

The Bunun kids you posted look more east Asian, I don't think if it's intermarriage with Chinese or with other tribes. The Bunun generally look very Southeast Asian but you will also find many of them with caucasian like features aswell.

Like this one

And this one

(women on the right is not Bunun I think, it's her dress)

Absolutely not. The faces are way too rare for east Asians while it occurs in large percentage of Taiwan aborigines despite having only a population of half of a million.

Taiwanese aboriginal baseball player

Kid

Actress/models

Mix of Taiwanese aborigines, Han Chinese (not sure )

Vivian Hsu

Father Han Chinese, mother Taiwanese aborigine

Kao Chin Su-mei

Father Manchu-Chinese, mother Taiwanese aborigine

Last edited by Thepowerrangers; 04-17-2017 at 04:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast