Iberian
    Nationality
    Valencian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L21 DF73 A27195+
    mtDNA (M)
    U3a1c1 10831G

Catalonia Andorra Andalucia
    4 month! May 2, 2018 Dantelabs confirmed that my saliva sample have arrived. In August 1, I was worried and wrote a mail to the lab, they said me my kit was already processing and results may be to late August. Last week I could download my WGS snp.vcf from my account in Dantelabs web. Now I waiting hard disk with full raw data.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miqui Rumba For This Useful Post:

dudeweedlmao (10-05-2018),  MacUalraig (10-02-2018),  PLogan (12-01-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

Quote Originally Posted by Miqui Rumba View Post
    4 month! May 2, 2018 Dantelabs confirmed that my saliva sample have arrived. In August 1, I was worried and wrote a mail to the lab, they said me my kit was already processing and results may be to late August. Last week I could download my WGS snp.vcf from my account in Dantelabs web. Now I waiting hard disk with full raw data.
    Did you get an interim message about passing QA? I got one 33 days after the sample reached the lab.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019, Chronomics Jan 2020, Sano Genetics Feb 2020, Nebula Genomics June 2020)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A------ (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    N-Y35885
    mtDNA (M)
    X2b4a1a

Dante received my kit yesterday (2 oct). Now I'm waiting ...

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Nationality
    Valencian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L21 DF73 A27195+
    mtDNA (M)
    U3a1c1 10831G

Catalonia Andorra Andalucia
    Last year, I bought WES kit in September and in November 11 I had my results already ( I paid 412€ by WES kit). I think this summer they have been overpowered by their prime day offerts and some clients like me have a delay to obtain results. I am not stressed, the fact of getting whole raw data in a hard disk is a real satisfaction, I can await.

Wed 5/2, 11:29 AM
    You
    Dante Labs: Kit received
    Dear Customer,
    We are pleased to confirm you we have received your sample. Our lab will start the DNA extraction as soon as possible.
    Please do not hesitate to contact me if we may provide further assistance.
    Best regards,

Dante Labs' Team

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Czech
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-PH1173
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a

Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ownstyler View Post
    So how large is the BAM file they provide? Is it actually 100GB? That would be impossible to upload to YFull.
    Ownstyler, I've got your PM, but can't reply.
    Anthrogenica is saying: "Sorry Geldius you must have 10 posts in order to send PM's. Your current post count is 7."
    Please, PM me your email .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Geldius For This Useful Post:

Ownstyler (10-09-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Czech
    Nationality
    Czech
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y14088
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c1i

Czech Republic Austria Austrian Empire Bohemia Carinthia
    I have files for 2 persons, one is 87 GB and the second 109 GB.

It is possible to separate chromosome Y data using samtools:

Code:
    samtools view -b in.bam chrY > in_chrY.bam
    Y-DNA: R-Y14088 (ISOGG: R1b1a1a2a1a2b1c2b1a1a)
    mtDNA: J1c1i (J1c1 + 7735G and 8848C) Extras: 198T 12007A 16422C 16431A

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Petr For This Useful Post:

Ownstyler (10-09-2018)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by karwiso View Post
    So far: They deliver with DHL and you get prepaid DHL labels to returns the samples. When samples kits are shipped you get DHL Waybill number so you can track the pack. It took just one day to get the kit (from Italy to Sweden) and one day to ship the kit back to Italy. My kits were marked as received the same day they were delivered. The WES kit status was updated after 11 days and I got a DNA-extraction report. I suppose that my sample is in sequencing now.
    I ordered two WGS kits for my relatives in Russia and I was quite surprised that kits are send with DHL (it is not to big cities as St Petersburg and Moscow, but to rather distant smaller city). There were some additional documentation attached for the customs.
    Did your relatives got their packaged sent directly from Italy to Russia with pre-paid DHL return labels?
    No customs issues with receiving/sending samples? I know there are some kind of weird laws prohibiting sending biological samples in Russia.

My relatives are telling me that some people had to drive to another country, like Belarus, to send samples to services like 23andme. which is a major inconvenience if you live thousands miles from the border :-)

I got an e-mail on 29. June that Dante Labs received my sample. On 16. October I got another e-mail that results are ready and VCF download link is available on my account. Processing time was about 15 weeks, it is pretty good.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reignman For This Useful Post:

cercle (10-20-2018),  Giosta (10-20-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

They have had my sample since July 25th. I emailed them the other day for an update and was told it was being sequenced and I should have results by the end of November. I take that as a reference to the analysis reports inc vcf as its the BAM I am most focussed on.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019, Chronomics Jan 2020, Sano Genetics Feb 2020, Nebula Genomics June 2020)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A------ (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

Registered Users
    Sex

Just ordered my first 30x WGS for my father at Dante.

Things I'd like to do with the RAW data:
    Generate a more complete atDNA kit for GEDmatch (low priority)
    Package hg38 ChrY BAM for submission to Yfull (higher priority)
    Package compatible mtDNA file for submission to Yfull (higher priority)
    Generate a new VCF file for ChrY data for submission to the Y DNA Datawarehouse (higher priority)

- I understand that the downloadable VCF files are highly truncated and not ideal for much if I'm reading the comments here correctly. Potentially interesting ChrY variants could be missing from this data.

- That Dante BAM files are hg37 and not ideal for submission to Yfull (even though they can harvest ChrY and mtDNA data it still is in hg37).

All of this being said has anyone experienced using Dante Labs recommended App EVE to accomplish anything like the goals I outlined above? I can't post the link to EVE but you can view it by searching google for "Eve sequencing[dot]com".

Page 26 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast