Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: R-Y4364

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y4364
    mtDNA (M)
    U5

    England Ireland Russia Imperial Spain Norway Israel

    R-Y4364

    I've had the z2103 test done at familytree. I've been categorized as r-y4364. I'm a newbie to most of this. Does anyone have info on R-Y4364?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to brianalt For This Useful Post:

     Joe B (08-31-2017)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,160
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-A14097
    mtDNA (M)
    (t.b.d.)
    Y-DNA (M)
    (t.b.d.)
    mtDNA (P)
    J1c3

    Canada Netherlands United Kingdom Ireland Cornwall France
    Quote Originally Posted by brianalt View Post
    I've had the z2103 test done at familytree. I've been categorized as r-y4364. I'm a newbie to most of this. Does anyone have info on R-Y4364?
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y4364/

    A fair number of people belonging to downstream clades of Y4364 are from Armenia.

    According to some sources R-Z2103 or atleast it's predecessor R-L23 have some sort of connection to the Yamna (Yamnaya) culture, perhaps?

    Here is an older thread on the subject of the enigma that was (still is?) R-Z2103:
    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...Western-Europe

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spruithean For This Useful Post:

     brianalt (09-01-2017),  Joe B (08-31-2017),  Principe (09-01-2017)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    896
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2103>Y14416

    Hi Brian,
    Y4364 is a SNP from the same phylogenetic bloc that L277 sits. Y4364 is a much more reliable SNP for testing. R1b-Y4364, L277 is found from the Indian Subcontinent to Western Europe in diffuse numbers. There are a couple of populations with increased R1b-Y4364 numbers such as Armenians and Ashkenazi Jews. That doesn't mean R1b-Y4364 originated in those populations.
    Yours is an interesting haplotype with no close STR matches. You've tested negative for most R1b-Y4364 downstream branches. The BY13762 branch was not tested. If you can, order a NGS test like the Big Y or Y-Elite. That way, the SNPs defining your branch can be discovered. It would help develop the R1b-Y4364, L277 area of the phylogenetic tree.
    Last edited by Joe B; 08-31-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    YFull R1b-M269>L23>Z2103>Z2106>Z2108>Y14512>Y20971>Y22199, ISOGG R1b1a1a2a2c1b Y14416, FTDNA R-M64

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe B For This Useful Post:

     brianalt (09-01-2017),  Mis (09-01-2017)

  7. #4
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y4364
    mtDNA (M)
    U5

    England Ireland Russia Imperial Spain Norway Israel

    Thanks

    Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. My family history has always been a mystery.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to brianalt For This Useful Post:

     Joe B (09-01-2017)

  9. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    896
    Sex
    Location
    California
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2103>Y14416

    Thanks Brian. You're a good example of what lgmayka and I were talking about, increasing your STRs at this point would be fruitless. The only next best step is a NGS test like Big Y or Y-Elite. That way, your SNP mutations can be mapped from Y chromosome Adam to yourself. Family mysteries are not unusual for the R1b-Z2103 haplogroup. You have an unusual R1b-Y4364, L277 haplotype for Poland.
    Last edited by Joe B; 09-01-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    YFull R1b-M269>L23>Z2103>Z2106>Z2108>Y14512>Y20971>Y22199, ISOGG R1b1a1a2a2c1b Y14416, FTDNA R-M64

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe B For This Useful Post:

     lgmayka (09-01-2017),  Mis (09-01-2017)

  11. #6
    Junior Member
    Posts
    1
    Sex
    Location
    Texas
    Ethnicity
    Italian/Irish
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y4364

    Italy Ireland
    I am also y-4364, my paternal line is Italian (Abruzzo) is there any likelihood that my haplotype is Etruscan in origin?

  12. #7
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y4364
    mtDNA (M)
    U5

    England Ireland Russia Imperial Spain Norway Israel
    I've now had the Big Y-700 test done. I'm still trying to understand what exactly was uncovered with this test. I don't have any matches.


    My results were as follows:


    R-Z2103>R-M12149>R-Y4362>R-Y4364


    Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

  13. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,220
    Sex
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

    Quote Originally Posted by brianalt View Post
    I've now had the Big Y-700 test done. I'm still trying to understand what exactly was uncovered with this test. I don't have any matches.


    My results were as follows:


    R-Z2103>R-M12149>R-Y4362>R-Y4364


    Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.
    Download your BAM file and submit it to YFull for analysis and tree placement (as well as match contacting). That sounds a bit high level as a final result?
    unless you are negative for all the sub-branches here:

    https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y4364/
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019) - further WGS tests pending ;-)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A828783 (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MacUalraig For This Useful Post:

     palamede (03-30-2019)

  15. #9
    Junior Member
    Posts
    1
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    Hi Brian,
    Y4364 is a SNP from the same phylogenetic bloc that L277 sits. Y4364 is a much more reliable SNP for testing. R1b-Y4364, L277 is found from the Indian Subcontinent to Western Europe in diffuse numbers. There are a couple of populations with increased R1b-Y4364 numbers such as Armenians and Ashkenazi Jews. That doesn't mean R1b-Y4364 originated in those populations.
    Yours is an interesting haplotype with no close STR matches. You've tested negative for most R1b-Y4364 downstream branches. The BY13762 branch was not tested. If you can, order a NGS test like the Big Y or Y-Elite. That way, the SNPs defining your branch can be discovered. It would help develop the R1b-Y4364, L277 area of the phylogenetic tree.
    You can order the downstream SNP of Y4364 from the M269 tree line, without ordering the big or elite Y. Each SNP would cost you $39 with FTDNA. But Y4364 maybe the end road for some. In most cases it won’t go any further than Y4364, regardless what you order. Big-Y is not to search the downstream of your final haplotype, but to find distant relatives. You could order elite Y, still need to order the SNP of the main haplogroup, then subclades in order to get down to your final haplotype. R1b/M269 is the haplogroup, Z2103 is the subclade, Y4364 is the haplotype.

  16. #10
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y4364
    mtDNA (M)
    U5

    England Ireland Russia Imperial Spain Norway Israel

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by alex4carmen View Post
    You can order the downstream SNP of Y4364 from the M269 tree line, without ordering the big or elite Y. Each SNP would cost you $39 with FTDNA. But Y4364 maybe the end road for some. In most cases it won’t go any further than Y4364, regardless what you order. Big-Y is not to search the downstream of your final haplotype, but to find distant relatives. You could order elite Y, still need to order the SNP of the main haplogroup, then subclades in order to get down to your final haplotype. R1b/M269 is the haplogroup, Z2103 is the subclade, Y4364 is the haplotype.
    Thanks for your assistance with this. All a big mystery to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •