Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-FT77328
    mtDNA (M)
    N1b2a

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by farjanomar View Post
    Very interesting, there is new Ajuuraan sample on ftdna, but, they have not placed him on the list yet. He is still in the SNPs page. He will be the first.
    If ever, the so called Pre-Samaale hypothesis is to hold water. The Ajuuran should be the epitome Pre-Samaale, because during their Kingdom, the Somali People,
    were called Aji and Ajuuran. There was always a debate about where in the Somali Clan Tree the aJuuraan fall.
    Some clan names are derived from occupations that were common to many groups, such as:
    Shiikhaal -> theologians
    Ajuuraan-> إيجار/renter?
    Tumaal-> blacksmith

What is that Ajuuraan's haplogroup?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Omaar For This Useful Post:

drobbah (05-16-2021),  farjanomar (05-16-2021),  Mirix (06-11-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    Does the South have Madhibaan,Tumaal and Yibir? I always wondered who were the blacksmiths of the south
    Target: Drobbah_scaled
    Distance: 2.8833% / 0.02883253
    93.8 Somali
    6.2 Yemenite_Dhamar

FTDNA myorigins 3.0:
    Eritrea, Northern Ethiopia & Somalia
    94%
    Yemenite Jewish
    6%

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY203771
    mtDNA (M)
    L2a1

United States of America Somalia
    Quote Originally Posted by Omaar View Post
    Some clan names are derived from occupations that were common to many groups, such as:
    Shiikhaal -> theologians
    Ajuuraan-> إيجار/renter?
    Tumaal-> blacksmith

What is that Ajuuraan's haplogroup?

It looks like the guy, removed his Clan Name, and, maybe even left the Somali Project, once i made my statement kkkk. He might have read my statement (Allaah Aclam).

I don't understand why some People are so private about the their result, after spending so much money on Dna testing.

He did not have any Haplogroup. He was on the SNP page where, People get placed before, they get their first Ftdna result.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to farjanomar For This Useful Post:

Awale (05-16-2021),  Megatron (05-18-2021),  Omaar (05-17-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by farjanomar View Post
    It looks like the guy, removed his Clan Name, and, maybe even left the Somali Project, once i made my statement kkkk. He might have read my statement (Allaah Aclam).

I don't understand why some People are so private about the their result, after spending so much money on Dna testing.

He did not have any Haplogroup. He was on the SNP page where, People get placed before, they get their first Ftdna result.
    Itís understandable. I donít think we will see many E Hy or Ciidagale or Dir because of the people that gatekeep these clan haplogroups on certain sites LOL if you try to say you are E in a T-dominated clan they will not accept you, call you sheegato etc.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Almagest For This Useful Post:

drobbah (05-18-2021),  farjanomar (05-18-2021),  Megatron (05-18-2021),  Omaar (05-18-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Almagest View Post
    It’s understandable. I don’t think we will see many E Hy or Ciidagale or Dir because of the people that gatekeep these clan haplogroups on certain sites LOL if you try to say you are E in a T-dominated clan they will not accept you, call you sheegato etc.
    Almost all old clans got different lineages or sub-lineages. I don't see why people make a fuss about it. Already seen a handful of E-V32 HYs and Dirs on 23andMe. Hiding makes no sense as you can find matches quicker via the Somali project or it might spark a Somali from your sub-clan with that lineage to join FT.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

farjanomar (05-18-2021),  Omaar (05-18-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    N1a1
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b

Somaliland Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagest View Post
    Itís understandable. I donít think we will see many E Hy or Ciidagale or Dir because of the people that gatekeep these clan haplogroups on certain sites LOL if you try to say you are E in a T-dominated clan they will not accept you, call you sheegato etc.
    I think youíre right because I came into contact with two E-V32 individuals from the same sub clan (Ali Said) which is a very influential clan in Somaliland and influential among the hy clan. Both have now hid their results. Most likely because of the scenario you shared. So far I know of 3 E-V32 results from this particular sub clan so thereís an obvious trend but now we can only speculate. Itís unfortunate that people are afraid to share their results because it may upset the ďsocial orderĒ.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megatron For This Useful Post:

drobbah (05-18-2021),  farjanomar (05-18-2021),  Omaar (05-18-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Omaar View Post
    The somali guy who is in the paragroup E-Y18637* is from Sanaag region. He says that he belongs to Ugaaslabe/Ogeyslabe clan.
    I hear he is from Jubbaland, which may increase the chances of it possibly being a Jubbaland origin lineage.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

drobbah (05-18-2021),  farjanomar (05-18-2021),  Omaar (05-18-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I think youíre right because I came into contact with two E-V32 individuals from the same sub clan (Ali Said) which is a very influential clan in Somaliland and influential among the hy clan. Both have now hid their results. Most likely because of the scenario you shared. So far I know of 3 E-V32 results from this particular sub clan so thereís an obvious trend but now we can only speculate. Itís unfortunate that people are afraid to share their results because it may upset the ďsocial orderĒ.
    Is Cali Siciiid a Musa Cabdale subclan? Perhaps they are assimilated Nuux Ismaciil the original merchant clan of Berbera or Ciise Muuse.

Just like I think the Sacad Muuse T-M70+ could be assimilated Tol Jeclo,Garxajis or Samarone.I even heard two Makahiil (SM subclan) individuals from the same jilib had two different haplogroups.Northern Somalis (SL,DJB,Ethiopia & PL) despite what many modern Somalis think practiced assimilation.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    N1a1
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b

Somaliland Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    Is Cali Siciiid a Musa Cabdale subclan? Perhaps they are assimilated Nuux Ismaciil the original merchant clan of Berbera or Ciise Muuse.

Just like I think the Sacad Muuse T-M70+ could be assimilated Tol Jeclo,Garxajis or Samarone.I even heard two Makahiil (SM subclan) individuals from the same jilib had two different haplogroups.Northern Somalis (SL,DJB,Ethiopia & PL) despite what many modern Somalis think practiced assimilation.
    No, Ali Said is the son of Said Garhajis. All the other HY descend from his brother Arreh Said (Ishaq Arreh, Musa Arreh, Ismail Arreh). Theyíre not a coastal clan and they live among their fellow HY, in a territory stretching from the Hargeisa-Oodweyne corridor to Burao. Youíll find them in these cities.

I think their results (so far) is ancient and not recent assimilation from a neighboring sub clan. The fact that they are the uncles of all HY sub clans (genealogically) indicate an ancient alliance.

I agree when you find two individuals of the same sub clan with two different haplogroups then itís usually assimilation somewhere down the line. The Makahiil T-M70 could be from Mahamed Abokor (HJ) since we used to be neighbors in eastern Sahil. The Makahil used to inhabit the ancient town of Siyara as recent as 150 years ago. One of my great great grandfathers is buried in an area between Siyara and El-Darad.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megatron For This Useful Post:

drobbah (05-18-2021),  farjanomar (05-18-2021),  NetNomad (05-18-2021)

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast