NW European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z295*
    mtDNA
    U2e1j

Quote Originally Posted by JamesKane View Post
    People are so impatient these days. I remember when it took FTDNA 10 months just to run a single SNP test for DF13 to completion. That's a much less complex procedure than sampling the full 3,099,734,149 bases on the human genome.
    This is a legitimate point. I laughed at Veritas when they stated they expected completion in 14 weeks for my results as their first WGS customer. I readily expected it to take quite a bit longer (and it did), but I knew I what I was walking into at that point, a brand new pipeline for the company. So I did not let it disappoint me at all or color my impression of them. But that was a limited access pilot with a tiny customer pool, not the competitive marketplace we have now with these companies selling sequencing at discounted rates for promotions.

I'm going to continue being patient, I'm not upset with them yet. And if they provide my BAM on disk and align directly to hg38 I'll end up with results more immediately useful for this sample than I received from Veritas where I realigned them to hg38 myself and downloaded a huge BAM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z295*
    mtDNA
    U2e1j

Quote Originally Posted by Giosta View Post
    20 days ??
    27 days, if you go by when the shipper reports it was delivered to Dante, but yeah. not long at all for the DNA extraction/QC step. Sequencing is another matter.

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nepali Brahmin
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L657>Y6
    mtDNA
    M30

Quote Originally Posted by bjp View Post
    This is a legitimate point. I laughed at Veritas when they stated they expected completion in 14 weeks for my results as their first WGS customer. I readily expected it to take quite a bit longer (and it did), but I knew I what I was walking into at that point, a brand new pipeline for the company. So I did not let it disappoint me at all or color my impression of them. But that was a limited access pilot with a tiny customer pool, not the competitive marketplace we have now with these companies selling sequencing at discounted rates for promotions.

I'm going to continue being patient, I'm not upset with them yet. And if they provide my BAM on disk and align directly to hg38 I'll end up with results more immediately useful for this sample than I received from Veritas where I realigned them to hg38 myself and downloaded a huge BAM.
    It is great that the customers are being impatient, pushing for updates, thus implicitly asking for faster processing, simply because that will only speed up the industry to come up with more efficient pipelines, so will end up with competition for faster processing, which means less waiting, which will definitely mean higher demand, and more companies falling suit, then lower prices, and eventually turning this whole thing into a commodity. Even already, during promos, it cost less than $200 for 30x WGS(though they could be losing money and/or making up by selling the data). And $200 might become the norm in a year or so, then promos will have them for $100.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Scaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Unscaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    To include your G25 coordinates and/or sponsorship support - email: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    LukaszM's Eurogenes K36 PCA: Hidden Content

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

bjp (01-12-2019),  bmoney (01-29-2019)

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Jewish (Ashkenazi)
    Y-DNA
    Q-YP3924 (Q-M378)
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a

Israel
    I've just sent mine back with UPS yesterday. Now the long wait for the results.
    Check out my Hidden Content
    My Y-DNA: Q-M242 -> Q-L232 -> Q-L275 -> Q-M378 -> Q-Y2016 -> Q-L245 -> Q-FGC1904 -> Q-Y2209 -> Q-Y2225 -> Q-Y2197 -> Q-Y2750 -> Q-YP1004 -> Q-YP3924;
    My mtDNA: K1a1b1a;

My dad's mtDNA: K2a2a;

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Erikl86 For This Useful Post:

poi (01-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

I would be VERY interested to know if ANYONE has obtained results since July 1, 2018 ??? Based on the above conversations it appears doubtful, or if so the samples were submitted considerably prior to July of last year. By all appearances the pipeline is not just running slow, it seems to be frozen. I would like to believe that is not correct, but my faith in Dante Labs is struggling. Would like to know WHEN you submitted a sample, and WHEN you got results (or if you're still waiting, like me). My intuition tells me there is something dreadfully wrong with this process, and Dante is not being completely candid with us about the delay issues. I'd love to hear from you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ric69 For This Useful Post:

pmokeefe (01-22-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA
    H5r*

Well for comparison when I did my Y Elite 1.0 back in 2013 it took about 5 months. My wait at Dante so far is similar so its not out of this world.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    GEDMatch: A828783 (autosomal DNA), 9427684 (GEDCOM) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019) - further WGS tests pending ;-)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MacUalraig For This Useful Post:

Ric69 (01-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Exclamation

Last edited by dufresda; 01-15-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Ric69 View Post
    I would be VERY interested to know if ANYONE has obtained results since July 1, 2018 ??? Based on the above conversations it appears doubtful, or if so the samples were submitted considerably prior to July of last year. By all appearances the pipeline is not just running slow, it seems to be frozen. I would like to believe that is not correct, but my faith in Dante Labs is struggling. Would like to know WHEN you submitted a sample, and WHEN you got results (or if you're still waiting, like me). My intuition tells me there is something dreadfully wrong with this process, and Dante is not being completely candid with us about the delay issues. I'd love to hear from you.
    I second this...I wonder if there a more serious matter, a freeze rather than a delay. Anyway can't do anything but wait just wish there was more transparency.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dufresda For This Useful Post:

Ric69 (01-15-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA
    H5r*

Quote Originally Posted by MacUalraig View Post
    Well for comparison when I did my Y Elite 1.0 back in 2013 it took about 5 months. My wait at Dante so far is similar so its not out of this world.
    I also just checked my 2015 WGSx4 test:
    ordered 20.5.15
    got kit 27.5.15
    back at fgc 6.6.15
    results 28.11.15
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    GEDMatch: A828783 (autosomal DNA), 9427684 (GEDCOM) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019) - further WGS tests pending ;-)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MacUalraig For This Useful Post:

Ric69 (01-15-2019)

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast