Nationality
    Morocco
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-A30032*
    mtDNA (M)
    V25b*

Morocco Algeria MoroccoPreColonial Byzantine Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by JonikW View Post
    It’s great to see your results: you’ve come a long way and have now got something to really get to grips with. Congratulations!

As a fellow V, I finally got the cash together and ordered an FTDNA mtDNA test on November 8. Unfortunately, it turned out they couldn’t reuse my sample and I only just received the replacement kit yesterday. So I’ve got the traditional long and painful wait for DNA results ahead of me (there really should be a word for that by now).

At least in the meantime I’ve finally researched my maternal line properly, and quickly discovered that the family member who worked on it earlier had taken a wrong turn in the middle of the 19th century. I can’t get back any further than a baptism in January 1825, and while I know the mother was Ann Lewis, I have no way of confidently establishing her maiden name. Looking at the records, there are only a few contenders, all with common Welsh surnames. One looks more likely than the others, but I can’t safely conclude which is the right one.

Given the subject of this thread, have you got a tentative theory about how your line spread and how it arrived in Morocco?
    for side ancestors Maternal are berber from west high atlas 5th great grand mother maternal is name Fatima she is born in alma

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capsian For This Useful Post:

JMcB (12-06-2021),  JonikW (12-05-2021)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234