Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dad's Geno 2.0 Results Finally (U152 & H7)

Administrator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Korean & Anglo-American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U-152
    mtDNA (M)
    B4a
    mtDNA (P)
    H7

United States of America Sweden South Korea United Kingdom

Dad's Geno 2.0 Results Finally (U152 & H7)

I got this kit, and asked my dad to do a cheek swab sample, because I wanted the data for his R1b U152.

First reference population: British (United Kingdom)

Second reference population: Danish

mtDNA: H7

"BRANCH: H7
    LOCATION OF ORIGIN: WEST ASIA
    Over time, many from this lineage have traveled into Europe and, in smaller numbers, into South Asia.

Today, this lineage is present most often in Romania, where it is about 7 percent of the population. It is around 5 percent of maternal lineages in Slovakia, Croatia, and Armenia. It is also part of some Jewish Diaspora groups."

Y-DNA: U152

BRANCH: U152
    From their homeland, members of this lineage have traveled to Europe and North Africa.

Today, this line has its highest frequencies in Belgium (11 percent), Liechtenstein (33 percent), and Switzerland (11 percent). It is 6 to 7 percent of male lineages in France and about 6 percent of male lineages in Germany. Geneticists have found it at trace frequencies of less than 1 percent across West Asia, including in Iraq and Lebanon. Multiple lineages in Jewish Diaspora populations descend from this line.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scarlet Ibis For This Useful Post:

AJL (08-09-2013),  Clinton P (08-09-2013),  DMXX (08-08-2013),  NK19191 (01-15-2014),  rms2 (01-10-2014),  Solothurn (12-17-2013)

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA (M)
    D4j5*

Any ideas about the slightly elevated Mediterranean? F.ex. are there any past whispers of South European ancestry in your father's family?

Administrator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Korean & Anglo-American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U-152
    mtDNA (M)
    B4a
    mtDNA (P)
    H7

Quote Originally Posted by DMXX View Post
    Any ideas about the slightly elevated Mediterranean? F.ex. are there any past whispers of South European ancestry in your father's family?

I have no idea, to be honest. My dad does have some minor continental admixture, but I did a little digging around for English results. I hope they don't mind my sharing, but Quotablepatella, and Solothurn both look similar to my dad. Quotablepatella got 37% Mediterranean, and Solothurn got 37% Mediterranean. It might be worth noting that Quotablepatella is listed as a relative on 23andme, though.

By the way, didn't you have an issue with your Geno 2.0 admix proportions being more similar to a different population than the top one they gave you on your results page?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scarlet Ibis For This Useful Post:

Stephen1986 (01-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Ibis View Post
    I got this kit, and asked my dad to do a cheek swab sample, because I wanted the data for his R1b U152.

First reference population: British (United Kingdom)

Second reference population: Danish

mtDNA: H7

"BRANCH: H7
    Over time, many from this lineage have traveled into Europe and, in smaller numbers, into South Asia.

Today, this lineage is present most often in Romania, where it is about 7 percent of the population. It is around 5 percent of maternal lineages in Slovakia, Croatia, and Armenia. It is also part of some Jewish Diaspora groups."

Y-DNA: U152

BRANCH: U152
    From their homeland, members of this lineage have traveled to Europe and North Africa.

Today, this line has its highest frequencies in Belgium (11 percent), Liechtenstein (33 percent), and Switzerland (11 percent). It is 6 to 7 percent of male lineages in France and about 6 percent of male lineages in Germany. Geneticists have found it at trace frequencies of less than 1 percent across West Asia, including in Iraq and Lebanon. Multiple lineages in Jewish Diaspora populations descend from this line.
    Are they serious about putting U152's origins in West Asia or is the location of origin only referring to M269?

Administrator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Korean & Anglo-American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U-152
    mtDNA (M)
    B4a
    mtDNA (P)
    H7

I believe they're referring to m343, actually. I'll post a screen shot of what they said in the results page when I'm not on a tablet.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    Euromutt
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152: A9024/BY3644
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c3b 'Helga'

England Wales Scotland Ireland European Union
    Hi

Being another Geno U152** you will be looking forward to the 11 ** Big Y results!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Ibis View Post
    I have no idea, to be honest. My dad does have some minor continental admixture, but I did a little digging around for English results. I hope they don't mind my sharing, but Quotablepatella, and Solothurn both look similar to my dad. Quotablepatella got 37% Mediterranean, and Solothurn got 37% Mediterranean. It might be worth noting that Quotablepatella is listed as a relative on 23andme, though.

By the way, didn't you have an issue with your Geno 2.0 admix proportions being more similar to a different population than the top one they gave you on your results page?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Solothurn For This Useful Post:

Scarlet Ibis (12-17-2013)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    I bought a Geno 2.0 kit for my dad. The test went to 80% complete back on 03 December, but I am still waiting for the results. When I wrote the NatGeo folks just before Christmas, they told me that my dad's test was proceeding normally, with results expected between 18 December 2013 and 15 January 2014. Still waiting.

I hate waiting. That is the worst thing about genetic genealogy. I hope someday the technology improves to the point where turnaround is a week at the most.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

Scarlet Ibis (01-10-2014)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152>L2>Z49>Z142>
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bt
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a2a1b2a1b1>Y4925
    mtDNA (P)
    H37

England Scotland Wales Germany Northern Ireland Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by rms2 View Post
    Still waiting.

I hate waiting. That is the worst thing about genetic genealogy. I hope someday the technology improves to the point where turnaround is a week at the most.
    I hear you, but I remind myself that it takes me longer to spend money this way
    Y DNA line continued: Z142>Z12222>FGC12378>FGC12401>FGC12384
    37% English, 26% Scot/Ulster Scot, 14% Welsh, 14% German, 3% Ireland, 3% Nordic, 2% French/Dutch, 1% India
    Hidden Content

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MitchellSince1893 For This Useful Post:

rms2 (01-10-2014),  Scarlet Ibis (01-10-2014)

Administrator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Korean & Anglo-American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U-152
    mtDNA (M)
    B4a
    mtDNA (P)
    H7

Quote Originally Posted by rms2 View Post
    I bought a Geno 2.0 kit for my dad. The test went to 80% complete back on 03 December, but I am still waiting for the results. When I wrote the NatGeo folks just before Christmas, they told me that my dad's test was proceeding normally, with results expected between 18 December 2013 and 15 January 2014. Still waiting.

It's been a while since I got this test done, but I think it took a little over a month to get the results back.

I think that, as a general rule of thumb, the holiday months are a bad time to get these tests. I suspect it has to do with Christmas presents, and sale prices overloading the labs a bit.

I can commiserate with people about long wait times, though. I currently have an AncestryDNA kit for my dad that's been processing since December 10th. AncestryDNA used to have a typical turnaround time of about 2 weeks, but there's some kind of issue going on right now. I wasn't worried about it before, but I DID get concerned after I googled, and saw where other people are obviously having the same issue. http://ancestryforums.custhelp.com/p...Id=16066#16066

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Scarlet Ibis For This Useful Post:

rms2 (01-10-2014)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-Z253>BY93500
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1a

Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    I think what you said about the holidays is right. I will try to be patient and hope that what Clint M of NatGeo told me is correct, and my dad's results will be in by 15 January . . . of this year.

In the meantime, I will continue to drive myself nuts by checking the Geno 2.0 web site several times a day, watching that arrow go to 80%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast