Thread: Any resource for GEDmatch kit numbers from Central or South Asia?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1

Canada Quebec United Kingdom Ireland Finland

Any resource for GEDmatch kit numbers from Central or South Asia?

I know people post their kits numbers on some forums and I have been digging to try and get a few sets from this region. Just curious if anyone knows of a place where some have been listed?

The reason I am asking is I have some increasingly solid indications that I have some central or south asian ancestry, but it likely goes just a bit too far back to find by paper trail (though I hold out some hope). I wanted to do some one-to-one comparisons on GEDmatch with people from those regions to see if I get more hints of matches from any particular region.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1

Canada Quebec United Kingdom Ireland Finland
    I have managed to scrape up a few kit numbers. So far I do get some distant matches with people from India, Pakistan and Afghanistan where in comparison to kits from groups that I can be pretty sure I do not have ancestry with have zero matches. But the number of kits I can find are just too few to say a whole lot. If anyone has a suggestion on where to find more it would be most appreciated.

Or, alternatively I would be happy to let someone check my kit number (M108553) against themselves. I've been using 3cM and 500 SNP as the threshold just to try and catch anything that goes back that far. Obviously I am hoping to find hits that are stringer and have found some but figure casting a wide net and weeding the results down is a good approach.