Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Compare your Livingdna YDNA haplogroup with 23andme, Ftdna, and Geno 2.0.

Registered Users
    Sex

Okay, I'll think about getting J1 superclade since that is my Paternal cousin's haplogroup. But after I get Livingdna results.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British, Jewish, etc.
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-M253
    mtDNA (M)
    H3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z93 or I-L233?
    mtDNA (P)
    J1c

United States of America Scotland Ireland England Star of David
    I don't know too much about all of the really precise dna haplogroup categories. I know that 23andme gave me H3 for maternal. My dad originally got I1* for his paternal group and it was recently updated to I-M253. For Living DNA they show me as being just H for maternal haplogroup.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

moved to another thread
    Last edited by Fungene; 01-08-2018 at 02:15 AM. Reason: moving to another thread

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ingrian + Russian
    Nationality
    Swedish, Russian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b1-Z92
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c3k

Finland Russian Federation Sweden
    Well, I have done FTDNA, Ancestry, LivingDNA and WGS.
    As FTDNA presents my results on Y-111, so I am R-M198 and that is really nothing for a prediction based on 111 markers. By joining several projects I have got a prediction on YP5611 and a recommendation to do BigY.
    The interpretation from LivingDNA has placed me in R-Z92, that is much better placement than R-M198. But LivingDNA has no match list, so it is not so helpful.
    My WGS is submitted to Yfull and is being analysed now. Their preliminary prediction is also R-YP5611.
    So, the LivingDNA test is a decent introductory test, but you can get more help in FTDNA projects if you do Y-111 or Y-67. In the future you will have to do BigY, Y-Elite or WGS anyway, I think.

I would still recommend FTDNA since you can get a list with your Y-matches. If it is like researching with suspected relatives and trying to sort out wrong guesses, than it is ok with LivingDNA. You can get quite decent information in Y-subclades, some autosomal results and mt-haplogroup. If not finding some interesting results for you, you give the testing person a good start for the family research.

PS My mtDNA-haplogroup is exactly the same at FTDNA and LivingDNA.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Z92>YP682>Y60295
    mtDNA (M)
    H1n-T146C!

United States of America Lithuania England Netherlands Ireland Germany
    23andme: R-M417 (very broad Eastern European-ish haplogroup)
    Living DNA: Z-92 (Baltic/Eastern Euro subclade of R-M417)
    FTDNA: YP-682 (Baltic/Eastern Euro subclade of Z-92). Obtained via Y-111 and Big Y testing, both of which proved to be huge wastes of money and time on my part. I should have done the Y-67 and stopped there. Too greedy for knowledge on my part. Live and learn I guess.
    The more I learn about this DNA stuff the less I know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123