Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack15 View Post
    Thanks walaal and yes I plan on on uploading to yfull soon. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this but what you mean by the HA who's E-BY75676* is possibly not SM or CM? Is the addition of the asterisk means it's different than the E-BY75676 which I got as a subclade before E-FT385910?
    The asterik means that he is only BY75676+ without sharing a downstream subclade like me and you.If the CM & this new sample were recently related (like both belonging to CM) they would of formed a new subclade which they didn't.E-BY75676 seems to be the Habar Awal clade or at least the descendants of Muuse.Muuse the son of Subeyr probably lived around 800-900 ybp and from what we know he had a bunch sons not just the famous two (Sacad & Cisse) such as Afgaab Muse,Celi Muse,Cigalle Muse,Cabdalle Muse.I think that E-BY75676 sample belongs to one of these lesser known clans.
    Target: Drobbah_scaled
    Distance: 2.8833% / 0.02883253
    93.8 Somali
    6.2 Yemenite_Dhamar

FTDNA myorigins 3.0:
    Eritrea, Northern Ethiopia & Somalia
    94%
    Yemenite Jewish
    6%

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

farjanomar (05-07-2021),  Megatron (05-08-2021),  Zack15 (05-08-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY203771
    mtDNA (M)
    L2a1

United States of America Somalia
    @Drobbar Good to know the smaller Somali sub sub clans. We Somali always mention and know the Big Clans and Sub Clans. Its good Habar Awal

Big Y tree is growing more and more. hopefully the other guy in your match is going to join you as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to farjanomar For This Useful Post:

Megatron (05-08-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Quote Originally Posted by farjanomar View Post
    @Drobbar Good to know the smaller Somali sub sub clans. We Somali always mention and know the Big Clans and Sub Clans. Its good Habar Awal

Big Y tree is growing more and more. hopefully the other guy in your match is going to join you as well.
    If you think Habar Awal or the Sacad Muuse clan is small then you must be ignorant which is understandable since many Somalis live in their own clan bubbles.

We are a large clan that live and mainly are concentrated and dominate in Maroodi Jeex the most densely populated Somali region after Banaadir.A huge percentage of Djibouti is Habar Awal and entire Sacad Muuse subclans live in Ethiopia's farming reserve areas ( mostly Reer Yoonis Jibriil Abokor) and the nomadic Hawd area (clans like reer Samatar Hussein Abokor)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

GabrielZelalem (05-07-2021),  Megatron (05-08-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY203771
    mtDNA (M)
    L2a1

Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    Is anyone else of the opinion that only one of the E-Y17859 branches is the proto-Somali lineage?

E-BY155996 seems to be around 2.5-3k years old but with limited distribution in Somaliland among Isaaqs,that new Musa Dhariye blacksmith (Northern artisinal castes) and possibly pockets in the south among some Dirs, the Ashraaf Merka sample would be an example of that.

The other brother branch seems limited to the Harti clan while the other E-Y18637 is probably the most widely spread lineage in Somaliweyn from both the Daroods,Hawiye and I think one raxanweyn sample.I think it's age,widespread distrubtion makes it a good candidate.I definitely want to hear from the others like NetNomad,Omar etc what their perspective or theories are concerning Somali E-V32 subclades

For now, its E-Y18637 that is the oldest, but their is possible 4th subclade of E-Y18629. (cluster in the Ftdna Somali project cluster !.4 with 3 members)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY203771
    mtDNA (M)
    L2a1

If you think Habar Awal or the Sacad Muuse clan is small then you must be ignorant which is understandable since many Somalis live in their own clan bubbles.

We are a large clan that live and mainly are concentrated and dominate in Maroodi Jeex the most densely populated Somali region after Banaadir.A huge percentage of Djibouti is Habar Awal and entire Sacad Muuse subclans live in Ethiopia's farming reserve areas ( mostly Reer Yoonis Jibriil Abokor) and the nomadic Hawd area (clans like reer Samatar Hussein Abokor)
    NO, i mean NON Ciise Muuse NON Sacad Muuse HA sub sub clans just like you mentioned.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farjanomar For This Useful Post:

drobbah (05-07-2021),  Megatron (05-08-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-BY203771
    mtDNA (M)
    L2a1

Quote Originally Posted by Zack15 View Post
    I think I'm one of them. I forgot I had it previously in private mode but now have changed it to allow matches. I'm Sacad Muse - Jibril Abokor with E-FT385910
    Welcome bro. How long did your big Y test take? I gather there are delays.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farjanomar For This Useful Post:

Megatron (05-08-2021),  Zack15 (05-08-2021)

The asterik means that he is only BY75676+ without sharing a downstream subclade like me and you.If the CM & this new sample were recently related (like both belonging to CM) they would of formed a new subclade which they didn't.E-BY75676 seems to be the Habar Awal clade or at least the descendants of Muuse.Muuse the son of Subeyr probably lived around 800-900 ybp and from what we know he had a bunch sons not just the famous two (Sacad & Cisse) such as Afgaab Muse,Celi Muse,Cigalle Muse,Cabdalle Muse.I think that E-BY75676 sample belongs to one of these lesser known clans.
    Got it. Appreciate the explanation and yeah hopefully we get more clarity as more tests come in.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zack15 For This Useful Post:

drobbah (05-08-2021),  farjanomar (05-08-2021)

Welcome bro. How long did your big Y test take? I gather there are delays.

Yeah , it took about three months. I even forgot about it completly until I decided to check back in the other day to find it was finished a few weeks back.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zack15 For This Useful Post:

farjanomar (05-08-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

For now, its E-Y18637 that is the oldest, but their is possible 4th subclade of E-Y18629. (cluster in the Ftdna Somali project cluster !.4 with 3 members)
    E-FT18121 only has three branches.My current theory is that E-Y18637 is associated with the mythical Samaale Somali speaking camel herders and their expansion all over Somaliweyn.

E-BY155996 represents the urbanized non-Somali population of Western Somaliland.I think the Isaaq clan was an assimilation process between the dominant Somali nomads (Mostly T carrying Dir from Sanaag) with the farming and merchant locals after the collapse of the medieval state of Adal.While the artisinal castes were subjugated under a caste system.Sada Miire has interesting theory that Yibir for example is actually an Ethio-Semitic word for tax collecting.

E-Y163928 would represent the urban population possibly non-Somali population of Sanaag who were Somalianized.The fact that Daarood always had the tradition they weren't Samaale and the story of marrying a wife of Dir imo seems to suggest they were Somalianized by E-BY8081 and local T lineages.I think someone here posted about a village of Ogaden men in Ethiopia who were majority T-M70+

Some Somali clans by the time of the Futuh were living within the Sultanate of Adal but the vast majority didn't.Some of the clans that lived there are Gerri Koombe (Daarood),Yabarre (Daarood),Habar Maqdi (possibly Samarone),Habar Magaadle (HA,Gx,Arab & Ayuub).Mareexaan lived on the periphery and so did the Harti (people of Maydh).When the Marexaan killed the Adalite messenger he fled to what the chronicler called the land of the Somalis where the Hawiye lived.The incursions of these clans into the territory of the Sultanate Western & Central Somaliland & Hawd was probably when the nomads ultimately became Muslims imo (13th century)

Some sources about medieval Somaliland from StateHorn

Last edited by drobbah; 05-08-2021 at 12:25 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

farjanomar (05-08-2021),  GabrielZelalem (05-08-2021),  NetNomad (05-09-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    N1a1
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b

Somaliland Adal Sultanate
    I’ve looked at the available options and I think I’ll go with FtDNA Big-Y. Can’t wait for the next Dante Labs sales.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Megatron For This Useful Post:

drobbah (05-08-2021),  farjanomar (05-08-2021),  GabrielZelalem (05-08-2021),  NetNomad (05-09-2021)

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast