Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Dante Labs (WGS)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Donwulff View Post
    New review for Dante Labs on medgadget.com
    It's not independent in that the reviewer got it for free and thus Dante Labs knew there was going to be a review, but it does look like a genuine outside review.
    I, on the other hand, sent the sample in 11 weeks ago now, with Dante Labs stating I'd receive results within couple of weeks three weeks ago, so I'm inclined to think it's a scam. As said, it wouldn't be the first time a DNA company misses delivery estimates, but given the campaign prices are so far below going price/materials price (Human whole genome sequencing at BGI starts at $600, Illumina is couple hundred more) with no plan to cover the price difference presented that they have burden of proof.
    There is also a first "Verified Purchase" review on Amazon, but it sounds & looks like Dante Labs press release. My reading is that they ordered the test on 5th September so could not actually have received the results in any case (Which is quite confusing, why admit it was ordered three weeks ago if the processing time is eight weeks?)
    Sequencing.com, their biinformatics analytics partner, has been listing Dante Labs as their "preferred provider" for a while though.
    That is a VERY old review, 2017 (as was your comment, also 2017)
    Last edited by Ric69; 02-05-2019 at 12:08 AM.

Sex

Update: Received my VCF file today. (exactly 233 days since I mailed in the sample). I'll update again when I get the reports and (more importantly) the BAM file.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ric69 For This Useful Post:

bjp (02-07-2019),  Giosta (02-07-2019),  Jatt1 (02-08-2019),  MacUalraig (02-07-2019),  pmokeefe (02-07-2019),  poi (02-07-2019),  traject (02-08-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by pinoqio View Post
    I sent them some questions about WholeGenomeZ before ordering:
    So I guess the only real news is that they are (planning on?) using the MGISEQ-2000,
    which on first glance seems to be a scaled up version of the previous BGISEQ-500. (MGI is a subsidary of BGI)
    Based on the datasheet that's actually capable of 150basepair paired-end sequencing. If they'll be using that flowcell, that'll remove the main disadvantage compared to Illumina sequencing which are often 150-160bp. Of course, don't see statistics on quality yet, there's more read-errors the further the read proceeds, the quality could go down more on their platform. But that's interesting, the issue of capacity could always be solved by having more sequencers. I'm sure at the prices Dante Labs is offering, they must be using spare capacity when the lab has nothing better paying to sequence, so improved capacity definitely helps there.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donwulff For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (02-08-2019),  MacUalraig (02-07-2019),  Ric69 (02-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ric69 View Post
    Update: Received my VCF file today. (exactly 233 days since I mailed in the sample). I'll update again when I get the reports and (more importantly) the BAM file.
    E-mail them and request BAM and FASTQ files on hard drive and links.
    I have been waiting almost 3 months for BAM and FASTQ files.
    Do you plan do analyze your VCF file?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reignman For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (02-11-2019),  pmokeefe (02-08-2019)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by reignman View Post
    E-mail them and request BAM and FASTQ files on hard drive and links.
    I have been waiting almost 3 months for BAM and FASTQ files.
    Do you plan do analyze your VCF file?
    Have done a preliminary look-see using Promethease and Sequencing.com viewers. Those are limited but do have useful links to medline and the NIH database and other annotation libraries. I'm more interested in the BAM/FASTQ file to do more serious analysis (using Galaxy and other toolsets). Yes, have formally requested those files. Wish it were more expiditious, say using dropbox, google cloud, or even Big Yotta (sequencing.com's favorite). Putting it on a hard drive seems inefficient and not cost-effective (and slow).

Registered Users
    Sex

Finally got the VCF raw data available today which is not as useful as my awaiting BAM files on HDD

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dufresda For This Useful Post:

pmokeefe (02-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

So I looked up this Dante Labs and can't find if they do autosomal testing, am I missing something? Do they have any ancestry tests?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by ianz91 View Post
    So I looked up this Dante Labs and can't find if they do autosomal testing, am I missing something? Do they have any ancestry tests?
    Yes, it is WGS[whole genome sequencing. You get all your aDNA, yDNA and mtDNA in one shot. 23andme etc do only a tiny part of what WGS does.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jatt1 For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (02-11-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Jatt1 View Post
    Yes, it is WGS[whole genome sequencing. You get all your aDNA, yDNA and mtDNA in one shot. 23andme etc do only a tiny part of what WGS does.
    Do they actually show what your ancestry is, or do I have to download the data and upload it somewhere else?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by ianz91 View Post
    Do they actually show what your ancestry is, or do I have to download the data and upload it somewhere else?
    Don't know much about that. YFull will get you yDNA and mtDNA and you be on YFUllTree. For aDNA you may have to use a tool or get someone else to extract info for SNPs that are on other tests, Generalissimo and many more here should be able to guide in that. And then you can use all WGS data to get medical reports on you from many sources also.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jatt1 For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (02-11-2019),  laltota (02-11-2019)

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast