Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: Somalis and E-Y17859

  1. #71
    Registered Users
    Posts
    352
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    E-V32
    mtDNA
    L0a1*

    Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by lavrok View Post
    I believe that is my result. I have also tested on 23andme and got a similar result.
    Which subclan of Habar Jeclo do you belong too?

    I have seen T1a Habar Jeclo (Xasan Cabdulle) aswell and Tol Jeclo which both belong to the Habar Habusheed branch of Isaaq.
    NW Somali + Eastern Oromo

    Eurogenes K13
    82.9% Somali + 17.1% Ethiopian_Wolayta @ 1.01
    90.5% Somali + 9.5% Ethiopian_Oromo @ 1.38
    96.2% Somali + 3.8% Ethiopian_Ari_cultivator


    My Father's K13
    94.5% Somali + 5.5% Ethiopian_Ari_cultivator @ 2.07
    82.1% Somali + 17.9% Ethiopian_Wolayta @ 2.22

  2. #72
    Registered Users
    Posts
    95
    Sex

    So who is id:YF15261? A Somali or a Saudi?

    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-Y17859/

  3. #73
    Registered Users
    Posts
    352
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    E-V32
    mtDNA
    L0a1*

    Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by NetNomad View Post
    So who is id:YF15261? A Somali or a Saudi?

    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-Y17859/
    I think its a Libyan dude I seen on familytreeDNA.He's a confirmed E-Y18635
    NW Somali + Eastern Oromo

    Eurogenes K13
    82.9% Somali + 17.1% Ethiopian_Wolayta @ 1.01
    90.5% Somali + 9.5% Ethiopian_Oromo @ 1.38
    96.2% Somali + 3.8% Ethiopian_Ari_cultivator


    My Father's K13
    94.5% Somali + 5.5% Ethiopian_Ari_cultivator @ 2.07
    82.1% Somali + 17.9% Ethiopian_Wolayta @ 2.22

  4. #74
    Registered Users
    Posts
    22
    Sex
    Location
    Earth
    Y-DNA
    E-Y17859
    mtDNA
    N1b2

    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    I think its a Libyan dude I seen on familytreeDNA.He's a confirmed E-Y18635
    Yes the Libyan is E-Y18635+, but he is also E-Y18355+, E-Y18629+, E-Y18637+. It seems that, id:YF15261, is another Saudi.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Omaar For This Useful Post:

     Awale (10-17-2018),  drobbah (10-16-2018),  NetNomad (10-02-2018)

  6. #75
    Registered Users
    Posts
    95
    Sex

    Guys, there is a haplogroup T Somali on yfull now as well:

    https://www.yfull.com/tree/T-Y16897/

    From Mudug, I think a Somalia Dir probably.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

     Awale (10-17-2018),  drobbah (10-16-2018),  Megalophias (10-17-2018),  Omaar (10-17-2018)

  8. #76
    Registered Users
    Posts
    352
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    E-V32
    mtDNA
    L0a1*

    Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by Omaar View Post
    Yes the Libyan is E-Y18635+, but he is also E-Y18355+, E-Y18629+, E-Y18637+. It seems that, id:YF15261, is another Saudi.
    Both those Saudis under BY8100 seem to belong to the same subclan if they are not recent cousins.They belong to the Hubaysh clan which is apparently a sub-branch of the nomadic Juhayna

    Quote Originally Posted by NetNomad View Post
    Guys, there is a haplogroup T Somali on yfull now as well:

    https://www.yfull.com/tree/T-Y16897/

    From Mudug, I think a Somalia Dir probably.
    Are there any BigY results from the Isaaq or northern Dir clan to compare with?
    NW Somali + Eastern Oromo

    Eurogenes K13
    82.9% Somali + 17.1% Ethiopian_Wolayta @ 1.01
    90.5% Somali + 9.5% Ethiopian_Oromo @ 1.38
    96.2% Somali + 3.8% Ethiopian_Ari_cultivator


    My Father's K13
    94.5% Somali + 5.5% Ethiopian_Ari_cultivator @ 2.07
    82.1% Somali + 17.9% Ethiopian_Wolayta @ 2.22

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

     Awale (10-17-2018),  Omaar (10-17-2018)

  10. #77
    Registered Users
    Posts
    22
    Sex
    Location
    Earth
    Y-DNA
    E-Y17859
    mtDNA
    N1b2

    In the new Ftdna Haplotree, Libyan and somali shares same haplogroup "E-BY8085 ". And as i understood, it is their final destination. Is there any pure somali branch?
    https://www.familytreedna.com/public/y-dna-haplotree/E

  11. #78
    Registered Users
    Posts
    352
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    E-V32
    mtDNA
    L0a1*

    Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate
    V32 is getting more difficult to understand as more people get tested but I feel like once we get enough samples from Chad/Sahel and Horners (non Somalis) then perhaps will we be able to understand the story of V32 men.
    NW Somali + Eastern Oromo

    Eurogenes K13
    82.9% Somali + 17.1% Ethiopian_Wolayta @ 1.01
    90.5% Somali + 9.5% Ethiopian_Oromo @ 1.38
    96.2% Somali + 3.8% Ethiopian_Ari_cultivator


    My Father's K13
    94.5% Somali + 5.5% Ethiopian_Ari_cultivator @ 2.07
    82.1% Somali + 17.9% Ethiopian_Wolayta @ 2.22

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

     Omaar (10-19-2018)

  13. #79
    Registered Users
    Posts
    95
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    V32 is getting more difficult to understand as more people get tested but I feel like once we get enough samples from Chad/Sahel and Horners (non Somalis) then perhaps will we be able to understand the story of V32 men.
    That Green Sahara study (D’Atanasio et al 2018) indicate which branches what regions belong to. Confusing overlap between regional branches may be due to more recent migrations (post-Islam).

    I think it originated in North Sudan, probably along the Nile, almost certainly. And then some branches went West, North, across the Red Sea, and Southeast. Not too difficult to figure out.
    Last edited by NetNomad; 10-18-2018 at 01:31 PM.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

     drobbah (10-19-2018),  Omaar (10-19-2018)

  15. #80
    Registered Users
    Posts
    352
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    E-V32
    mtDNA
    L0a1*

    Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by NetNomad View Post
    That Green Sahara study (D’Atanasio et al 2018) indicate which branches what regions belong to. Confusing overlap between regional branches may be due to more recent migrations (post-Islam).

    I think it originated in North Sudan, probably along the Nile, almost certainly. And then some branches went West, North, across the Red Sea, and Southeast. Not too difficult to figure out.
    So if I understand you & the study correctly the three branches of V32 are E-Y25511(Great Lakes region),E-Y15945 (Middle Eastern & Horner subdivided into different branches both around 5.2k) and the Sahelian E-V6873(5.17kya)?

    Also does it not make more sense for Arabian V32 to have cross the Sinai instead of directly crossing the Red Sea? I have seen M.E. V32+ Southern Levantines (Palestinians and Jordanians) but not Northern ones while the Hijaz/Yemen have less V32 compared to their eastern brethren.
    NW Somali + Eastern Oromo

    Eurogenes K13
    82.9% Somali + 17.1% Ethiopian_Wolayta @ 1.01
    90.5% Somali + 9.5% Ethiopian_Oromo @ 1.38
    96.2% Somali + 3.8% Ethiopian_Ari_cultivator


    My Father's K13
    94.5% Somali + 5.5% Ethiopian_Ari_cultivator @ 2.07
    82.1% Somali + 17.9% Ethiopian_Wolayta @ 2.22

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

     NetNomad (11-05-2018),  Omaar (10-19-2018)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •