Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA
    A8a

Pakistan United States of America

KHANABADOSHI: Calculator Results

I will post spreadsheets, tables, PCAs, etc. in this thread.
    I would rather not spam every other thread. Haha!
    “Chahar chez est tohfay Multan, Gard-o- Garma, Gada-o- Goristan”.

Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

bol_nat (06-12-2017),  dp (06-12-2017),  Exosuits (07-13-2017),  Hanna (09-23-2017),  NiloSaharan (06-16-2017),  noman (09-22-2017),  Radboud (06-13-2017),  randwulf (06-12-2017),  Reza (06-12-2017),  Varun R (06-13-2017),  Xehanort (10-26-2017)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA
    A8a

As requested:

HarappaWorld results tabulated of current S/SC ASIAN (+ a few W ASIAN) curated list. I do have a list of other ethnic groups (Asian, European, Middle Eastern), just didn't get around to adding them to this spreadsheet. I am still adding many results, f. ex. Bengali results supplied by Reza.

Right-click > View Image to see the larger version.

Interestingly, a few R1b y-HGs.

SAM = "South Asian Muslim" - as I am not always sure which region someone is from.
    I presume "Khans" with certain results are Pathan from KPK and those with differing results, are "SAM". It is quite possible some Khans aren't from KPK or those Khans are I categorized as SAM are in fact from KPK. If I know a location, I have posted it. I have gone to the down the detail of village if it is available. I have not guessed anyone's location. If I typed "PUNJAB" this person is from Punjab. People will be confused by the Ormuri in Lahore. The Ormuri was born in and self-reports as being from Lahore. Keep this in mind as you go through the results.

** Khoja Shaikh and Shaikh 3 are the same person. Will fix.

If someone disagrees with the location, classification, designation of a certain sample, PM or post your issue. However, I ask you post proof. Self-designation trumps your "hunch" according to my criteria. The statistical likelihood of where a surname/tribe/caste/clan appears trumps "they fit better among so-and-so" -- remember, the whole point of exercises such as these is to see patterns and the exceptions to our observed patterns.

No, I have not posted the spreadsheet link. Why?
    - I'm not done.
    - I don't want anyone to mess it up.
    - It's a lot of work and the inevitable Ctrl+Cs and Ctrl+Vs would fracture my soul.

I will eventually post it. Have no fear.

I could use some Irani, Turk, Khaliji, Maghrebi, Shaami, and East African kits. Thanks.
    **I really need guidance/help/kits for South/Central/Northeastern India**

If you have a curated list for your own ethnic group/country/region and would like to share, please PM me. I am attempting to make a "MASTER LIST" so to speak. This is essentially to understand y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroup distribution (published papers seem to not take into consideration the haplogroups of consumer testers (ie. us) -- f. ex. my own HGs -- when reaching conclusions) and to make the most expansive and complete PCAs possible.

I have decided to study R, and have purchased a few books to further this endeavor. I hope to squeeze the most I can out of all this data.
    Last edited by khanabadoshi; 06-12-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

Abd.H (06-13-2017),  bmoney (01-10-2018),  bol_nat (06-12-2017),  dp (06-12-2017),  Exosuits (12-19-2017),  Hayden (06-13-2017),  Kaido (06-12-2017),  kakiasumi (07-14-2017),  lukaszM (06-12-2017),  MikeWhalen (06-12-2017),  parasar (06-12-2017),  Rukha (06-12-2017),  Sapporo (09-22-2017),  Thatagus (06-13-2017),  Varun R (06-13-2017),  XooR (06-12-2017),  Zayd (06-12-2017)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA
    A8a

HarappaWorld: sorted by S. Indian.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

bol_nat (06-12-2017),  Kaido (06-12-2017),  kakiasumi (07-14-2017),  parasar (06-12-2017),  pegasus (06-12-2017),  Zayd (06-12-2017)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA
    A8a

HarappaWorld: Sorted by Baloch.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

Abd.H (06-13-2017),  bmoney (01-10-2018),  bol_nat (06-12-2017),  Kaido (06-12-2017),  kakiasumi (07-14-2017),  parasar (06-12-2017),  pegasus (06-13-2017),  Reza (06-12-2017),  Sapporo (09-22-2017),  Zayd (06-12-2017)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central 75% + 25% Mazovia
    Nationality
    Pole
    Y-DNA
    R1a > M198 > YP 1337

Poland
    Oh what a tremendous work! How many are there, 200? Wow.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lukaszM For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (06-12-2017)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA
    A8a

Quote Originally Posted by lukaszM View Post
    Oh what a tremendous work! How many are there, 200? Wow.
    Around 200, I still have maybe 200 more I didn't sort/run/organize yet.
    I probably won't add many more new results to the HarappaWorld spreadsheet. It is such an old calculator; too much effort. I'll concentrate on organizing and such until someone makes a new calculator. A few people requested Harappa results for some samples which I why I even bothered to make a new Harappa spreadsheet.
    Last edited by khanabadoshi; 06-12-2017 at 12:37 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

kakiasumi (07-14-2017),  Reza (06-12-2017)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L657
    mtDNA
    M4b1

Sterling effort khana!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Reza For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (06-12-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R1a1
    mtDNA
    M13'46'61

India China Tajikistan Mongolia Russian Federation Papua New Guinea
    Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    As requested:

HarappaWorld results tabulated of current S/SC ASIAN (+ a few W ASIAN) curated list. I do have a list of other ethnic groups (Asian, European, Middle Eastern), just didn't get around to adding them to this spreadsheet. I am still adding many results, f. ex. Bengali results supplied by Reza.

Right-click > View Image to see the larger version.

Interestingly, a few R1b y-HGs.

SAM = "South Asian Muslim" - as I am not always sure which region someone is from.
    I presume "Khans" with certain results are Pathan from KPK and those with differing results, are "SAM". It is quite possible some Khans aren't from KPK or those Khans are I categorized as SAM are in fact from KPK. If I know a location, I have posted it. I have gone to the down the detail of village if it is available. I have not guessed anyone's location. If I typed "PUNJAB" this person is from Punjab. People will be confused by the Ormuri in Lahore. The Ormuri was born in and self-reports as being from Lahore. Keep this in mind as you go through the results.

** Khoja Shaikh and Shaikh 3 are the same person. Will fix.

If someone disagrees with the location, classification, designation of a certain sample, PM or post your issue. However, I ask you post proof. Self-designation trumps your "hunch" according to my criteria. The statistical likelihood of where a surname/tribe/caste/clan appears trumps "they fit better among so-and-so" -- remember, the whole point of exercises such as these is to see patterns and the exceptions to our observed patterns.

No, I have not posted the spreadsheet link. Why?
    - I'm not done.
    - I don't want anyone to mess it up.
    - It's a lot of work and the inevitable Ctrl+Cs and Ctrl+Vs would fracture my soul.

I will eventually post it. Have no fear.

I could use some Irani, Turk, Khaliji, Maghrebi, Shaami, and East African kits. Thanks.
    **I really need guidance/help/kits for South/Central/Northeastern India**

If you have a curated list for your own ethnic group/country/region and would like to share, please PM me. I am attempting to make a "MASTER LIST" so to speak. This is essentially to understand y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroup distribution (published papers seem to not take into consideration the haplogroups of consumer testers (ie. us) -- f. ex. my own HGs -- when reaching conclusions) and to make the most expansive and complete PCAs possible.

I have decided to study R, and have purchased a few books to further this endeavor. I hope to squeeze the most I can out of all this data.
    Khana, does the Sri Lanka - Sinhalese person have Sri Lankan Malay admixture as SE Asia is much higher than the others

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jortita For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (06-13-2017)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central 75% + 25% Mazovia
    Nationality
    Pole
    Y-DNA
    R1a > M198 > YP 1337

Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by jortita View Post
    Khana, does the Sri Lanka - Sinhalese person have Sri Lankan Malay admixture as SE Asia is much higher than the others
    I heard they are Mongoloid admixed but from what source I don't remember. Indochine is closer.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lukaszM For This Useful Post:

Registered Users

Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Excellent work Khana!
    Its interesting to contrast and compare HarappaWorld with PuntDNAL K13. I would say K13 is more fined tuned and current.
    Khana has done an amazing job getting samples from obscure S/SC ethnic groups which no one else has ever done before.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast