Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Chinese L1029

  1. #21
    Banned
    Posts
    1,412
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b-L283>PH1751
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Webb View Post
    I found this website linking several studies of the Uygur's:

    http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/uygurs.html

    If you scroll down the page there is a list of Haplogroup percentages. R1a appears very high.
    It doesn't mention the clade. Also, I thought the overwhelming majority of Uygur R1a was Z93?

    The page doesn't mention the L1029.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dibran For This Useful Post:

     leonardo (07-03-2019),  Waldemar (07-03-2019)

  3. #22
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,375
    Sex
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ethnicity
    100% European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    DF27>Z195>FGC23196
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a1a2a

    United States of America United Kingdom Germany Ireland Scotland Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    It doesn't mention the clade. Also, I thought the overwhelming majority of Uygur R1a was Z93?

    The page doesn't mention the L1029.
    I just did a google search of R1a in China and that was the first site that came up.

  4. #23
    Registered Users
    Posts
    893
    Ethnicity
    Venetharum natio populosa
    Nationality
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L1029>YP263>Y2912*
    mtDNA (M)
    H141,U5a1b1j(W)

    Poland Poland Pomerania
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    overwhelming majority of Uygur R1a was Z93
    Correct.

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Waldemar For This Useful Post:

     Artmar (07-03-2019),  Dibran (07-03-2019),  leonardo (07-03-2019),  Tomenable (07-03-2019),  VytautusofAukstaitija (07-08-2019)

  6. #24
    Banned
    Posts
    1,412
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b-L283>PH1751
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldemar View Post
    Correct.
    Was there any records of Slavs/Germans going and settling in China?

    Per my understanding the Hui peoples are mainly of mixed, Mongol, Turkic, and Iranian origin. My only guess would be is either some L1029 was assimilated quite early by some Turkic groups, or Slavs/Germans bearing L1029 either joined Turkic tribes as soldiers or were taken as slaves there by the Mongols(can't find anything on that end with how it connects to Hui).

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dibran For This Useful Post:

     VytautusofAukstaitija (07-08-2019)

  8. #25
    Banned
    Posts
    1,412
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b-L283>PH1751
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    I just had the second Chinese L1029 added to my SNP matches. I presumably share more snps with the newer Chinese sample. They both appear to be under the same clade.

  9. #26
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4
    Location
    Beijing, China
    Ethnicity
    Chinese
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029-FGC66325
    mtDNA (M)
    D5a2a

    China
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Was there any records of Slavs/Germans going and settling in China?

    Per my understanding the Hui peoples are mainly of mixed, Mongol, Turkic, and Iranian origin. My only guess would be is either some L1029 was assimilated quite early by some Turkic groups, or Slavs/Germans bearing L1029 either joined Turkic tribes as soldiers or were taken as slaves there by the Mongols(can't find anything on that end with how it connects to Hui).
    Yes, there were records of Slavs/Germans going to China in the Mongol Empire period, when Semu caste, a major source of late Hui, was defined to differentiate it from other East Asian ethnic group. There were Muslim, Jewish, Nestorian, Christian, Manichaean, Zoroastrian in the Semu caste but later some of they were Islamized to come into a new group, muslim Hui, in the subsequent Ming dynasty.

    According to The Mongol Conquests in World History by Timothy May, there were German/Polish gold miners captured in the battle of Legnica and then transferred to a place near China in 1250s.

    After the Mongol victory at Liegnitz over a combined army of Poles, Teutonic Knights and others, a Mongol prince, Büri, took prisoners. Among them was a sizeable contingent of German gold miners. These prisoners of war spent the rest of their lives in central Asia, where they worked on behalf of Büriís court near Talas, approximately 270 km (170 miles) northeast of modern Tashkent. The Mongol invasions of the Khwarazmian Empire yielded thousands of artisans with technical skills. Although we should not take for granted Rashid al-Dinís assessment that the Mongols moved 100,000 artisans to the lands of the east (bilad-i sharqi), there is little doubt that thousands did move.

    A possible scenario that the descendant of these prison miners were Islamized (by marriage) in Central Asia, and then entered into China with Mongol army in 1270s.

    YF63963 and YF10484(myself) will form a new subclade under FGC66333, as we share 3 more previously private SNPs. I estimated the TMRCA of these two samples is 600 - 700ybp. The STR distance is 7/484, very close.

    Another interesting sample in this batch is YF64015, I1-Y18697*, he is also a Hui from China.

  10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to white2k For This Useful Post:

     Artmar (07-13-2019),  Coldmountains (08-01-2019),  Dibran (07-08-2019),  leonardo (07-08-2019),  lgmayka (07-08-2019),  palamede (07-10-2019),  Pribislav (07-08-2019),  VytautusofAukstaitija (07-08-2019),  Waldemar (07-08-2019)

  11. #27
    Banned
    Posts
    1,412
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b-L283>PH1751
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by white2k View Post
    Yes, there were records of Slavs/Germans going to China in the Mongol Empire period, when Semu caste, a major source of late Hui, was defined to differentiate it from other East Asian ethnic group. There were Muslim, Jewish, Nestorian, Christian, Manichaean, Zoroastrian in the Semu caste but later some of they were Islamized to come into a new group, muslim Hui, in the subsequent Ming dynasty.

    According to The Mongol Conquests in World History by Timothy May, there were German/Polish gold miners captured in the battle of Legnica and then transferred to a place near China in 1250s.

    After the Mongol victory at Liegnitz over a combined army of Poles, Teutonic Knights and others, a Mongol prince, Büri, took prisoners. Among them was a sizeable contingent of German gold miners. These prisoners of war spent the rest of their lives in central Asia, where they worked on behalf of Büri’s court near Talas, approximately 270 km (170 miles) northeast of modern Tashkent. The Mongol invasions of the Khwarazmian Empire yielded thousands of artisans with technical skills. Although we should not take for granted Rashid al-Din’s assessment that the Mongols moved 100,000 artisans to the lands of the east (bilad-i sharqi), there is little doubt that thousands did move.

    A possible scenario that the descendant of these prison miners were Islamized (by marriage) in Central Asia, and then entered into China with Mongol army in 1270s.

    YF63963 and YF10484(myself) will form a new subclade under FGC66333, as we share 3 more previously private SNPs. I estimated the TMRCA of these two samples is 600 - 700ybp. The STR distance is 7/484, very close.

    Another interesting sample in this batch is YF64015, I1-Y18697*, he is also a Hui from China.
    Interesting. Never heard of that. Also, looks like that TMRCA between you and he roughly lines up with the time-frame of those relocated prisoners/miners/artisans etc.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dibran For This Useful Post:

     leonardo (07-08-2019)

  13. #28
    Registered Users
    Posts
    893
    Ethnicity
    Venetharum natio populosa
    Nationality
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L1029>YP263>Y2912*
    mtDNA (M)
    H141,U5a1b1j(W)

    Poland Poland Pomerania

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Waldemar For This Useful Post:

     leonardo (08-01-2019)

  15. #29
    Registered Users
    Posts
    733
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y20359
    mtDNA (M)
    H1c9a

    Quote Originally Posted by Waldemar View Post
    Is there a way to tell if this is a separate sample, that is from a man unrelated to the other sample or not possibly the same sample upgrading to Big Y-700? As I mentioned in a another thread, YFull creates another sample number for the Big Y-700 sample which gives the appearance of another male tester when, in reality, it is simply the same person as the original tester.

  16. #30
    Registered Users
    Posts
    893
    Ethnicity
    Venetharum natio populosa
    Nationality
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L1029>YP263>Y2912*
    mtDNA (M)
    H141,U5a1b1j(W)

    Poland Poland Pomerania
    Quote Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
    Is there a way to tell if this is a separate sample
    Please read white2k's post above.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Waldemar For This Useful Post:

     leonardo (08-01-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. R1a>M458>L1029
    By Varang in forum R1a-Z283
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-05-2020, 04:49 PM
  2. R1a-M458-L1029*
    By Dibran in forum R1a-Z283
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 09-11-2019, 05:18 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-24-2019, 05:43 PM
  4. L1029 in Britain?
    By Brent.B in forum R1a General
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-17-2016, 08:01 AM
  5. Two more individual SNP tests for R1a-L1029
    By lgmayka in forum R1a-Z283
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •