Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Chinese L1029

  1. #11
    Perhaps an ancient from the Tarim basin mixed with them.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Posts
    1,412
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b-L283>PH1751
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    I had 12 close STR matches on Yfull. They all vanished with the exception of the sample from China. I assume its due to him having the most STRs compared to my own. Doesn't explain why all my matches disappeared. This sample from Beijing seems to be my only STR match at the moment.

  3. #13
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4
    Location
    Beijing, China
    Ethnicity
    Chinese
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029-FGC66325
    mtDNA (M)
    D5a2a

    China
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    I had 12 close STR matches on Yfull. They all vanished with the exception of the sample from China. I assume its due to him having the most STRs compared to my own. Doesn't explain why all my matches disappeared. This sample from Beijing seems to be my only STR match at the moment.
    I have 21 close STR matches on YFull, and I can see the distance between you and me is 0.094 (#9 out of 21 sorted by distance from my side). It's weird that your other matches disappeared, but it could happen, as the close matches always changed.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Posts
    1,412
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b-L283>PH1751
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by white2k View Post
    I have 21 close STR matches on YFull, and I can see the distance between you and me is 0.094 (#9 out of 21 sorted by distance from my side). It's weird that your other matches disappeared, but it could happen, as the close matches always changed.
    Yea. Perhaps they were false matches. I did recently confirm a closer match. Another Albanian and I seem to form our own "Albanian" Sub-Branch under L1029, due to some sort of founder effect I presume.

  5. #15
    Registered Users
    Posts
    893
    Ethnicity
    Venetharum natio populosa
    Nationality
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L1029>YP263>Y2912*
    mtDNA (M)
    H141,U5a1b1j(W)

    Poland Poland Pomerania

  6. #16
    Registered Users
    Posts
    893
    Ethnicity
    Venetharum natio populosa
    Nationality
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L1029>YP263>Y2912*
    mtDNA (M)
    H141,U5a1b1j(W)

    Poland Poland Pomerania

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waldemar For This Useful Post:

     Dibran (07-02-2019),  leonardo (06-27-2019)

  8. #17
    Registered Users
    Posts
    550
    Sex
    Location
    England
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a10a

    United States of America England
    Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region is the home of ethnic Chinese Muslims.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J1 DYS388=13 For This Useful Post:

     Dibran (07-02-2019),  Webb (06-27-2019)

  10. #18
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,375
    Sex
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ethnicity
    100% European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    DF27>Z195>FGC23196
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a1a2a

    United States of America United Kingdom Germany Ireland Scotland Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by J1 DYS388=13 View Post
    Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region is the home of ethnic Chinese Muslims.
    Yes, it is pretty interesting. My wife is Hui from Kaifeng, Henan. She scores around 20% Central Asian. Ningxia isn't too far from Xian, which also has a sizeable Hui population.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Webb For This Useful Post:

     Dibran (07-02-2019)

  12. #19
    Banned
    Posts
    1,412
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b-L283>PH1751
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Was there any records of Slavs/Germans going and settling in China?

    Per my understanding the Hui peoples are mainly of mixed, Mongol, Turkic, and Iranian origin. My only guess would be is either some L1029 was assimilated quite early by some Turkic groups, or Slavs/Germans bearing L1029 either joined Turkic tribes as soldiers or were taken as slaves there by the Mongols(can't find anything on that end with how it connects to Hui).

  13. #20
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,375
    Sex
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ethnicity
    100% European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    DF27>Z195>FGC23196
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a1a2a

    United States of America United Kingdom Germany Ireland Scotland Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Was there any records of Slavs/Germans going and settling in China?

    Per my understanding the Hui peoples are mainly of mixed, Mongol, Turkic, and Iranian origin. My only guess would be is either some L1029 was assimilated quite early by some Turkic groups, or Slavs/Germans bearing L1029 either joined Turkic tribes as soldiers or were taken as slaves there by the Mongols(can't find anything on that end with how it connects to Hui).
    I found this website linking several studies of the Uygur's:

    http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/uygurs.html

    If you scroll down the page there is a list of Haplogroup percentages. R1a appears very high.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Webb For This Useful Post:

     Dibran (07-02-2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. R1a>M458>L1029
    By Varang in forum R1a-Z283
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-05-2020, 04:49 PM
  2. R1a-M458-L1029*
    By Dibran in forum R1a-Z283
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 09-11-2019, 05:18 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-24-2019, 05:43 PM
  4. L1029 in Britain?
    By Brent.B in forum R1a General
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-17-2016, 08:01 AM
  5. Two more individual SNP tests for R1a-L1029
    By lgmayka in forum R1a-Z283
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •