View Poll Results: Who killed President Kennedy?

Voters
25. This poll is closed
  • Organized Crime

2 8.00%
  • Lone Gunman (only Oswald)

9 36.00%
  • Soviets

0 0%
  • Cubans

0 0%
  • US Government Conspiracy

12 48.00%
  • Other

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Assassination

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-S1051 9919-A
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1e

Canada United States of America United Kingdom France Ukraine

Kennedy Assassination

Will much (if not all) of the classified files being released this week on the subject I thought it would be a good time to take a poll and see what people think on the subject. If you chose "other" for your choice please explain.

George

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to George Chandler For This Useful Post:

NiloSaharan (10-23-2017),  [email protected] (10-22-2017),  Silesian (10-22-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-S1051 9919-A
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1e

My theory on it is that the US government may have received a tip about the possibility of a threat to the President but it wasn't actioned in time to prevent it. I don't believe there was any conspiracy within the US Gov't to murder him but some government elements were the same mud hole as Oswald..and some of that is what had to stay classified. I believe that there was the "possibly" another shooter in the same room with Oswald who did the shot but Oswald was in fact the patsy he said he was. That was a very difficult shot to make and given Oswald's botched 100m or so attempted shooting of the army officer months before I don't think it was him. I believe the person behind the assassination was Sam Giancana and Jack Ruby (connected to Giancana) was the one who eliminated Oswald when he was going to talk. I believe it was a Kennedy family member who eliminated Giancana years later as the Giancana surveillance team was pulled just prior to the assassination.

George

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George Chandler For This Useful Post:

MikeWhalen (10-22-2017),  [email protected] (10-22-2017)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Scot
    Nationality
    American Naturalized
    Y-DNA (P)
    YP6291 R1a1a1b2a2a*
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c23

United States of America Scotland
    Just this week watched an interview with Dr. Michael Baden. A top forensic pathologist who was chairman of a government investigative committee into the Kennedy assassination. His conclusion backed by forensics points to a lone gunman. He feels the documents were sealed because the governmental agencies responsible for Kennedy’s safety would have been shown doing a less than stellar job. Does 50 years absolve incompetence. The forthcoming banter should be very interesting and fall along political lines.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amerijoe For This Useful Post:

George Chandler (10-22-2017),  Jenny (10-29-2017),  MikeWhalen (10-22-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a CTS11962+L1029+
    mtDNA (M)
    H80

European Union Germany Italy
    i think its tied to vietnam - 51:25

+diem 2/11 +jfk 22/11
    Geno2.0NG 51%SEurope 19%WCEurope 13%Scandinavia 5%AsiaMinor 4%EEurope 4%GB&Ireland 3%Arabia myOrigins 52%WCEurope 40%SEEurope 5%BritishIsles 3%WMiddleEast DNA.Land 49%NWEuropean 27%SEuropean 13%MedIslander 11%Sardinian myHeritage 51.8%NWEuropean 33.2%Italian 7.9%Greek&SouthItalian 7.1%Balkan gencove 29%NItaly 19%EMed 15%NBritishIsles 12%SWEurope 10%NCEurope 9%Scandinavia 6%NEEurope GenePlazaK29 54.4%NWEurope 37.6%Greek/Albania 5.6%WAsian 2.4%SWAsia

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexfritz For This Useful Post:

George Chandler (10-22-2017),  Gravetto-Danubian (10-22-2017),  MikeWhalen (10-22-2017)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-DF27>DF83
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1

Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    Some years back I was really into reading about the Kennedy assassination. I finally became convinced that Oswald was the lone killer of President Kennedy. People love a wild conspiracy, and they want the death of such an important and beloved man to have some meaning. Surely he could not have been brought down by a loser like Oswald! Sinister, powerful forces must have been at work behind the scenes, pulling a complex web of strings. There were also people who really wanted to blame Kennedy's death on redneck Texas right wingers. When it turned out that Oswald was a crazy communist, pro-Castro loon, it was a real letdown.

Hidden Content

Y-DNA: R1b-L21> DF13> Z39589> DF41> FGC5572> BY166> FGC36974> FGC36982> FGC36981

Additional Data:
    Lactase Persistent:
    rs4988235 AA (13910 TT)
    rs182549 TT (22018 AA)

Red Hair Carrier:
    Arg160Trp+ (rs1805008 T) aka R160W

Dad's mtDNA: K1a1

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (10-22-2017),  George Chandler (10-22-2017),  Jessie (10-23-2017),  Torc Seanathair (07-30-2018)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish Canadian
    Nationality
    Canada
    Y-DNA (P)
    L513->Z23516>BY11142
    mtDNA (M)
    H1bd

Canada Ireland Scotland England Ireland County Tipperary Canada Old Newfoundland
    I voted 'other', because I do think there was more to it than just the lone gunman, but I have no clue at all who else might have been involved or behind it.

as a general rule, I quite dislike conspiracy theory's
    ...more often than not, I have found them to be more about someones need for drama, intellectual laziness or personal hidden agenda than the facts of the case (I know, harsh, but you cant believe the nonsense I have to deal with in my work environment because of folks engaging in 1 of those 3 reasons I gave)
    ...I find that some variation of Occam's razor usually does an excellent job at explaining things

so having said all of that, the JFK assassination is the only one that I do think the single shooter, Oswald story does not answer everything...I like one of Georges comments above when he said (paraphrasing & adding here) that there were many factions or elements that 'were the same mud hole as Oswald"-it was really quite messy with all sorts of nefarious characters having a finger in the pie somewhere...who the hell knows exactly what went on, but I dont think the official story line gets it quite right...

In fact, I suspect the true story to be closer to the 'Challenger chain' sort of explanation where a series of small ish decisions from a variety of entities added up in a toxic way to eventually cause the disaster, and no 1 thing caused it all

anyway, thats my 2 cents

Mike
    Furthest Y line=Patrick Whealen 1816-1874, b.Tipperary Co. Ire. d. Kincardine Ont.

Y-DNA-RL21-L513-Z23516-BY11142('lost Irish 'C' boys?')

FTDNA=P312+ P25+ M343+ M269+ M207+ M173+ L513+ U198- U152- U106- SRY2627- P66- P107- M73- M65- M37- M222- M18- M160- M153- M126- L705- L577- L193- L159.2- L1333-
    Big-Y=Z23516+
    23&me=L21+
    E.A.= S21-, S26-, S28-, S29-, S68-
    Geno 2 (N.G.P.) H1bd+

Whalen/Phelan DNA Surname Project
    Hidden Content

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeWhalen For This Useful Post:

George Chandler (10-22-2017),  NiloSaharan (10-23-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-S1051 9919-A
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1e

Quote Originally Posted by Amerijoe View Post
    Just this week watched an interview with Dr. Michael Baden. A top forensic pathologist who was chairman of a government investigative committee into the Kennedy assassination. His conclusion backed by forensics points to a lone gunman. He feels the documents were sealed because the governmental agencies responsible for Kennedy’s safety would have been shown doing a less than stellar job. Does 50 years absolve incompetence. The forthcoming banter should be very interesting and fall along political lines.
    I agree with the idea of a single shooter (even if there was more than one shooting there). What I dispute is that in the depository room where Oswald was actual shooting was done by another person in the same location and not Oswald.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-S1051 9919-A
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1e

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWhalen View Post
    I voted 'other', because I do think there was more to it than just the lone gunman, but I have no clue at all who else might have been involved or behind it.

as a general rule, I quite dislike conspiracy theory's
    ...more often than not, I have found them to be more about someones need for drama, intellectual laziness or personal hidden agenda than the facts of the case (I know, harsh, but you cant believe the nonsense I have to deal with in my work environment because of folks engaging in 1 of those 3 reasons I gave)
    ...I find that some variation of Occam's razor usually does an excellent job at explaining things

so having said all of that, the JFK assassination is the only one that I do think the single shooter, Oswald story does not answer everything...I like one of Georges comments above when he said (paraphrasing & adding here) that there were many factions or elements that 'were the same mud hole as Oswald"-it was really quite messy with all sorts of nefarious characters having a finger in the pie somewhere...who the hell knows exactly what went on, but I dont think the official story line gets it quite right...

In fact, I suspect the true story to be closer to the 'Challenger chain' sort of explanation where a series of small ish decisions from a variety of entities added up in a toxic way to eventually cause the disaster, and no 1 thing caused it all

anyway, thats my 2 cents

Mike
    Good points Mike. People can look at it and say ya he was a Marine..ya he had some skills..ya Oswald got lucky. He botched a single shot of someone sitting in their lit living room a hundred or so yards away under the cover of night. As far as I can see the Kennedy assassination would have been his first kill (that I'm aware of) so you have to consider the situation and stress. This guy is shooting in broad daylight..the target is the highest profile possible..the target is moving with the stress that you will likely get caught or be killed. A shot to the throat and one to the head..made on a moving target when the guy can't even pull one off under the cover of night which is seated?? He wasn't that cool of a customer and he wasn't that good with a rifle..and I'm not much for luck. Especially after he gets taken out himself. I don't subscribe to multiple shots from different rifles being fired just Oswald and another person in that room and Oswald didn't pull the trigger. If he was a sniper..I could get there...if he had completed the previous assassination attempt I could get there. I don't buy it that he was the lone gunman.

George

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF41>FGC36981
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2c3a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-DF27>DF83
    mtDNA (P)
    K1a1

Wales Ireland Scotland France Bretagne England Switzerland
    This is probably the best book I have read on the subject:

Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK.

Most people do not know what they are talking about when they discuss the assassination of JFK. This book is a very careful analysis of the facts.

Hidden Content

Y-DNA: R1b-L21> DF13> Z39589> DF41> FGC5572> BY166> FGC36974> FGC36982> FGC36981

Additional Data:
    Lactase Persistent:
    rs4988235 AA (13910 TT)
    rs182549 TT (22018 AA)

Red Hair Carrier:
    Arg160Trp+ (rs1805008 T) aka R160W

Dad's mtDNA: K1a1

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rms2 For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (10-22-2017),  George Chandler (10-23-2017),  Jessie (10-23-2017),  NiloSaharan (10-23-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    L21
    mtDNA (M)
    H

I think Oswald was a,fake detector to the Soviet union with the aim to create a fake 'legend' for him a commie. I think the plan was to get him into Cuba to assassinate Castro. Later on the arrival of soviet nukes and their removal on the promise of no invasion meant that plan was superfluous by the end of 1962. I think then some rogue elements thought that an alternative was to use Oswald's existing fake commie trail to frame him and implicate Castro in jfks assassination to provide a huge fake pretext for invading Cuba. However the was covered up by people like LBJ didn't want a nuclear war with Russia.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to alan For This Useful Post:

George Chandler (10-23-2017)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast