Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1244

Thread: Dante Labs (WGS)

  1. #1221
    Registered Users
    Posts
    189
    Sex
    Location
    Morocco
    Ethnicity
    Berber
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M81
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1k

    Morocco MoroccoPreColonial
    I'm currently waiting for 3 months now (they were supposed to deliver within 2 months), when I ask them why its taking so long they claim I'm currently sequenced 89Gb and they cannot finish it because they don't have the supplies needed because of coronavirus). I'm thinking they just use the corona-virus as an excuse for their delay, bad customer service and bad delivery time.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Adamm For This Useful Post:

     aaronbee2010 (06-11-2020),  Jatt1 (11-26-2020),  MacUalraig (06-11-2020),  pmokeefe (06-11-2020),  slievenamon (06-10-2020)

  3. #1222
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,376
    Sex
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamm View Post
    I'm currently waiting for 3 months now (they were supposed to deliver within 2 months), when I ask them why its taking so long they claim I'm currently sequenced 89Gb and they cannot finish it because they don't have the supplies needed because of coronavirus). I'm thinking they just use the corona-virus as an excuse for their delay, bad customer service and bad delivery time.
    It must be tempting to just ask them to hand over what they've done if it's progressed that far but maybe they would decline?
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019, Chronomics Jan 2020, Sano Genetics Feb 2020, Nebula Genomics June 2020)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A------ (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

  4. #1223
    Registered Users
    Posts
    189
    Sex
    Location
    Morocco
    Ethnicity
    Berber
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M81
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1k

    Morocco MoroccoPreColonial
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUalraig View Post
    It must be tempting to just ask them to hand over what they've done if it's progressed that far but maybe they would decline?
    Well I've been mailing them extra and said to them that they are not upholding their promises, and today they delivered my report. So I think it helps to mail them all the time.

  5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Adamm For This Useful Post:

     aaronbee2010 (06-17-2020),  hartaisarlag (06-16-2020),  JMcB (11-23-2020),  MacUalraig (06-17-2020),  Marmaduke (06-17-2020),  pmokeefe (06-16-2020)

  6. #1224
    Registered Users
    Posts
    54
    Sex
    Location
    Almaty
    Ethnicity
    Kazakh (Qazaq)
    Nationality
    Kazakhstan (Qazaqstan)
    Y-DNA (P)
    C3d [C-Z33001]
    mtDNA (M)
    D4g1*
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a [R-ZQ651]
    mtDNA (P)
    F1b

    Kazakhstan
    Dante Labs is having Black Friday sales at 149EURO (~177USD). Dunno what to say, but if you are a risk taker, go for it.
    There is an alternative option which is more expensive but with reliable delivery timeframes and excellent quality, it is Nebula Genomics.

    Choose US through a vpn then price will be 149$, not 149
    Last edited by Kazakh; 11-23-2020 at 01:39 PM.

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kazakh For This Useful Post:

     aaronbee2010 (11-23-2020),  Arlus (11-23-2020),  Jatt1 (11-24-2020),  JMcB (11-23-2020),  pmokeefe (11-23-2020)

  8. #1225
    Registered Users
    Posts
    106

    quick question
    as an amateur who will need help deciphering his WGS results regardless of dna testing company and knowing their reliability issues as far as communication and speed go.
    Is it worth the risk ?
    Also worth pointing out that I'm located in Greece so them being in Italy should mean that the delivery time (of the kit) back and forth even with the covid issues shouldn't be months long ... riight ?

  9. #1226
    Registered Users
    Posts
    27
    Sex

    What's the best price anyone has seen for the Nebula Genomics WGS tests?

  10. #1227
    Registered Users
    Posts
    189
    Sex
    Location
    Morocco
    Ethnicity
    Berber
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M81
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4a1k

    Morocco MoroccoPreColonial
    Quote Originally Posted by lacreme View Post
    quick question
    as an amateur who will need help deciphering his WGS results regardless of dna testing company and knowing their reliability issues as far as communication and speed go.
    Is it worth the risk ?
    Also worth pointing out that I'm located in Greece so them being in Italy should mean that the delivery time (of the kit) back and forth even with the covid issues shouldn't be months long ... riight ?
    If you check this thread you can see that I had problems with their customer service, but nevertheless they delivered the results in the end for a cheap price (150$). Today I bought another kit from DanteLabs and imo its worth the risk.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adamm For This Useful Post:

     Jatt1 (11-24-2020),  lacreme (11-24-2020),  pmokeefe (11-24-2020)

  12. #1228
    Registered Users
    Posts
    106

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamm View Post
    If you check this thread you can see that I had problems with their customer service, but nevertheless they delivered the results in the end for a cheap price (150$). Today I bought another kit from DanteLabs and imo its worth the risk.
    I've read your problems (and other similar complaints in other sites too ) but if they delivered the results in the end I'll probably take the plunge.
    Do you know for how many days will the offer stand ?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to lacreme For This Useful Post:

     Jatt1 (11-24-2020)

  14. #1229
    Registered Users
    Posts
    553
    Sex
    Location
    Greece
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z2103>R-Y155609
    mtDNA (M)
    W6c1a

    Greece Greek Macedonia Empire of Trebizond Byzantine Empire
    Don't do it guys, lol.

    Join the Facebook page of Nebula+Dante customers, and check for yourself the endless horror stories about people getting ripped off.

    Consider yourself warned about Dante, pay a bit extra and go for Nebula, the price difference is not worth the hassle.
    55.8% Greek Central Macedonia + 44.2% Greek Trabzon @ 1.46

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dosas For This Useful Post:

     aaronbee2010 (11-24-2020),  Jatt1 (11-24-2020),  karwiso (11-24-2020),  pmokeefe (11-24-2020)

  16. #1230
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    579
    Sex
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Ethnicity
    Polish/British Isles
    Nationality
    U.S.
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-A9185
    mtDNA (M)
    H1
    mtDNA (P)
    J1c2

    Poland England Ireland Munster
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    What's the best price anyone has seen for the Nebula Genomics WGS tests?
    I haven't seen it go below $299 for the 30X WGS test. To stay current with their reports, you have to buy a subscription on top of that. I have found the reports helpful and they seem to be pretty good about adding a couple of new reports every week, though I haven't been keeping close enough watch to be sure. Two more came today, for example.
    YFull: YF14620 (Dante Labs 2018)

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pmokeefe For This Useful Post:

     Jatt1 (11-24-2020),  Marmaduke (11-24-2020)

Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dante Labs WES/WGS Sequencing Technical
    By Donwulff in forum Dante Labs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 11-03-2020, 05:12 PM
  2. Dante Labs WGS (30x) $299
    By noman in forum Dante Labs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2020, 09:06 PM
  3. Dante Labs subforum?
    By MacUalraig in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2019, 12:35 AM
  4. Whole Genome sequence $299 at Dante Labs
    By Dr_McNinja in forum Dante Labs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-18-2019, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •