Nationality
    Croatian
    mtDNA (M)
    N1b1c
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-M241>L283>Z631

Croatia Croatia Split-Dalmatia
    Quote Originally Posted by branimir View Post
    I'm interested in this book. Mind telling me its name and author?
    Seoba i Naselja u Lici by Stjepan Pavicic is an older book but it's the best one on the subject of Lika. There have been a lot of papers to come out on Bunjevci in the past few years if you want to see them beyond Lika. Pavicic's book deals with the population of Lika prior to the Ottoman onslaught, during their occupation, and then after. If your interest is in the Serbian population of Lika it is very much worth your time to read it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Illyro-Vlach For This Useful Post:

branimir (01-05-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Nationality
    Croatian
    mtDNA (M)
    N1b1c
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-M241>L283>Z631

Croatia Croatia Split-Dalmatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Thanks. Do some vlachs have L1029? Or perhaps his ancestors were Proto-Slavs assimilated into Vlachs and then assimilated into the Serbian ethnos later. I know alot of Romanians have L1029. I am not sure if some Vlachs have it as well(by way of assimilation of proto-slavs in the early middle ages). Do we know of any Lika settlers in West Macedonia? There is an Albanian family in the Diber region of Albania and Macedonia with the surname Lika. I am uncertain what it may mean in Albanian and possibly being a coincidence or if its linked to middle age settlers from that region who took the name as a reminder? My paternal grandmothers maternal side were Lika from Diber in Eastern Albania.
    You're going to have to ask others re: L1029 as I can't answer that question. Tesla's ancestors were Slavicized (later Serbianized) Vlachs who themselves might have assimilated early Slavs. That part is still quite fuzzy from a historical/ethnological perspective. I don't know of any people from Lika settling in Macedonia prior to Communist Yugoslavia where a lot of Serbs from Lika made up the JNA officer corps......a few of them might have ended up in Macedonia. Beyond that there is a tiny possibility of Serbs from Lika who later moved to Serbia and then joined in the attempted Serbian colonization of Macedonia in the early part of the 20th century, although that would be a long shot. Most people who left Lika at first ended up in Western Bosnia, then later today's Vojvodina and Northern Croatia (Serbs going to the former, Croats going to the latter).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Illyro-Vlach For This Useful Post:

Dibran (01-05-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a>L1029>Y133383

Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Illyro-Vlach View Post
    You're going to have to ask others re: L1029 as I can't answer that question. Tesla's ancestors were Slavicized (later Serbianized) Vlachs who themselves might have assimilated early Slavs. That part is still quite fuzzy from a historical/ethnological perspective. I don't know of any people from Lika settling in Macedonia prior to Communist Yugoslavia where a lot of Serbs from Lika made up the JNA officer corps......a few of them might have ended up in Macedonia. Beyond that there is a tiny possibility of Serbs from Lika who later moved to Serbia and then joined in the attempted Serbian colonization of Macedonia in the early part of the 20th century, although that would be a long shot. Most people who left Lika at first ended up in Western Bosnia, then later today's Vojvodina and Northern Croatia (Serbs going to the former, Croats going to the latter).
    Yea, coincidence then with the surname. It would have had to have been 500 years plus back.
    Known Ancestry: Albanian
    23andme results: 94% Balkan, 0.9% Italian, 0.8% Middle Eastern, 2.2% broadly southern European, 0.3 British & Irish, 0.3% Japanese, 0.5% unassigned
    MyOrigins2.0: 100% Southeast European
    MyAncientOrigins: 62% Farmer, 24% Hunter Gatherer, 14% Metal Age Invader
    MyHeritage: 76% Greek, 16% Balkan, 8% Italian
    WeGene: 99.5% Balkan, 0.5% unassigned
    GenePlaza: 92.7% East Mediterranean, 5.2% Southwestern European, 1.5% Ambiguous
    DNA.LAND: 95% Balkan, 5% Sardinian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123