Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full Genomes Questions

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b U106 Z81

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCasey View Post
    To me, the WGS 20X and YElite2.1 are pretty much a wash from a YCHR discovery perspective.
    I agree. For SNP discovery Y Elite and the 20x WGS are equivalent.
    FGC team member.

Hidden Content

Join our FGC google group:
    Hidden Content

R1b-U106 google group:
    Forum for discussion of R1b-U106
    Discussion related to all products by any company will be welcome. Discussion will not be limited to FGC

Join here:
    Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a>L1029>Y133383

Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by FGC Corp View Post
    We still provide the mtDNA data with Y Elite 2.1. Note that the coverage estimates I provided are a little conservative. We do a little better with both Y Elite and the 20x WGS in some instances.

The other point here is that there are project discounts and payment plans available so there is room for further discounts in certain instances.

Also, there's no added cost associated with the mtDNA. That is additional data that always comes with the capture. Cost-saving isn't the reason why mtDNA wouldn't be provided.
    There are payment plans?!?! Could you send me information on how I would go about it? If I can do a payment plan for WGS 20x or yelite 2.1i would love to. Discounts wouldn't hurt either. Lol.

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b U106 Z81

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    There are payment plans?!?! Could you send me information on how I would go about it? If I can do a payment plan for WGS 20x or yelite 2.1i would love to. Discounts wouldn't hurt either. Lol.
    Yes, and you can address questions to:
    sales [at] fullgenomes.com
    FGC team member.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

R1b-U106 google group:
    Discussion related to all products by any company will be welcome. Discussion will not be limited to FGC

Join here:
    Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a>L1029>Y133383

Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Yes, and you can address questions to:
    sales [at] fullgenomes.com
    Thank you kindly!!

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b U106 Z81

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Thank you kindly!!
    Question answered.
    FGC team member.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

R1b-U106 google group:

Join here:
    Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    H1af
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Y19211*

Man, Whole genome 20/30x is the best. You will get the raw data to also have health info: FGC will say that "they don´t endorse any health information, nor provide it, nor give medical advise at all", but only because that´s "the law" in USA and they must say it. You will have the raw genetical data and with it you can visit third party webs or use third party programs to known about your hereditary Health traits (of course, if you want that).
    A Big Y/Y elite is only for the genealogical matter. For a couple hundred bucks more you will get a genetical diagnosis ("but FGC will not endorse any health genetical data", you know)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Métis
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    T2B-T152C
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z198 (DF27)

Canada England Scotland Germany Poland France
    Hi, I just want to ask a question here to clarify something I'm curious about:

Do they do autosomal full genome sequencing? if so what are the results transferable to?
    I think this is a yes, but I just wanted to clarify. Thanks!
    Paper trail ancestry to the best of my knowledge:
    English (possibly containing some Welsh ancestry) 31.25%, Eastern European and Eastern German (Galicia, Poland) 25%, Scottish 17.96%, Scotch-Irish 12.5%, French 8.2%, Native American 1.95%, and Colonial American, 3.125%, which cannot be determined with complete certainty: there is Dutch (at least 1.36%) and some English. The rest could include Spanish, Norwegian, German, and French, but these percentages would be minuscule.

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b U106 Z81

Quote Originally Posted by sktibo View Post
    Hi, I just want to ask a question here to clarify something I'm curious about:

Do they do autosomal full genome sequencing? if so what are the results transferable to?
    I think this is a yes, but I just wanted to clarify. Thanks!
    Yes, we do. It is whole genome sequencing. Results can be transferred to Promethease, Gedmatch, or researchers/geneticists.
    FGC team member.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

R1b-U106 google group:

Join here:
    Hidden Content

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FGC Corp For This Useful Post:

gstockman (09-12-2017),  Nibelung (08-18-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Métis
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    T2B-T152C
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z198 (DF27)

Canada England Scotland Germany Poland France
    Yes, we do. It is whole genome sequencing. Results can be transferred to Promethease, Gedmatch, or researchers/geneticists.
    Thank you. I'm starting to think about autosomal full genome sequencing as it is something I would very much like to have one day; although I'm not going to be able to do it anytime soon, seeing as I've tested with just about every major company available I think I will most likely get it done eventually. I'm curious about the differences between 2x, 15x, 20x, 30x, and Long Read. They all sequence your entire autosomal and X chromosomes as I understand it.. but there is still a difference in accuracy? About how long does it take to complete these tests also?
    Sorry for the basic questions but I have just begun to look into whole genome sequencing, so I know next to nothing about it
    Paper trail ancestry to the best of my knowledge:
    English (possibly containing some Welsh ancestry) 31.25%, Eastern European and Eastern German (Galicia, Poland) 25%, Scottish 17.96%, Scotch-Irish 12.5%, French 8.2%, Native American 1.95%, and Colonial American, 3.125%, which cannot be determined with complete certainty: there is Dutch (at least 1.36%) and some English. The rest could include Spanish, Norwegian, German, and French, but these percentages would be minuscule.

Company Rep
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b U106 Z81

Quote Originally Posted by sktibo View Post
    Thank you. I'm starting to think about autosomal full genome sequencing as it is something I would very much like to have one day; although I'm not going to be able to do it anytime soon, seeing as I've tested with just about every major company available I think I will most likely get it done eventually. I'm curious about the differences between 2x, 15x, 20x, 30x, and Long Read. They all sequence your entire autosomal and X chromosomes as I understand it.. but there is still a difference in accuracy? About how long does it take to complete these tests also?
    Sorry for the basic questions but I have just begun to look into whole genome sequencing, so I know next to nothing about it
    We recommend 15x or better for ancestry testing. 30x or better is the standard for people who to use their results with third parties for health interpretation.
    FGC team member.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

R1b-U106 google group:

Join here:
    Hidden Content

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FGC Corp For This Useful Post:

sktibo (08-20-2017)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast