Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1b2a1a (Y7+)
    mtDNA
    M5a2a

United States of America India Myanmar
    Wow!
    On a side note, expectedly, the admixture proportions of the random caste Dravidians on my one-to-many match page look very similar to the Sri Lankan Moors/ Sinhalese on your spreadsheet.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Varun R For This Useful Post:

dp (06-13-2017),  khanabadoshi (06-13-2017)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA
    A8a

Pakistan United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by jortita View Post
    Khana, does the Sri Lanka - Sinhalese person have Sri Lankan Malay admixture as SE Asia is much higher than the others
    That sample is a little bit of a mystery. I go back periodically over samples to double-check and get more data. I will go through the Sri Lankans again. With all the other Sri Lankan samples I had a lot more detail of information. The same person who tested the Chitralis also tested some of the Sri Lankans -- and thus, he gave me the details. From there I was able to find others related to my original set. I have maybe 10-15 more Sri Lankans I didn't post yet. One of them is very interesting, a Jaffa Tamil that claims descent from Orissa with a pretty high African %. I'll update the list sometime this week. BTW, if anyone knows which Sri Lankan is Tamil and which is Sinhalese, let me know. I don't know enough to tell the difference by names or location.

I also have some obscure Persian Gulf islanders -- their results are super hard to make heads or tails of. I'll post them as well. I think I also have a Bandari result. BTW do you have any NE Indian/Assamese kits? Could you PM me your gedmatch #?
    Last edited by khanabadoshi; 06-13-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    “Chahar chez est tohfay Multan, Gard-o- Garma, Gada-o- Goristan”.

Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

dp (06-13-2017),  fished (06-15-2017),  jortita (06-13-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Assamese
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R1a1
    mtDNA
    M13'46'61

India China Tajikistan Mongolia Russian Federation Papua New Guinea
    Hi Khana, I have no knowledge of other NE Indian kit numbers on gedmatch, will pm you my gedmatch kit number as requested

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jortita For This Useful Post:

khanabadoshi (06-13-2017)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA
    A8a

fgdfg

Allow me to preface this post with the fact it is far from complete; but here is a preliminary snippet of the haplotype distribution of a batch of samples:

y-DNA haplotype distribution

mtDNA haplotype distribution

Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

lukaszM (06-15-2017),  NiloSaharan (09-24-2017)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central 75% + 25% Mazovia
    Nationality
    Pole
    Y-DNA
    R1a > M198 > YP 1337

Poland
    Syngalese Moors are partly Arab?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American

United States of America Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    That sample is a little bit of a mystery. I go back periodically over samples to double-check and get more data. I will go through the Sri Lankans again. With all the other Sri Lankan samples I had a lot more detail of information. The same person who tested the Chitralis also tested some of the Sri Lankans -- and thus, he gave me the details. From there I was able to find others related to my original set. I have maybe 10-15 more Sri Lankans I didn't post yet. One of them is very interesting, a Jaffa Tamil that claims descent from Orissa with a pretty high African %. I'll update the list sometime this week. BTW, if anyone knows which Sri Lankan is Tamil and which is Sinhalese, let me know. I don't know enough to tell the difference by names or location.

I also have some obscure Persian Gulf islanders -- their results are super hard to make heads or tails of. I'll post them as well. I think I also have a Bandari result. BTW do you have any NE Indian/Assamese kits? Could you PM me your gedmatch #?
    I'm very interested to see these Gulf islander results. I had a weirdly high number of Iranian relatives on 23andme, most of which seemed to be from the Gulf coast. We speculated we could be related through my Portuguese side, given the historical Portuguese presence in the Persian Gulf.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fished For This Useful Post:

NiloSaharan (07-11-2017)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA
    A8a

Quote Originally Posted by lukaszM View Post
    Syngalese Moors are partly Arab?
    I am unaware of their history. Maybe someone here is familiar and can give us answers.

Quote Originally Posted by fished View Post
    I'm very interested to see these Gulf islander results. I had a weirdly high number of Iranian relatives on 23andme, most of which seemed to be from the Gulf coast. We speculated we could be related through my Portuguese side, given the historical Portuguese presence in the Persian Gulf.

I'll post them when I get the chance. I only am sure of one of them being a Gulf Islander, but they seem mixed as well. -- but maybe that's typical for a Gulf Islander? A few others I think are Gulf Islander but no confirmation.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA
    U8b1a1

African Union Ainu AchaemenidEmpire1 Kurdistan Star of David Dravida Nadu
    Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    I am unaware of their history. Maybe someone here is familiar and can give us answers.

I'll post them when I get the chance. I only am sure of one of them being a Gulf Islander, but they seem mixed as well. -- but maybe that's typical for a Gulf Islander? A few others I think are Gulf Islander but no confirmation.
    There are no "typical" gulf islanders lol. You can find people with all kinds of different ancestries(everything between Bangladesh to Tanzania to Turkey)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jesus For This Useful Post:

fished (06-16-2017),  khanabadoshi (06-16-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    L-SK1414
    mtDNA
    U8b1a1

African Union Ainu AchaemenidEmpire1 Kurdistan Star of David Dravida Nadu
    Quote Originally Posted by fished View Post
    Most seem to lack European ancestry, however I've seen a Bahraini Tribal Arab that gets 80-90% Saudi and 10-20% Greek Islander or Sicilian on many gedmatch calculators. Bahraini tribal Arabs came from eastern and central Arabia in the last few centuries. There is also a Persian man from coastal Iran that shares few large segments with a Corsican "Parsi" Person.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jesus For This Useful Post:

fished (06-16-2017),  khanabadoshi (06-17-2017),  NiloSaharan (09-24-2017)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA
    A8a

Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    There are no "typical" gulf islanders lol. You can find people with all kinds of different ancestries(everything between Bangladesh to Tanzania to Turkey)
    LOL.. I actually laughed out loud. That is so true. I'll have to consult you when I get to them on the "list". You better brush up on your regional tribes and surname knowledge haha!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

jesus (06-16-2017)

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast