People like you make me angry.
    Um. Who implies distrust here?

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish/Welsh/English

United Kingdom Ireland England North of England Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopfjäger View Post
    Um. Who implies distrust here?
    Sorry I'm not sure what you're saying. In regards to "razyn", he attacked my argument whilst completely ignoring my argument itself and the evidence contained within it. This isn't how science is supposed to work. I've presented an argument, it's up to him to disprove it or agree with it or remain neutral, not just leave a useless comment. I'm not sure whether he read my OP anyway.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British, German, Italian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z255
    mtDNA (M)
    HV4a1
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-U106

England Italy Germany Scotland Sweden
    If you're any kind of "scientist", I think you do know what I am saying. You are already losing credibility with the tone of your posts, which, in my opinion, are more about feelings than anything else.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kopfjäger For This Useful Post:

Silesian (06-29-2013)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish/Welsh/English

Quote Originally Posted by Kopfjäger View Post
    If you're any kind of "scientist", I think you do know what I am saying. You are already losing credibility with the tone of your posts, which, in my opinion, are more about feelings than anything else.
    I've never claimed to be a scientist. I'm just concerned at the obvious bias of some amateur geneticists. I've written an OP full of evidence. From two members I've received comments basically telling me that I'm wrong without doing anything to disprove my OP. This is bound to make me upset as I thought I'd receive a critique from people who had good knowledge of the archaeology as well as the genetics.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

A gentle reminder for everyone to remain on topic without personalising the discussion, which in this case, is the assignment of Y-DNA Haplogroup R1b(-M269) in Europe to the Bell Beaker cultural phenomenon.

Northern Line, there are several users on this forum who have taken a multidisciplinary approach (principally concerning archaeology, linguistics and genetics). Jean M is one user I have in mind. Hopefully your thread will catch their attention and provide a debate concerning why some equate Bell Beaker with Y-DNA R1b males.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

Ezana (06-29-2013),  lgmayka (06-30-2013)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    DF27, FGC15733
    mtDNA (M)
    T2f3

Response to Northern Line removed as suggested.
    Last edited by razyn; 06-29-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Nationality
    United States
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L21 (DF21, L720)
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a2

England Scotland Germany Palatinate France-Ile-de-France England North of England
    Thank you for your contribution Northern Line. The fact of the matter is this particular forum was not originally so filled with speculation on the Y-chromosome. When it started it was much more dedicated to sharing of information broadly. I had myself been away for several months consumed with work and personal matters and was a bit shocked to find the way things had gone. This stuff is largely a carry-over from the defunct DNA-Forums board, and had thankfully for a while confined itself to "A Genetic Genealogy Community" while we were chugging along here quite peacefully for a while sharing articles and the like in a more rational, harmonious way. We shall see which way this board finally swings. Please don't think everyone on this forum agrees with what is posted--it's just we know how useless it is to try and engage in conversation with certain personalities we have now experienced online for years and years.

I personally would like to get back to sharing actual information on this forum and leave the rife speculation to other places on the net.
    architectural historian/material culture historian
    specialty: East/West interaction 17th to 19th centuries

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish/Welsh/English

Razyn, I think it's a shame that you will remove your comment. I want to get to the bottom of R1b. I feel annoyed as you have attacked me with no purpose and have still refused to show me any incorrect things in my work. I am more than happy to debate anything you think I am wrong on. I just wish you'd have not left a comment if you weren't interested in my post.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish/Welsh/English

Quote Originally Posted by DMXX View Post
    A gentle reminder for everyone to remain on topic without personalising the discussion, which in this case, is the assignment of Y-DNA Haplogroup R1b(-M269) in Europe to the Bell Beaker cultural phenomenon.

Northern Line, there are several users on this forum who have taken a multidisciplinary approach (principally concerning archaeology, linguistics and genetics). Jean M is one user I have in mind. Hopefully your thread will catch their attention and provide a debate concerning why some equate Bell Beaker with Y-DNA R1b males.
    Thank you for the information. I've not tried to be inflammatory but I haven't received a good response from the off. It feels as if people don't like hearing the evidence and so attacked me in a childish way.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

Quote Originally Posted by History-of-Things View Post
    The fact of the matter is this particular forum was not originally so filled with speculation on the Y-chromosome. When it started it was much more dedicated to sharing of information broadly.
    There is a place for speculation, particularly when enthusiasts are constantly awaiting information from academia.

In a typical online community where information is shared, certain ideas or speculations are repeated/recycled to the point where it is held as common knowledge. Those ideas or speculations may be completely false, sometimes caused by a lack of relevant backgrounds from within the community.

The observation you have made concerning this forum is a reflection of it's increased activity and some cross-linkage with other online communities (as well as a large constituency from DNA-Forums). It is not a "mission statement" of sorts to give preferential treatment to any ideas or speculations, no matter how popular or unpopular they are.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

Ezana (06-29-2013),  Humanist (06-30-2013),  Jean M (06-30-2013),  Scarlet Ibis (06-29-2013)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast