Thread: L1'2'3'4'5'6 haplogroup

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Sex

L1'2'3'4'5'6 haplogroup

According to Wegene I belong to L1'2'3'4'5'6 MTDNA haplogoup. Can I take it as a guarantee or should I apply for a MTDNA analysis in other companies like FTDNA?
    However It stated my Y-dna is G2a2a1a which is accurate for sure.

Wegene says about my MTDNA:

Haplogroup: Haplogroup L1, sister group of Haplogroup L2-L6, subclade of Haplogroup L1-L6
    Region: Middle Africa
    Distribution: Middle Africa and West Africa
    Population: Pygmy and Baka
    People in this haplogroup: Nelson Mandela

So is it possible my mtdna survived a journey from South Africa to Europe without mutation? That's would be quite interesting if true.

Picture

Last edited by bryan; 07-30-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2a1

It seems more likely they only tested part of the mtDNA genome and were not able to predict your subclade. Did they provide a list of mtDNA mutations? It might be possible to predict your subclade by comparing the results to Phylotree.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GailT For This Useful Post:

bryan (07-31-2017)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by GailT View Post
    It seems more likely they only tested part of the mtDNA genome and were not able to predict your subclade. Did they provide a list of mtDNA mutations? It might be possible to predict your subclade by comparing the results to Phylotree.
    They only provided me this map and said about my mtdna haplogroup the following:

Haplogroup: Haplogroup L1, sister group of Haplogroup L2-L6, subclade of Haplogroup L1-L6

I also wrote an e-mail to the Staff but they still haven't responded.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2a1

Sounds like they identified you as L1 but did not test enough of the coding region to identify a more specific subclade of L1. You will need to test the full mtDNA sequence to get a more specific result, and that could also help estimate how long ago your subclade of L1 left Africa. FTDNA offers a mtDNA full sequence test, and the Full Genome Corp Full Y test also includes the mtDNA full sequence.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GailT For This Useful Post:

A Norfolk L-M20 (07-31-2017),  bryan (07-31-2017)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by GailT View Post
    Sounds like they identified you as L1 but did not test enough of the coding region to identify a more specific subclade of L1. You will need to test the full mtDNA sequence to get a more specific result, and that could also help estimate how long ago your subclade of L1 left Africa. FTDNA offers a mtDNA full sequence test, and the Full Genome Corp Full Y test also includes the mtDNA full sequence.
    As I checked L1 haplogroup and generally it's subgroups are very rare outside of Africa so I might be an unicorn.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Well L1'2'3'4'5'6 includes L3, which includes N, which includes ~100% of European mtdna lineages...if it's bad resolution, then most likely your real result would be nothing out of the ordinary. If the current designation is accurate, that is astounding.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    american
    mtDNA (M)
    c1c4a1

Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    According to Wegene I belong to L1'2'3'4'5'6 MTDNA haplogoup. Can I take it as a guarantee or should I apply for a MTDNA analysis in other companies like FTDNA?
    However It stated my Y-dna is G2a2a1a which is accurate for sure.

Wegene says about my MTDNA:

So is it possible my mtdna survived a journey from South Africa to Europe without mutation? That's would be quite interesting if true.

Picture

my grandoa's half brother(same mom different dad) got that result of wegene. based on the research i did, more than likely the ancestrydna raw data file didn't provide enough snps on mtdna for wegene to make an accurate prediction on the haplogroup. i don't think anyone can get a macrohaplogroup. but given he is mexican, i wouldn't be surprised if mtdna haplogroup were actually one of the l's but just not l'1'2'3'4'5'6.
    Last edited by crossover; 08-01-2017 at 03:57 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crossover For This Useful Post:

bryan (08-02-2017)

Sex

wegene is not good at predicting mtdna.