Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Understanding my Gedmatch calculator results

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a Y17491>YP4858>

Quote Originally Posted by MfA View Post
    You belong to R1a-Z2124. You have the same STR values as a Kurdish gentleman (M09) from Central Anatolia in Gokcumen et al. 2011. Although that town "Merkez" is marked as Kurdish in the study, it's actually a mixed town where Kurds and Circassians are present, though it seems Circassians are assimilated into Kurdish and identify as such. So I think this line might be indeed Circassian and your thus confirms your Circassian suspicions. Needless to say your ancestors are quite mixed with Kurds and your autosomal profile is almost indistinguishable than their Kurdish neighbours in Malatya.

Still we can't be sure, you need to invest more money on testing. And a reminder DNA testing is a collective work and you should be patient as more people are being tested it will be better.
    Very informative post. Thank you.

I understand that when I look at last couple of centuries it might be considered as mixture of Kurdish, Turkish, Azeri, Armenian even Uzbek etnicities into one unique me

But I have some questions regarding your statement on the haplogroup R1a-Z2124. How do you know that I am R1A-Z2124. Is it an educated guess based on my y12dna match with a person who is defined as R1A-Z2124?

Because when I look at Azerbaican Project there are many people with very similar markers defined under R1a, Z93.

I am guessing that's the reason I need more testing to understand which subclade I am under.

For additional testing, do you think it is a better idea to have an SNP testing of R-M173 or have y37 test?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M84>Y99171
    mtDNA (M)
    J1b3b

Ayyubid Dynasty Zand Dynasty Ararat Republic Mahabad Republic Kurdistan Rojavaya Kurdistane
    Quote Originally Posted by alhan View Post
    Very informative post. Thank you.
    It's an educated guess, you probably belong to something under Z93, with a little chance to be Z282>YP4858.

You're done with autosomal testing, anything you pay for more is a waste (23andMe, Ancestry, MyHeritage, DNATribes et al.).

What I'd do if I were you; first upgrade to Y37 or even better Y67. Then save money and order Big Y during the sales (New Year, DNA day, Fathers day, Ramadan, Summer) and submit your BAM file to YFull. I wouldn't recommend paying anything on single SNP or SNP packs as they're only temporary solutions and wont answer your all questions. Eventually you'll order BigY and end up paying more at the end. So why not skip the in between and go straight to BigY.
    E-M84>FGC18389>FGC18413>FGC18401>FGC18422>Y99171 tMRCA 2550ybp

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MfA For This Useful Post:

alhan (07-09-2017),  Amerijoe (07-09-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a Y17491>YP4858>

Quote Originally Posted by MfA View Post
    It's an educated guess, you probably belong to something under Z93, with a little chance to be Z282>YP4858.

You're done with autosomal testing, anything you pay for more is a waste (23andMe, Ancestry, MyHeritage, DNATribes et al.).

What I'd do if I were you; first upgrade to Y37 or even better Y67. Then save money and order Big Y during the sales (New Year, DNA day, Fathers day, Ramadan, Summer) and submit your BAM file to YFull. I wouldn't recommend paying anything on single SNP or SNP packs as they're only temporary solutions and wont answer your all questions. Eventually you'll order BigY and end up paying more at the end. So why not skip the in between and go straight to BigY.
    BigY is very expensive. I guess I will spend some time to understand what I have.

By the way I read Gokcumen's paper. Thanks for the reference, it helps me to understand how Cherkessian origin people would turn out to be Kurdish people. Interesting point is that the Merkez köy residents were Cherkesian origined however they've migrated in 13rd century.

That was one of my concerns regarding Adygea etnicity claim. I was having trouble understanding no one knowing a word of Adygea language. I guess several centuries will be enough to forget any kind of language.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Cool

I have contacted with some of my autosomal matches. I managed to get response from most of them. Closest one being 3rd cousin, it is not easy to track where this chromosome matches are coming from. I did not get any negative response.

It is very interesting to have this kind of connection with your historical roots.

Speaking of matches, I have not contacted with any of my ydna matches, as I don't really understand what 0 genetic distance means. I have 58 ydna matches. Interestingly none of my autosomal matches overlaps with my ydna matches.

I have a perfect match in ydna12 with a person named Timur from eastern China (Turkistan??). Even that match gives 33% chance of being 4rd cousin.
    Sorry, me again.

Wow, thats awsome. 3rd here also. The most 3 segaments. I am also related to Dincer Karaca, some turkish guy that works in the media or something. Its so mixed, i am happy. I uploaded on Family Tree, but they took the money but havent gotten me any results on relatives there. Also a few Ashkenazi jews, by their names. Also israelis. Its so mixed.

Yea, he have to be Turkistani, maybe also Kazakh?

How did ur parents migrate from Africa? My mother went straight to today Turkey and father to India and up.

Maybe we share some % , who knows.

edit, no we dont share anything.
    Last edited by dowpa113; 07-12-2017 at 12:27 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a Y17491>YP4858>

Quote Originally Posted by dowpa113 View Post
    Sorry, me again.

Wow, thats awsome. 3rd here also. The most 3 segaments. I am also related to Dincer Karaca, some turkish guy that works in the media or something. Its so mixed, i am happy. I uploaded on Family Tree, but they took the money but havent gotten me any results on relatives there. Also a few Ashkenazi jews, by their names. Also israelis. Its so mixed.

Yea, he have to be Turkistani, maybe also Kazakh?

How did ur parents migrate from Africa? My mother went straight to today Turkey and father to India and up.

Maybe we share some % , who knows.

edit, no we dont share anything.
    Sorry, I did not get what you're trying to say??

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Sorry, I did not get what you're trying to say??
    Sorry, its dheujjak24 . Forgot the password on the other one, admin was kind enough to let me use this. I will be using this. I look to match our dna, but we are not family. Thanks to you i did the same, so here is my results.

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...dmatch-results

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a Y17491>YP4858>

Quote Originally Posted by dowpa113 View Post
    Sorry, its dheujjak24 . Forgot the password on the other one, admin was kind enough to let me use this. I will be using this. I look to match our dna, but we are not family. Thanks to you i did the same, so here is my results.

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...dmatch-results
    Now, it make sense.

I've seen your results. Our results looks very similar. I will try to
    comment on your post.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alhan For This Useful Post:

dowpa113 (07-13-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Now, it make sense.

I've seen your results. Our results looks very similar. I will try to
    comment on your post.
    Yes, it sure does. Thanks and update this thread.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dowpa113 For This Useful Post:

alhan (07-14-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Hey, do you have charts also? And whats your parents haplogroup?

Keeping this thread active, its interesting.

Regards

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Have you seen this?

Kurdish autosomal DNA based on Dodecad K12b

http://kurdishdna.blogspot.se/2012/0...n-dodecad.html

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast