Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Dante Labs (WGS)

Registered Users
    Sex

I'd expect there is much variation in timeline due to various things.
    10th July, late evening - Paid and order confirmed, reported as kit shipped
    18th July - sample confirmed as received; I didn't record the exact day it arrived or picked back up, although coordinating things with the couriers is always a problem
    3th August - Report of DNA extraction
    3th September - asked about the processing time, was told that WGS takes 7-9 weeks instead of the 3-4 weeks for other services that was quoted on their front page
    5th October - received notification results were ready, requested BAM file, which was offered on USB stick only
    11th October - informed that the USB drive was mailed
    12th October - 128GB USB flash drive with the BAM file arrived
    13th October - finished uploading BAM file to AWS overnight (Afterwards I discovered Sequencing.com Big Yotta is free and easier), and submitted it to YFull for analysis
    9th December - YFull analysis complete, along with STR's, and paid up.
    4th January - New YTree with changes, in this case mainly age estimates based on the new sample

180 days total, so patience & perseverance definitely required

Their web-site now says 50 days everywhere, on the front-page and on the WES and WGS product pages. I get it's bit difficult for them with different products, and varying timing. Only the microarray test product page says 3 weeks. That should include DNA extraction, but as can be seen, back when I did my test, DNA extraction took 16 days from when they confirmed sample as received, and sequencing + interpretation 48 days. It's likely they've streamlined things since, but there seems to have been stories of much longer wait-times too. I get that if any stage fails quality-control they have to go back and re-do it though.
    Last edited by Donwulff; 02-10-2018 at 10:50 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donwulff For This Useful Post:

dbm (02-11-2018), karwiso (02-10-2018), Snoozy (02-11-2018)

Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by Donwulff View Post
    I'd expect there is much variation in timeline due to various things.
    10th July, late evening - Paid and order confirmed, reported as kit shipped
    18th July - sample confirmed as received; I didn't record the exact day it arrived or picked back up, although coordinating things with the couriers is always a problem
    3th August - Report of DNA extraction
    3th September - asked about the processing time, was told that WGS takes 7-9 weeks instead of the 3-4 weeks for other services that was quoted on their front page
    5th October - received notification results were ready, requested BAM file, which was offered on USB stick only
    11th October - informed that the USB drive was mailed
    12th October - 128GB USB flash drive with the BAM file arrived
    13th October - finished uploading BAM file to AWS overnight (Afterwards I discovered Sequencing.com Big Yotta is free and easier), and submitted it to YFull for analysis
    9th December - YFull analysis complete, along with STR's, and paid up.
    4th January - New YTree with changes, in this case mainly age estimates based on the new sample

180 days total, so patience & perseverance definitely required

Their web-site now says 50 days everywhere, on the front-page and on the WES and WGS product pages. I get it's bit difficult for them with different products, and varying timing. Only the microarray test product page says 3 weeks. That should include DNA extraction, but as can be seen, back when I did my test, DNA extraction took 16 days from when they confirmed sample as received, and sequencing + interpretation 48 days. It's likely they've streamlined things since, but there seems to have been stories of much longer wait-times too. I get that if any stage fails quality-control they have to go back and re-do it though.
    Thanks for that. So it was roughly 12 weeks from receipt for the results/raw data. It's tricky to know what to expect, as the company is quite young - and Amazon have removed all of the reviews for their offerings. Still, lurking and reading this thread convinced me they were legit.

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozy View Post
    Still, lurking and reading this thread convinced me they were legit.
    Hehe, same for me . They were professional until now and support answered pretty fast to my questions.

My DNA extraction was complete on Jan 17 and since then i'm still waiting for WES seq, hopefully will have it by the end of the month or early next month. Will update once i will have them...for statistics

Sex
    Omitted

Seems they're having website issues at the moment - can't view the Kit Manager on multiple browsers.

Edit: They're upgrading their systems at the moment, so Kit Manager might not be available for all of their customers.
    Last edited by Snoozy; 02-15-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Czech
    Nationality
    Czech
    Y-DNA
    R-Y14088
    mtDNA
    J1c1i

Czech Republic Austria Austrian Empire Bohemia Carinthia
    Their kit manager is unbelievable crap, it does not work very often, I already reported the problem twice.

Besides other problems, it connects directly to https://snowtriceratops.com:8000/ and some proxy caches does not work with https protocol on nonstandard port, standard is port 443. And it gives "SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG" error.

snowtriceratops.com domain is anonymously owned - the owner is Domains By Proxy, LLC from Arizona, USA, this looks not very pleasant for handling of the sensitive data.
    Y-DNA: R-Y14088 (ISOGG: R1b1a1a2a1a2b1c2b1a1a)
    mtDNA: J1c1i (J1c1 + 7735G and 8848C) Extras: 198T 12007A 16422C 16431A

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Petr View Post
    Their kit manager is unbelievable crap, it does not work very often, I already reported the problem twice.

Besides other problems, it connects directly to https://snowtriceratops.com:8000/ and some proxy caches does not work with https protocol on nonstandard port, standard is port 443. And it gives "SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG" error.

snowtriceratops.com domain is anonymously owned - the owner is Domains By Proxy, LLC from Arizona, USA, this looks not very pleasant for handling of the sensitive data.
    I've never had a problem with their kit manager. snowtriceratops.com doesn't seem to be so much of a problem. Maybe it changed since you posted, but I'm seeing DigitalOcean cloud hosted website with GoDaddy as registrar? It's used for the kit details and the actual data comes from Amazon AWS though. However, the scripts are launching connections all over the place, some of them like Facebook, LinkedIn and DoubleClick extremely questionable for this kind of usage. None of them are getting the "sensitive data" that's served straight off Amazon AWS though. I do wish companies as a whole put more effort to protecting the actual data, like in this case requiring some toke-authentication for the download, as the URL will be left on your browser history, proxy logs etc. and it's a issue I've seen many sequencing companies make. (On the other hand you can provide link to the VCF to sites for further analysis with no problems...)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213