Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA
    E-V65(xCTS194)
    mtDNA
    T2b-T16362C

Italy

Andamanese D* finally resolved

The new version of YFull's haplotree is out. One of the most interesting updates to the tree is represented by the solution of the Andamanese D* riddle (I know for certain that the 5 samples are Andamanese).

Here's the relevant tree: https://yfull.com/tree/D/

Their sub-clade, D-Y34637, underwent a huge bottleneck (the TMRCA is only 4500 ybp).

Apparently the earliest split is between the Filipino branch and all others. I wonder if there's any chance to find a link between the former and a Paleolithic Sundaland archaeological horizon.
    Hidden Content

Ancestral paternal origin: MHG (Maghrebi Hunter-Gatherer)>Mauretanian or Numidian (?)>Roman Auxilia or slave (?)
    Ancestral maternal origin: ENF (European Neolithic Farmer)>Proto-Germanic>Langobardic

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Passa For This Useful Post:

Ebizur (07-30-2017),  Kristiina (09-11-2017),  lgmayka (07-30-2017),  MfA (07-30-2017),  palamede (08-02-2017),  Pribislav (07-30-2017),  Pylsteen (07-30-2017),  RCO (07-30-2017),  TuaMan (08-13-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex

To which subgroup of the Andamanese do those individuals belong? Are they all e.g. Onges, or are there representatives of several groups?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Italian
    Nationality
    Italian
    Y-DNA
    E-V65(xCTS194)
    mtDNA
    T2b-T16362C

Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebizur View Post
    To which subgroup of the Andamanese do those individuals belong? Are they all e.g. Onges, or are there representatives of several groups?
    I don't know this, but I know that all results ever published showed that Onge and Jarawa were 100% D*, while Great Andamanese were devoid of it. So I suspect the samples to be Onge.
    Hidden Content

Ancestral paternal origin: MHG (Maghrebi Hunter-Gatherer)>Mauretanian or Numidian (?)>Roman Auxilia or slave (?)
    Ancestral maternal origin: ENF (European Neolithic Farmer)>Proto-Germanic>Langobardic

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Passa For This Useful Post:

Ebizur (07-30-2017),  palamede (08-02-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Qatar
    Y-DNA
    R1a yp5544

Interesting ..off topic but where did the E and its brother D split was it in Africa or the Middle East? Since some suspect that E was the result of the out of Africa back migration into Africa

Registered Users
    Sex

How do you actually know for sure that they are andamanese samples ??? I mean yes the age is young but it is not actual proof, it still could be mainland asian D* for all we know...