Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Japanese have the highest life expectancy in the world

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Maybe less estrogen and more progesterone plays a role.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Slips For This Useful Post:

J-Live (07-30-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopopsmonkey View Post
    Could this be attributed to Hara hachi bun me - a Confucian teaching that instructs people to eat until they are 80 percent full
    That's not bad deduction at all. Yet, I think it only addresses one half of the eating problem we now face: (i) we eat a lot, and (ii) a lot of what we eat happens to be unhealthy. That's a terrible combination. For the young, obesity and diabetes are perhaps the two most dangerous comorbidities to have today (with the Covid-19 pandemic still raging). Boris Johnson has now made room for regulating junk food ads to promote general health. This move came in the aftermath of his successful but difficult battle with Covid. Let's not forget that health advocates were calling for similar measures long before Mr. Johnson went through the ordeal of recovery. In the US, we need to rethink how we approach our performance on health and goodness of life indicators. We may perform better than countries typically known for poor standards of life, but that's not something to celebrate. Asking people to watch what they eat is tricky business too. So it's a delicate issue really. One good way of addressing this issue is the perspective of Food Ethics. It doesn't preach vegetarianism or veganism or any other diet. It's not a rally against meat-eating either. It is simply a way of looking critically at food -- where does it come from, how is it made, how does it affect me as a consumer. Some sociologists argue that popular discussions about food are subsumed by the hospitality and leisure discourse. Food is a form of enjoyment, it sure is. But it's also more than that. By all means let's enjoy food, but let's also be conscientious and mindful. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Umiole View Post
    They have a very healthy culture of food. Basics are fish, rice, good quality meat, miso soup and green tea (cold of hot). Also they eat small portions and they have so called bento boxes for lunch which is a very balanced meal.
    Eating small portions could be beneficial for their digestive system. There are a lot of benefits of eating a balanced diet including healthy body weight, better sleep, and high energy. It requires determination and struggle to develop the habit of eating that balanced diet.

Registered Users
    Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e

Vatican United States of America United States Gadsden
    Average life expectancy is the best time to check out.
    From what I have seen, being a super - ager is not all it’s cracked up to be.
    Everyone eventually will have a date with death.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceribell For This Useful Post:

J-Live (07-30-2021),  parasar (07-30-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

in my opinion anything more than 60yr is not necessarily..

Registered Users
    Nationality
    Brazilian

Brazilian Empire Brazil
    Okinawans in particular seem to have the highest, out of the Japanese. Many attribute it to their diet:

The Okinawa Diet is becoming more well-known and is being explored for its vast health benefits. The diet stems from people who live in Okinawa, which is an island located off of the coast of Japan between east China and the Philippine Seas. It is the largest of the Ryukyu Islands and is one of the five regions of the world known as a Blue Zone.

People who live in Blue Zones tend to live exceptionally long and healthy lives when compared to the rest of the world’s population. The main contributor to that is the diet they consume.
    https://podcasts.bcast.fm/e/mqn0q3w8
    Last edited by Piquerobi; 08-04-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123