Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: P312** (the real deal) (P312+ U152- L21- DF27- DF19- L238- DF99-)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bilge Rat
    Nationality
    U.S. American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FT49882
    mtDNA (M)
    H3ap
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z255
    mtDNA (P)
    HV9a1

United States of America
    Thought I'd mention that FTDNA elected to retest my sample for Z2245 and Z2247 as they had originally tested them as "null" but reported them as "negative" because of IT constraints. From my understanding "null" means that at one point there was a result for a particular SNP then for whatever reason it got deleted from a Y-sequence.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    L21
    mtDNA (M)
    H

The usual isles bias is a real problem as usual. Do we have a list and variance date for DF99

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British-Scandinavian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF99
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a

England Denmark Wales Scotland Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    The usual isles bias is a real problem as usual. Do we have a list and variance date for DF99
    Please see my answer to your question on the DF99 thread.

Despite the enormous British Isles bias, at the moment it appears that DF99 is likely to be much rarer in Britain than on the continent. So far, I am the only British example, though there are likely to be a few more. I expect a few in Scotland and perhaps Wales, but the only likely example I can find in Ireland is from the north of that country and has an English surname.

Netherlands is the only country with multiple examples at present.

But this is all very premature.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldenHind For This Useful Post:

Telfermagne (09-29-2013)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FT79393
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b2b3b

England Scotland Northern Ireland United Kingdom
    My Chromo 2 test results are due in approx. 3 weeks. Prof Jim W thought that I would almost certainly be L624+, due to others of my surname being DF27- & L624+.
    Can't wait!
    Cheers,
    Bob

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FT79393
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b2b3b

Telfermagne may be interested in this:

A William de Re(e)dness settled in Cumberland. Reedness is 11 miles north east of Hatfield. It's close to several Flemish hot-beds: Holderness & North Lincs were filled with Flemings.
    William went by an alias which further indicates his ancestry. William settled in Threapland, Cumberland. That vill is under 3 miles from Torpenhow - a village held by relations of my surname in medieval times.

Telfermagne won't be a blood relation in any sensible timescale, but I feel his ancestors may have been of Flemish stock.

Cheers,

Bob
    Last edited by castle3; 10-08-2013 at 07:03 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to castle3 For This Useful Post:

Telfermagne (10-08-2013)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British-Scandinavian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF99
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a

Has anyone else who has tested P312** besides Telfermagne and Castle3 ordered the Chromo 2 test? I expect their results will help us continue the process of sorting out and eventually eliminating those without a subclade below P312.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bilge Rat
    Nationality
    U.S. American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FT49882
    mtDNA (M)
    H3ap
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z255
    mtDNA (P)
    HV9a1

United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by castle3 View Post
    Telfermagne may be interested in this:

A William de Re(e)dness settled in Cumberland. Reedness is 11 miles north east of Hatfield. It's close to several Flemish hot-beds: Holderness & North Lincs were filled with Flemings.
    William went by an alias which further indicates his ancestry. William settled in Threapland, Cumberland. That vill is under 3 miles from Torpenhow - a village held by relations of my surname in medieval times.

Telfermagne won't be a blood relation in any sensible timescale, but I feel his ancestors may have been of Flemish stock.

Cheers,

Bob
    With Hatfield and the general Doncaster area, some cousins had thought just because our patriarch died in the area that he was born there but, records indicate his birthplace was Whitkirk about 36 miles away. There's some reason to believe that an earlier family location is a few miles away from Whitkirk in Swillington - within the general vicinity of Leeds. And, eventually the family migrated to Whitgift and Blacktoft with Blacktoft being the last location in England for my branch before settlement in Virginia then, there's another branch that I know of that stayed behind and resided in Goole. These later areas ain't far at all from Reedness (Whitgift about 1.2 miles, Blacktoft 16 miles, and Goole 4.6 miles). It wouldn't be impossible for the unrecorded origins to have been in the Reedness area, we're talkin' about 36 miles at the farthest (considering Whitkirk) and I've done about half that distance in foot trips to the liquor store within a day.

I recall readin' about a William de Reedness (1292 AD) son of Robert de Reedness in a debtor document for the Osgoldcross Wapentake in which Whitgift was contained.
    Last edited by Telfermagne; 10-09-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British-Scandinavian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF99
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a

I am very curious how much of the group currently classified as P312** will turn out to be DF99+. In other words, is DF99 the last remaining subclade directly below P312, or are there others yet to be identified? I can't even hazard an educated guess at the answer.

I have found several very distinct STR clusters within the P312** group, and they do not appear to have any connection. One of these clusters appears likely to be DF99, but I really can't say about the others. Do these represent different subclades below P312, or are they merely different varities of DF99? The SNP appears to be both old and widespread enough that it could well have very different STR clusters and different geographical groups within it, rather like DF27.

Castle3 above indicates he believes he will be positive for L624. If so, is this SNP below DF99 or parallel to it? His Chromo 2 test results will hopefully provide the answer.

There is another person on the P312** list who got a positive result with Geno 2.0 for CTS4528, and at least one other P312** individual did not. Could this define another subclade below P312, or another branch of the DF99 tree? CTS4528 seems be rather mysterious.

Unfortunately FTDNA is still not offering DF99. BritainsDNA and FullGenomes are currently the only companies I am aware of where one can test for it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenHind For This Useful Post:

jdean (10-10-2013),  Telfermagne (10-12-2013)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FT79393
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b2b3b

Prof JW said that L624+ was found in under 1% of the British population, so it'll be interesting to see whereabouts in the world other positive testees hail from. The results for DF99 are eagerly awaited, too.
    I wonder what the implications will be for sites such as this as we all break off into ever smaller subclades? Will people still be interested in the broader view, or will the majority focus entirely on their own group?

Legacy Account
    Sex
    Nationality
    British
    mtDNA (M)
    H

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by castle3 View Post
    Prof JW
    Do you mean Dr Jim Wilson? http://www.cphs.mvm.ed.ac.uk/people/...ofile=jwilson7

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast