Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2a1c
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1

Italy England North of England United States of America

NEW UPDATES

Ok, so since I've also now Tested with MyHeritage and since the other Sites I Tested with Updated their Results, here's the latest. Opinions and knowledge much appreciated.

MY ACTUAL ANCESTRY:
    50% Italian (Tuscany, Campania, Latium, Abruzzo)
    50% British (North West, North East, and South East English, with Medieval Anglo-Norman, French, and Scoto-Norman)
    Y-DNA: I2a1c aka I2a-Western aka Chauci Subclade (North East English Lineage)
    MtDNA: Basal J2a1* (Tuscan Italian Lineage)
    3rd Great-Grandfather's Y-DNA: R1b-L23* (Campanian Italian Lineage)

Until recently, I was one of the only two Haplotypes of Basal MtDNA J2a1* known from Tested. The first Haplo was an Irishman who Tested in 2012, and I Tested the following Year. Now, another one has come to light, but it's not a living person, but rather was found in the Archaeological DNA of an Ancient Man in what is now Hungary. So we have Basal J2a1* from Ireland, Tuscany, and Hungary. Out of all three, my Haplotype is still the most Archaic, and the TMRCA between myself and the Irishman was judged to be the late Mesolithic - early Neolithic. Facts about J2a1* is that it is Paleolithic native European, but from where it originated we still don't know. One theory is the Italian Refugium, due to where the other Samples are showing up, and their relation to mine which is the oldest, but more time shall tell.

23andMe Results:
    24% Italian
    15% French/German
    11% British/Irish
    2% Iberian
    Rest is Broadly Northwestern European, Broadly Southern European, and Broadly European

These Results are very good given my known Ancestry. I have not Tested either Parent, so don't know where the mysterious Iberian came from, although I'm Sharing those Segments on the same Chromosome with British people.

GEDmatch Eurogenes Results:
    1 Population Approximation: French
    1 Population Approximation: North Italian
    2 Populations Approximation: 50% Tuscan + 50% West German
    2 Populations Approximation: 50% Italy_Abruzzo & 50% Southwest English

All obviously very good.

DNA.Land Results:
    39% Italian
    35% North Central European
    6% Southwestern European
    5% Med Islander
    3% Ashkenazi Jewish
    Rest is Ambiguous European with Traces of North Slavic and Caucasian

Pretty good, but the Med Islander and Ashkenazi are obviously because the Company lumps Southern Italy into it's Med Islander Reference, and since that and Ashkenazi are the next closest related populations to my South Italian DNA, I get those. The North Slavic, in their References, isn't actually necessarily "Slavic", it includes the whole Baltic Area, from which much of my Anglo-Saxon Ancestry would have come, to that's reasonable. The Caucsasian, who knows, probably a Metal Ages or Neolithic Genetic Affinity in my DNA. The Southwest Euro is consistent with my having old Iberian Admixture Note, that on all measures I'm always consistently 0% Greek and or Balkan. Now we get to this craziness.

MyHeritage Results:
    32% GREEK!!!!!!!!!!
    25% IRISH/SCOTTISH/WELSH!!!!!!!!
    25% SCANDINAVIAN!!!!!!!!
    5% ITALIAN!!!!!!!!!!
    5% Ashkenazi Jewish
    0% ENGLISH!!!!!!!!
    0% IBERIAN!!!!!!

What in the World is going on here? Really deplorable and contradictory to all other Tests. I understand the quarter "Celtic Countries" and quarter Scandinavia, it detects I have "Celtic Speaking" Ancestors as well as Germanic and other Northwest European ones (my British side), but is incorrectly dividing it up into the really wrong Areas. The 5% Italian is Ridiculous, the Ashkenazi is reflective of the known Genetic Relation between Italy and them, the 0% Iberian isn't really that bad, it's just missing the minor Component, but the Greek is insane. I've learned that to them, "Greek" is actually Greek Islander Samples, and the Mainland is in their "Balkan" Reference, of which I get 0%. The original ANCIENT GREEKS diffused outwards FROM the Balkan Greek Peninsular Mainland. Seems as though they are missing Italian Samples, and due to Prehistoric/Metal Ages/Neolithic Ancestry, they can't tell the difference between South and Central Italy and the Aegean Isles.
    Paternal Haplogroup: I2a1c (Ancestor: Albert I Lee (Family surname was "Brooks" prior to the British-Boer War II) / Born: 1900-Middlesbrough Yorkshire, England)

Maternal Haplogroup: J2a1 (Ancestor: Maria B. Cavallini / Born: 1893-Livorno, Tuscany, Italy)

Places Of Ancestry: Yorkshire, England/ Durham, England/ Lancashire, England/ Abruzzo, Italy/ Campania, Italy/ Tuscany, Italy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Barellalee For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (07-31-2017)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland

Wink

How long have you been dead?

You posted this in the Ancient DNA subforum.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (07-31-2017),  Gravetto-Danubian (08-01-2017),  Judith (08-01-2017),  Michał (08-01-2017),  Saetro (08-01-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Slavic Jew
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V12* Egyptian
    mtDNA (M)
    I5a Semitic

Italy Poland Germany Palatinate Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by Barellalee View Post
    Ok, so since I've also now Tested with MyHeritage and since the other Sites I Tested with Updated their Results, here's the latest. Opinions and knowledge much appreciated.

MY ACTUAL ANCESTRY:
    50% Italian (Tuscany, Campania, Latium, Abruzzo)
    50% British (North West, North East, and South East English, with Medieval Anglo-Norman, French, and Scoto-Norman)
    Y-DNA: I2a1c aka I2a-Western aka Chauci Subclade (North East English Lineage)
    MtDNA: Basal J2a1* (Tuscan Italian Lineage)
    3rd Great-Grandfather's Y-DNA: R1b-L23* (Campanian Italian Lineage)

Until recently, I was one of the only two Haplotypes of Basal MtDNA J2a1* known from Tested. The first Haplo was an Irishman who Tested in 2012, and I Tested the following Year. Now, another one has come to light, but it's not a living person, but rather was found in the Archaeological DNA of an Ancient Man in what is now Hungary. So we have Basal J2a1* from Ireland, Tuscany, and Hungary. Out of all three, my Haplotype is still the most Archaic, and the TMRCA between myself and the Irishman was judged to be the late Mesolithic - early Neolithic. Facts about J2a1* is that it is Paleolithic native European, but from where it originated we still don't know. One theory is the Italian Refugium, due to where the other Samples are showing up, and their relation to mine which is the oldest, but more time shall tell.

23andMe Results:
    24% Italian
    15% French/German
    11% British/Irish
    2% Iberian
    Rest is Broadly Northwestern European, Broadly Southern European, and Broadly European

These Results are very good given my known Ancestry. I have not Tested either Parent, so don't know where the mysterious Iberian came from, although I'm Sharing those Segments on the same Chromosome with British people.

GEDmatch Eurogenes Results:
    1 Population Approximation: French
    1 Population Approximation: North Italian
    2 Populations Approximation: 50% Tuscan + 50% West German
    2 Populations Approximation: 50% Italy_Abruzzo & 50% Southwest English

All obviously very good.

DNA.Land Results:
    39% Italian
    35% North Central European
    6% Southwestern European
    5% Med Islander
    3% Ashkenazi Jewish
    Rest is Ambiguous European with Traces of North Slavic and Caucasian

Pretty good, but the Med Islander and Ashkenazi are obviously because the Company lumps Southern Italy into it's Med Islander Reference, and since that and Ashkenazi are the next closest related populations to my South Italian DNA, I get those. The North Slavic, in their References, isn't actually necessarily "Slavic", it includes the whole Baltic Area, from which much of my Anglo-Saxon Ancestry would have come, to that's reasonable. The Caucsasian, who knows, probably a Metal Ages or Neolithic Genetic Affinity in my DNA. The Southwest Euro is consistent with my having old Iberian Admixture Note, that on all measures I'm always consistently 0% Greek and or Balkan. Now we get to this craziness.

MyHeritage Results:
    32% GREEK!!!!!!!!!!
    25% IRISH/SCOTTISH/WELSH!!!!!!!!
    25% SCANDINAVIAN!!!!!!!!
    5% ITALIAN!!!!!!!!!!
    5% Ashkenazi Jewish
    0% ENGLISH!!!!!!!!
    0% IBERIAN!!!!!!

What in the World is going on here? Really deplorable and contradictory to all other Tests. I understand the quarter "Celtic Countries" and quarter Scandinavia, it detects I have "Celtic Speaking" Ancestors as well as Germanic and other Northwest European ones (my British side), but is incorrectly dividing it up into the really wrong Areas. The 5% Italian is Ridiculous, the Ashkenazi is reflective of the known Genetic Relation between Italy and them, the 0% Iberian isn't really that bad, it's just missing the minor Component, but the Greek is insane. I've learned that to them, "Greek" is actually Greek Islander Samples, and the Mainland is in their "Balkan" Reference, of which I get 0%. The original ANCIENT GREEKS diffused outwards FROM the Balkan Greek Peninsular Mainland. Seems as though they are missing Italian Samples, and due to Prehistoric/Metal Ages/Neolithic Ancestry, they can't tell the difference between South and Central Italy and the Aegean Isles.
    You think yours is bad. My mom comes back 60% Southern European being 50% Greek and only 10% Italian! Even worse, she's some how 13% Irish!! Honestly myheritage is worse than FTDNA, and that's saying something.
    DNA Tribes

Balto - North Slavic 22.4%
    Northwest European 18.8%
    Italian Greek 18.1%
    Persian Jewish 9%
    Iberian 6.3%
    Ashkenazi Jewish 5.9%
    Basque 4.3%
    Sephardic Jewish 4.1%
    Balochi Punjab 3.7%
    Caucasus 2.5%
    Urals 1.3%