Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: 23andme v5 DF27 SNPs

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,465
    Sex

    23andme v5 DF27 SNPs

    Someone sent me a v5 file yesterday. I converted the Y-DNA SNPs that have a call then I pulled just the SNPs that are P310 and below. I set the filter to just show SNPs that have include the DF27 ISOGG 2017 longhand name of R1b1a1a2a1a2a.

    These are the DF27 SNPs with a call included in the 23andme v5 raw data.

    Z272
    Z220/S356
    S1217/Z295
    Z278/S181
    Z214/S348
    S1221/CTS4065/Z2355
    DF17/S455
    SRY2627/M167
    S68/L165
    CTS4188
    L617
    L881
    A432


    I attached the spreadsheet that I had created so that the other included information can be seen. I am looking forward to seeing people positive for the above SNPs showing up at 23andme in the future. Hopefully 23andme allows for an upgrade in the future. That way people that don't want to, or can't, test elsewhere are able to see if they are positive for any of them.


    P312 and Z195 aren't tested but the following are so many of the people that show "terminal" for P310 or P311 at 23andme are even more likely to be positive for DF27 than people that currently show 'terminal" for R-L51.

    U152
    L2
    L21
    L238
    DF19
    DF88
    DF99
    U106
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

     ajc347 (08-21-2017),  gogogenes (08-18-2017),  gotten (08-27-2017),  haynz79 (08-18-2017),  MacUalraig (08-21-2017),  Nibelung (08-18-2017),  Rafe (08-18-2017),  razyn (08-18-2017),  sktibo (08-21-2017)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,465
    Sex

    I had some time today to pull data from Alex Williamson's BigTree to get an idea of what percentage of DF27 people will get a DF27 subclade through 23andme v5 and which percentage won't. There are currently 767 people in the BigTree that are positive for DF27. There are 329 people that are positive for the DF27 SNPs tested by 23andme which is almost 43%. So likely there will be more than about 57% of the testers at 23andme that should be in a subclade of DF27 that will be given a "terminal" SNP of P310 or P311.

    These are the counts:
    DF27 767
    Z272 148
    SRY2627 74
    L165 42
    CTS4188 26
    L617 10
    L881 8
    A432 21

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

     sktibo (08-21-2017)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,504
    Sex
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmandoR1b View Post
    Someone sent me a v5 file yesterday. I converted the Y-DNA SNPs that have a call then I pulled just the SNPs that are P310 and below. I set the filter to just show SNPs that have include the DF27 ISOGG 2017 longhand name of R1b1a1a2a1a2a.

    These are the DF27 SNPs with a call included in the 23andme v5 raw data.

    Z272
    Z220/S356
    S1217/Z295
    Z278/S181
    Z214/S348
    S1221/CTS4065/Z2355
    DF17/S455
    SRY2627/M167
    S68/L165
    CTS4188
    L617
    L881
    A432


    I attached the spreadsheet that I had created so that the other included information can be seen. I am looking forward to seeing people positive for the above SNPs showing up at 23andme in the future. Hopefully 23andme allows for an upgrade in the future. That way people that don't want to, or can't, test elsewhere are able to see if they are positive for any of them.


    P312 and Z195 aren't tested but the following are so many of the people that show "terminal" for P310 or P311 at 23andme are even more likely to be positive for DF27 than people that currently show 'terminal" for R-L51.

    U152
    L2
    L21
    L238
    DF19
    DF88
    DF99
    U106
    Is it possible to post the entire list of SNPs, or share it some other way?
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019, Chronomics Jan 2020, Sano Genetics Feb 2020, Nebula Genomics June 2020)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A------ (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,465
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by MacUalraig View Post
    Is it possible to post the entire list of SNPs, or share it some other way?
    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...-v5-Y-DNA-SNPs

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ArmandoR1b For This Useful Post:

     MacUalraig (08-22-2017)

  8. #5
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b->DF27->SRY2627
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

    United States of America Netherlands England Ireland Sweden Scotland
    23andme tells me R-P311 but I've got the two SRY2627/M167 SNPs it tests for.

  9. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,465
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by djp5 View Post
    23andme tells me R-P311 but I've got the two SRY2627/M167 SNPs it tests for.
    Do you have G or A for i3000043 and i701489? You should have G.

    Both i3000043 and i701489 are actually for the same SNP since it is the same position of 2658271.

  10. #7
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b->DF27->SRY2627
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

    United States of America Netherlands England Ireland Sweden Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmandoR1b View Post
    Do you have G or A for i3000043 and i701489? You should have G.

    Both i3000043 and i701489 are actually for the same SNP since it is the same position of 2658271.
    Your spreadsheet has A for the derived value. I have A.

  11. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    2,465
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by djp5 View Post
    Your spreadsheet has A for the derived value. I have A.
    Yes it does and so does the Ybrowse site at http://ybrowse.org/gb2/gbrowse/chrY/?

    There are people with v4 testing that show positive for SRY2627 at 23andme so I wonder why 23andme isn't showing you positive for that SNP. I hope that they fix the problem soon. Have you contacted 23andme about the problem?

  12. #9
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b->DF27->SRY2627
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

    United States of America Netherlands England Ireland Sweden Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmandoR1b View Post
    There are people with v4 testing that show positive for SRY2627 at 23andme so I wonder why 23andme isn't showing you positive for that SNP. I hope that they fix the problem soon. Have you contacted 23andme about the problem?
    Thanks. I didn't know that about v4. I will let them know about this.

  13. #10
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b->DF27->SRY2627
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

    United States of America Netherlands England Ireland Sweden Scotland
    23andme's non-responsive response:

    Thank you for contacting the 23andMe Team. We do not have any additional information beyond the history provided in the Haplogroups report in your 23andMe account.

    You may be able to find additional information through resources outside of 23andMe, though we cannot validate the accuracy of that information.

    The 23andMe Forums can be a good resource for additional information. You can access community topics related to your haplogroup by going to your Tools and clicking on Forums.

    Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New DF27 SNPs and subclades
    By Gray Fox in forum R1b-DF27
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 06-24-2018, 01:11 AM
  2. 23andme v5 Y-DNA SNPs
    By ArmandoR1b in forum 23andMe
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2017, 07:13 AM
  3. How many SNPs does 23andme test under E1b1b?
    By RedBlazedNugguts in forum 23andMe
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2017, 10:39 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2016, 10:28 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •