Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    C-M217 -> C-CTS3385
    mtDNA
    I1a1d

United Kingdom United States of America Germany Northern Ireland

New Geno 2.0 Genius Matches

I just saw these this morning. I don't know if it is just Helix or all Geno 2.0 kits.

"Your Genius Matches
    (Present - 120,000 Years Ago)

Matches
    120,000 - 65,000
    Years Ago

Matches
    65,000 - 45,000
    Years Ago
    Matches
    45,000 - 25,000
    Years Ago
    Matches
    25,000 - 12,000
    Years Ago
    Matches
    12,000 - 0
    Years Ago

You
    Now
    We calculate your Genius matches through the analysis of two bits of DNA known as mitochondrial and Y-chromosome DNA. Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) exists in everyone alive and it’s inherited strictly maternally. Whereas the Y chromosome only exists in males, and each man inherited his Y DNA from his father, who got it from his father, who got it from his father, and so forth. Your matches show when in ancient history your maternal and/or paternal line diverged from that of a famous Genius. Discover more by exploring this section of your results."

There is more on the next page. Cool!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jpb For This Useful Post:

Amerijoe (05-04-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Latvian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-L20
    mtDNA
    k1a4a1

Geno 2.0 NG and Geno 2.0 NG Helix kits got it.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scot
    Nationality
    American Naturalized
    Y-DNA
    YP6291 R1a1a1b2a2a*
    mtDNA
    J1c

United States of America Scotland
    New layout and new categories. My 'Joseph of Arabia' is still intact. Maternal designation is still wrong. As a connoisseur of DNA testing, in my opinion your funds will better spent elsewhere.

IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1534.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amerijoe For This Useful Post:

kingjohn (05-18-2017),  Mixed (12-20-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    I1 - M253
    mtDNA
    U5a1a

Italy Albania France-Ile-de-France United Kingdom Northern Ireland Germany Bundeswappen
    I am curious to see the Genius Matches of somebody with Y-DNA Haplogroup O who took the Genographic Project test. Mainly to see some of the time frame differences.

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British Isles, German
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    C-M217 -> C-CTS3385
    mtDNA
    I1a1d

United Kingdom United States of America Germany Northern Ireland
    Not O, but I have an East Asian branch of C and my closest is Genghis Khan (12-25 tya).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jpb For This Useful Post:

Kylo_Ren (05-13-2017)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scot
    Nationality
    American Naturalized
    Y-DNA
    YP6291 R1a1a1b2a2a*
    mtDNA
    J1c

United States of America Scotland
    Sitting here at Dr. Slice & Dice, dermatologist, it's great having skin that is camouflage for snow. Back to point, I've tested with geno 2 about a year and half ago and have listed my Genius Matches. I'm chuckling as I read because this is a great marketing tool. The average testee will leave with their chest held high with these remarkable matches. See if you don't agree! Abraham Lincoln is both my maternal and paternal genius match. I didn't know I'm related to such greatness.

We determine your Genius Matches through the analysis of either mitochondrial or Y-chromosome DNA, two parts of the DNA which are inherited directly, without mixing, from one ancestor in any given generation. Furthermore, if you go back 150,000 years, all seven billion humans share one single, common maternal ancestor: A Mitochondrial Eve. Her male counterpart was Y- chromosome Adam. Actually, any two individual people that ever lived may share a match (an Eve or an Adam) at a more recent point in time. First maternal cousins, for example, share a match at the grandmother level. Although it’s true that every two living people share a common ancestor, in reality we share multiple ancestors. Some of these common ancestors lived centuries ago, while others lived and migrated across the earth millennia ago. Here we estimate when in time you shared a direct female or direct male ancestor with a famous historical genius. Learn about your own Genius Matches below.

0 Matches
    12,000 - 0
    Years Ago
    No results for this time frame.

1 Match
    25,000 - 12,000
    Years Ago
    Abraham Lincoln
    1809-1865
    Political Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Most historians consider Lincoln the greatest of all U.S. Presidents. He was a gifted politician, astute at bringing people together in mutual understanding and consensus. This 16th American President kept the young country from splintering during some of the darkest days in American history, the U.S. Civil War.

4 Matches
    45,000 - 25,000
    Years Ago
    Petrarch
    1304-1374
    Poetic Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Francesco Petrarca was an Italian scholar, poet, and humanist whose writings arguably ushered in the Renaissance movement across Italy and later throughout Europe in the 14th century. Because of his drive to revisit the scholarly classics of the past, and his ever inquisitive thirst for knowledge, he was regarded as the greatest scholar of his age.

Charles Darwin
    1809-1882
    Scientific Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Darwin was a 19th century English naturalist attributed as the first person to propose the idea of evolution by means of Natural Selection. He proposed that all living things evolved from ancestral beings that once lived in the distant past; and that ultimately all species share a common ancestor, or match, in evolutionary history.

Nicolas Copernicus
    1473-1543
    Mathematical Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Copernicus was one of the greatest mathematicians and astronomers of all time. He established that the Sun, rather than the Earth, was the center of the Solar System, a concept that set the foundation for our modern day understanding of our place in the universe. Copernicus could also speak multiple languages and dabbled in economics and politics as well.

King Tut
    1341 BC to 1323 BC
    Pharaoh Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Not much is known about this young Egyptian leader from the 14th century B.C. other than he was possibly as young as nine when he took power, and that he died by the age of eighteen. Tutankhamun ruled Egypt during the height of the empire, yet he is believed to have rejected some of the radical religious beliefs of his predecessors. Tut is thought to have been the son of siblings, physically weak, and stricken with malaria, all of which may have contributed to his early death.

11 Matches
    65,000 - 45,000
    Years Ago
    Abraham Lincoln
    1809-1865
    Political Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Most historians consider Lincoln the greatest of all U.S. Presidents. He was a gifted politician, astute at bringing people together in mutual understanding and consensus. This 16th American President kept the young country from splintering during some of the darkest days in American history, the U.S. Civil War.

Genghis Khan
    1162-1227
    Military Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Founder and ruler of the Mongol Empire, which became the largest empire in history after his death in the early 13th century. He was known as ruthless, and grew his empire by absorbing tribes and customs from neighboring regions. Genghis Khan is one of the greatest military geniuses of all time.

Leo Tolstoy
    1828-1910
    Literary Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Often cited as one of the greatest authors of all time. This Russian writer has been the inspiration to countless authors since then, most of which eventually did finish reading War and Peace. Many consider him more than just a writer, but also a moral and religious leader. Many of his ideas still influence society today.

Queen Victoria
    1819-1901
    Royal Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Victoria was the longest serving monarch of the British Empire, and oversaw some of the greatest advances scientifically, industrially, and across various aspects of society during an age of great advancement and development: The Victorian Era. Her tenure not only changed Great Britain, but had linguistic and societal impacts across the globe that are still lasting today.

Nicolas Copernicus
    1473-1543
    Mathematical Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Copernicus was one of the greatest mathematicians and astronomers of all time. He established that the Sun, rather than the Earth, was the center of the Solar System, a concept that set the foundation for our modern day understanding of our place in the universe. Copernicus could also speak multiple languages and dabbled in economics and politics as well.

Benjamin Franklin
    1706-1790
    Multi-faceted Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Not only is Franklin celebrated as one of the founding fathers of the United States of America, he was also a writer, publisher, physicist, naturalist, economist and his name is synonymous with gaudy wealth (a Benjamin is a $100 bill). He is also credited with the breakthrough concept of harnessing the power of electricity, a concept that changed the world as we know it.

Marie Antoinette
    1755-1783
    Historical Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Marie Antoinette is one of the most famous leaders, turned villains of recent history. To this day she is remembered for her staunch conservatism and displays of wealth. She is attributed with the infamous phrase, “let them eat cake,” supposedly uttered in response to the poverty in France. She’s ultimately remembered for her death by guillotine in the center of Paris.

Thomas Jefferson
    1743-1826
    Political Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Jefferson was the third president of the United States, and one of the founding fathers of the country. He was an architect, horticulturalist and an academic scholar, and often a strong advocate for religious freedom and tolerance, while also a slave-owner. Under his leadership the U.S. nearly doubled in size, as he orchestrated the Louisiana Purchase of 1803.

Napoleon
    1769-1821
    Military Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Napoleon was a political and military leader that rose to power during the French Revolution in the late 18th century. He took France to the position of European power and prominence, before being captured and held in Elba til his death. His military tactics are still studied today, and his liberal political leanings ever influenced Europe and the world for centuries to come.

Maria Theresa
    1717-1780
    Royal Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Maria Theresa was a queen among queens. Her titles continuously changed as the geography of continental Europe evolved and populations merged, then split apart during the heart of the 18th century. Maria was at one time Holy Roman Empress, Queen of Bohemia, and Archduchess of Austria. She was mother to sixteen children, the most famous of which was her youngest daughter, Maria Antonia, also known as Marie Antoinette.

Nikola Tesla
    1856-1943
    Engineering Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Although his work was historically overshadowed by that of colleague turned nemesis, Thomas Edison, Tesla is attributed with developing the alternating current (AC) and the induction motor. His life’s work, however, remained obscure until the late 1990’s when historians began to uncover the genius of his transformative work in the fields of electronics and magnetism.

1 Match
    120,000 - 65,000
    Years Ago
    Napoleon
    1769-1821
    Military Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Napoleon was a political and military leader that rose to power during the French Revolution in the late 18th century. He took France to the position of European power and prominence, before being captured and held in Elba til his death. His military tactics are still studied today, and his liberal political leanings ever influenced Europe and the world for centuries to come.

The Science Behind
    Your Matches

The diagram above is illustrative and depicts both paternal and maternal branching to help you understand how the science behind matching works. In this example, the matches show when in ancient history your maternal and/or paternal line diverged or “branched” from that of a famous Genius (For example, Lincoln, 60,000 years ago). Male participants can get get both paternal and maternal matches, whereas female participants can only get maternal matches.

Have a question?

-How did NG define Genius?
    National Geographic is very liberal in its definition of genius. Since we are looking predominantly at historical figures, our definition of genius is that of “remarkable” or “historic” figure. But, you know, we are all truly geniuses in our own ways.

-Can my DNA tell me if I’m a genius?
    Although there are genes associated with the ability to learn and intelligence, we are not currently analyzing those genes or DNA markers with Genographic.

-Why do I see men in my maternal matches?
    Since we all have mothers, we all carry mitochondrial DNA, which is inherited strictly through the mother’s line. So, just like you and your brother have the same mother, you and your first male cousin have the same maternal-grandmother, and you and your male second cousin have the same maternal great-grandmother, you all share a direct maternal ancestor in the past, even if one or both of you are male. The same logic applies for your genius matches.

-Why do I see zero matches for some timeframes?
    We compare your maternal and paternal DNA to a limited number of “geniuses,” so it’s quite likely that you don’t have a match that falls into one of our specifically designated time blocks. That is all.

-Why don’t I have any recent matches (12,000 – 0 years)?
    In some cases your lineages may not have a match in the last 12,000 years. That doesn’t mean that you don’t share an ancestor with any of those people in that shorter time frame. It just means that you don’t share a direct maternal or direct paternal match within the last 12,000 years.

-My closest match is 45,000 years ago, what does that mean?
    Although you likely shared common ancestors with many geniuses in more recent times, we only track your direct maternal (mother’s mother’s mother…) and direct paternal (father’s father’s father…) line for both you and the genius. In your case, your most recent genius match on one of those two lines was 45,000 years ago.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Amerijoe For This Useful Post:

Mixed (12-20-2017)

Sex

New Geno 2.0 Genius Matches

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a>L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA
    H11a2*-146+

Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Is this all provided with the helix kit or are these additional payments? Also, whats the difference between geno 2.0 and helix(being owned by one and the same)? Are all these features available for both, and which should I purchase?
    Known Ancestry: Albanian
    23andme results: 94% Balkan, 0.9% Italian, 0.8% Middle Eastern, 2.2% broadly southern European, 0.3 British & Irish, 0.3% Japanese, 0.5% unassigned
    MyOrigins2.0: 100% Southeast European
    MyAncientOrigins: 62% Farmer, 24% Hunter Gatherer, 14% Metal Age Invader
    MyHeritage: 76% Greek, 16% Balkan, 8% Italian
    WeGene: 99.5% Balkan, 0.5% unassigned
    GenePlaza: 92.7% East Mediterranean, 5.2% Southwestern European, 1.5% Ambiguous
    DNA.LAND: 95% Balkan, 5% Sardinian

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Amerijoe View Post
    Sitting here at Dr. Slice & Dice, dermatologist, it's great having skin that is camouflage for snow. Back to point, I've tested with geno 2 about a year and half ago and have listed my Genius Matches. I'm chuckling as I read because this is a great marketing tool. The average testee will leave with their chest held high with these remarkable matches. See if you don't agree! Abraham Lincoln is both my maternal and paternal genius match. I didn't know I'm related to such greatness.

We determine your Genius Matches through the analysis of either mitochondrial or Y-chromosome DNA, two parts of the DNA which are inherited directly, without mixing, from one ancestor in any given generation. Furthermore, if you go back 150,000 years, all seven billion humans share one single, common maternal ancestor: A Mitochondrial Eve. Her male counterpart was Y- chromosome Adam. Actually, any two individual people that ever lived may share a match (an Eve or an Adam) at a more recent point in time. First maternal cousins, for example, share a match at the grandmother level. Although it’s true that every two living people share a common ancestor, in reality we share multiple ancestors. Some of these common ancestors lived centuries ago, while others lived and migrated across the earth millennia ago. Here we estimate when in time you shared a direct female or direct male ancestor with a famous historical genius. Learn about your own Genius Matches below.

0 Matches
    12,000 - 0
    Years Ago
    No results for this time frame.

1 Match
    25,000 - 12,000
    Years Ago
    Abraham Lincoln
    1809-1865
    Political Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

4 Matches
    45,000 - 25,000
    Years Ago
    Petrarch
    1304-1374
    Poetic Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Francesco Petrarca was an Italian scholar, poet, and humanist whose writings arguably ushered in the Renaissance movement across Italy and later throughout Europe in the 14th century. Because of his drive to revisit the scholarly classics of the past, and his ever inquisitive thirst for knowledge, he was regarded as the greatest scholar of his age.

Charles Darwin
    1809-1882
    Scientific Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Darwin was a 19th century English naturalist attributed as the first person to propose the idea of evolution by means of Natural Selection. He proposed that all living things evolved from ancestral beings that once lived in the distant past; and that ultimately all species share a common ancestor, or match, in evolutionary history.

Nicolas Copernicus
    1473-1543
    Mathematical Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

King Tut
    1341 BC to 1323 BC
    Pharaoh Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Not much is known about this young Egyptian leader from the 14th century B.C. other than he was possibly as young as nine when he took power, and that he died by the age of eighteen. Tutankhamun ruled Egypt during the height of the empire, yet he is believed to have rejected some of the radical religious beliefs of his predecessors. Tut is thought to have been the son of siblings, physically weak, and stricken with malaria, all of which may have contributed to his early death.

11 Matches
    65,000 - 45,000
    Years Ago
    Abraham Lincoln
    1809-1865
    Political Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Genghis Khan
    1162-1227
    Military Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Founder and ruler of the Mongol Empire, which became the largest empire in history after his death in the early 13th century. He was known as ruthless, and grew his empire by absorbing tribes and customs from neighboring regions. Genghis Khan is one of the greatest military geniuses of all time.

Leo Tolstoy
    1828-1910
    Literary Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Often cited as one of the greatest authors of all time. This Russian writer has been the inspiration to countless authors since then, most of which eventually did finish reading War and Peace. Many consider him more than just a writer, but also a moral and religious leader. Many of his ideas still influence society today.

Queen Victoria
    1819-1901
    Royal Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Victoria was the longest serving monarch of the British Empire, and oversaw some of the greatest advances scientifically, industrially, and across various aspects of society during an age of great advancement and development: The Victorian Era. Her tenure not only changed Great Britain, but had linguistic and societal impacts across the globe that are still lasting today.

Nicolas Copernicus
    1473-1543
    Mathematical Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Benjamin Franklin
    1706-1790
    Multi-faceted Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Not only is Franklin celebrated as one of the founding fathers of the United States of America, he was also a writer, publisher, physicist, naturalist, economist and his name is synonymous with gaudy wealth (a Benjamin is a $100 bill). He is also credited with the breakthrough concept of harnessing the power of electricity, a concept that changed the world as we know it.

Marie Antoinette
    1755-1783
    Historical Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Marie Antoinette is one of the most famous leaders, turned villains of recent history. To this day she is remembered for her staunch conservatism and displays of wealth. She is attributed with the infamous phrase, “let them eat cake,” supposedly uttered in response to the poverty in France. She’s ultimately remembered for her death by guillotine in the center of Paris.

Thomas Jefferson
    1743-1826
    Political Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Jefferson was the third president of the United States, and one of the founding fathers of the country. He was an architect, horticulturalist and an academic scholar, and often a strong advocate for religious freedom and tolerance, while also a slave-owner. Under his leadership the U.S. nearly doubled in size, as he orchestrated the Louisiana Purchase of 1803.

Napoleon
    1769-1821
    Military Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Maria Theresa
    1717-1780
    Royal Genius
    MATERNAL MATCH

Maria Theresa was a queen among queens. Her titles continuously changed as the geography of continental Europe evolved and populations merged, then split apart during the heart of the 18th century. Maria was at one time Holy Roman Empress, Queen of Bohemia, and Archduchess of Austria. She was mother to sixteen children, the most famous of which was her youngest daughter, Maria Antonia, also known as Marie Antoinette.

Nikola Tesla
    1856-1943
    Engineering Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

Although his work was historically overshadowed by that of colleague turned nemesis, Thomas Edison, Tesla is attributed with developing the alternating current (AC) and the induction motor. His life’s work, however, remained obscure until the late 1990’s when historians began to uncover the genius of his transformative work in the fields of electronics and magnetism.

1 Match
    120,000 - 65,000
    Years Ago
    Napoleon
    1769-1821
    Military Genius
    PATERNAL MATCH

The Science Behind
    Your Matches

The diagram above is illustrative and depicts both paternal and maternal branching to help you understand how the science behind matching works. In this example, the matches show when in ancient history your maternal and/or paternal line diverged or “branched” from that of a famous Genius (For example, Lincoln, 60,000 years ago). Male participants can get get both paternal and maternal matches, whereas female participants can only get maternal matches.

Have a question?

-How did NG define Genius?
    National Geographic is very liberal in its definition of genius. Since we are looking predominantly at historical figures, our definition of genius is that of “remarkable” or “historic” figure. But, you know, we are all truly geniuses in our own ways.

-Can my DNA tell me if I’m a genius?
    Although there are genes associated with the ability to learn and intelligence, we are not currently analyzing those genes or DNA markers with Genographic.

-Why do I see men in my maternal matches?
    Since we all have mothers, we all carry mitochondrial DNA, which is inherited strictly through the mother’s line. So, just like you and your brother have the same mother, you and your first male cousin have the same maternal-grandmother, and you and your male second cousin have the same maternal great-grandmother, you all share a direct maternal ancestor in the past, even if one or both of you are male. The same logic applies for your genius matches.

-Why do I see zero matches for some timeframes?
    We compare your maternal and paternal DNA to a limited number of “geniuses,” so it’s quite likely that you don’t have a match that falls into one of our specifically designated time blocks. That is all.

-Why don’t I have any recent matches (12,000 – 0 years)?
    In some cases your lineages may not have a match in the last 12,000 years. That doesn’t mean that you don’t share an ancestor with any of those people in that shorter time frame. It just means that you don’t share a direct maternal or direct paternal match within the last 12,000 years.

-My closest match is 45,000 years ago, what does that mean?
    Although you likely shared common ancestors with many geniuses in more recent times, we only track your direct maternal (mother’s mother’s mother…) and direct paternal (father’s father’s father…) line for both you and the genius. In your case, your most recent genius match on one of those two lines was 45,000 years ago.
    This is pure Marketing. We are all, Europeans, descendants from Charlemagne just 1200 years ago, I am 100% Spaniard and the first "genius" I have 0-12.000 years is Queen Victoria, and then almos all the geniuses listed, Anglo Saxon bias!!! for sure...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Corocota79 For This Useful Post:

redifflal (02-08-2018)

25,000-12,000 years ago:
    - Queen Victoria
    - Copernicus
    -Benjamin Franklin
    - Marie Antoinette
    -Napolean
    -Maria Theresa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast