Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central 75% + 25% Mazovia
    Nationality
    Pole
    Y-DNA
    R1a > M198 > YP 1337

Poland
    Western Asia K36 PCA after updates from last few months. Quite interesting I think.

K36 Ancestry Report, map and other ancestry tools - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    info: Hidden Content

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lukaszM For This Useful Post:

Dewsloth (Yesterday), JonikW (08-17-2018), ph2ter (08-17-2018), PoxVoldius (08-17-2018), rothaer (Yesterday), Samuel Andrews (Yesterday)

Sex
    Omitted

LukaszM: When there is a proximity in your report to populations such as "Grenzmark" or "Brandenburg" or "Volga Germans" - did you gather data on those populations from people living in those regions before 1945 or are they currently living people there? It applies to "Sudetenland" f.e. as well and other regions with complete change of populations due to historic reasons. Thanks for your (or other expert on this topic) reply.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central 75% + 25% Mazovia
    Nationality
    Pole
    Y-DNA
    R1a > M198 > YP 1337

Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmkp View Post
    LukaszM: When there is a proximity in your report to populations such as "Grenzmark" or "Brandenburg" or "Volga Germans" - did you gather data on those populations from people living in those regions before 1945 or are they currently living people there? It applies to "Sudetenland" f.e. as well and other regions with complete change of populations due to historic reasons. Thanks for your (or other expert on this topic) reply.
    German regions don't have academic, public data.

I gathered samples from Gedmatch, looking for people with GEDcom tree which shows at least four grandparent from given region. Also I have direct genealogical info from Germans for whom I made reports (in fact most reports I did for them, not for Anthrogenica or other forum users).
    Last edited by lukaszM; Yesterday at 05:23 AM.
    K36 Ancestry Report, map and other ancestry tools - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    info: Hidden Content

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lukaszM For This Useful Post:

JonikW (Yesterday), PoxVoldius (Yesterday), Theconqueror (Yesterday)

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by lukaszM View Post
    Could be, but I insist on Roman settlement also as important part. Now we have suggestion from Reich than even in SE-England it is substantial part of local ancestry. Why not more intense in SW-Germany?
    There were important roman settlements in Southern-Bavaria also, like Castra Regina (Regensburg), Cambodunum (Kempten), Iuvavum (Salzburg Austrian/Bavarian border), Batavis (Passau). Still around the year 800 there were Vulgarlatin speaking people around Castra Regina and Iuvavum. I'd say this population did not completely disappear, just the upper-class people migrated to Italy around the year 400.

I as a Bavarian-all over Southwest-german mix normally come out as a kind of North-Italian-North-European mix, like Swedish-North-Italian or Frisian-North-Italian.
    Last edited by Shuffle; Yesterday at 08:31 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shuffle For This Useful Post:

Dewsloth (Yesterday), lukaszM (Yesterday), Nibelung (Yesterday), upstate new yorker (Yesterday)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    German
    Y-DNA
    R1b (> R-CTS4528)
    mtDNA
    U5b2b

Germany Imperial
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I saw an older posting of Anglesqueville (with thanks!!!), that makes it clear:

To tell it roughly, the gaussian method "tries" to smooth the results. When the LS method can give you something like saami-east+sardinian ( I told one day on another forum that with this method all the european were something like eskimo+pygmy), the gaussian will often give something more reasonnable, like north-german+tuscan.
    And what´s the main difference in single population mode? The results differ there too.

Page 497 of 497 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497