Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tullynaskeagh Chambers yDNA

Registered Users
    Sex

Tullynaskeagh Chambers yDNA

Hi All
    A Chambers family came into County Down and settled in Tullynaskeagh (Downpatrick) before the Plantation. Their descendants include the founders of the Chambers Motor Company.
    It's possible that they are the ancestors of the Chambers of County Mayo whose yDNA are haplotype R1a, a rarity for people with the surname, Chambers.
    The opinion is held that the Mayo Chambers originated near Kintyre, Scotland, originally named MacAmbrois, Anglicized to McCambridge, Anglicized to Chambers. The last name change came about in Antrim/Down. However, recent studies are unable to find any proof that this is so.
    are there any male descendants out there who have taken the yDNA test?
    Thank you,
    Tim Chambers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimC For This Useful Post:

CannabisErectusHibernius (11-22-2017),  fridurich (10-29-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gael
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    HV0-t0195!
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L226-DC26

United States of America Ireland
    Hi, my mother's paternal grandmother was a Chambers of county Mayo extraction. Cannot help with the paternal markers, but I match some people on gedmatch with the surname. Id be curious to hear more about the mayo Chambers, very interesting about the R1a link and Scottish origins. My gedmatch is Z583411.
    -George
    You got the wrong number, can I take a message?

Registered Users
    Sex

Dear George
    I'm always interested in Mayo Chambers. I'm writing a paper on the origins of the Mayo Chambers (My ancestors came from Castlebar).
    I'm on FTDNA and it looks like you are on another site. Are there more R1a Chambers on your site? Thanks
    Tim

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gael
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    HV0-t0195!
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L226-DC26

United States of America Ireland
    I'm on ftdna. I havent really checked into chambers stuff, oftentimes they dont list there ydna on gedmatch. I highly recommend you upload your autosomal dna. I have castlebar connections as well, my ggg-uncle James Daly, was founder of the connaught telegraph and married my gg-aunt, also a Daly. I'd be interested to learn more about my chambers blood. I haven't finished my tree, but I'll take a look at the chambers line.
    You got the wrong number, can I take a message?

Registered Users
    Sex

Hi George
    I cant reply to your private message until I have 10 posts. Working on that. I'll contact you when they let me. I have extensive knowledge about our ancestors.
    I'm writing a paper on the origins of the Mayo Chambers. It will be finished soon. Keep in touch.
    I have taken the autosomal test at FTDNA (Family Finder). So far I've only uploaded my yDNA at Ysearch. I'll check out Gedmatch and what happens with the autosomal part.
    Connaught Telegraph founder!!!! How cool is that. I have used that paper in my research.
    Tim

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    Hi All
    A Chambers family came into County Down and settled in Tullynaskeagh (Downpatrick) before the Plantation. Their descendants include the founders of the Chambers Motor Company.
    It's possible that they are the ancestors of the Chambers of County Mayo whose yDNA are haplotype R1a, a rarity for people with the surname, Chambers.
    The opinion is held that the Mayo Chambers originated near Kintyre, Scotland, originally named MacAmbrois, Anglicized to McCambridge, Anglicized to Chambers. The last name change came about in Antrim/Down. However, recent studies are unable to find any proof that this is so.
    are there any male descendants out there who have taken the yDNA test?
    Thank you,
    Tim Chambers
    The yDNA test has been done. The Tullynaskeagh Chambers are R1b but a special one. They descend from the Ur Niall (Niiall of the Nine Hostages, High King of Ireland). A McCambridge in the McCambridge DNA Project is a match and also descends from Niall. It seems almost certain to me that the Tullynaskeagh Chambers originated from McCambridge (MacAmbrois before that). I will have to look elsewhere for the origins of the County Mayo Chambers.
    Tim Chambers

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864

Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    The yDNA test has been done. The Tullynaskeagh Chambers are R1b but a special one. They descend from the Ur Niall (Niiall of the Nine Hostages, High King of Ireland). A McCambridge in the McCambridge DNA Project is a match and also descends from Niall. It seems almost certain to me that the Tullynaskeagh Chambers originated from McCambridge (MacAmbrois before that). I will have to look elsewhere for the origins of the County Mayo Chambers.
    Tim Chambers
    I presume you mean he is M222, what is his terminal SNP please?
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019) - further WGS tests pending ;-)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A828783 (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

Registered Users
    Sex

It's only a 37 marker test. I no longer have access to it. It's owned by the testee.
    It's an exact match for the supposed results of the Ur Niall which can be found online.

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Northern Ireland
    Nationality
    Northern Irish

Northern Ireland Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by CannabisErectusHibernius View Post
    Hi, my mother's paternal grandmother was a Chambers of county Mayo extraction. Cannot help with the paternal markers, but I match some people on gedmatch with the surname. Id be curious to hear more about the mayo Chambers, very interesting about the R1a link and Scottish origins. My gedmatch is Z583411.
    -George
    Share 10.2 cms with you.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nqp15hhu For This Useful Post:

CannabisErectusHibernius (01-24-2019),  FionnSneachta (01-11-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Nationality
    Irish
    mtDNA (M)
    H6a1b2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FGC6545-Y160102

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by CannabisErectusHibernius View Post
    -George
    My mum is also matching you sharing 8.1 cM. The common ancestor could be far back though since it is so small with an MRCA of 7.3. My mum does actually have two pages full pages of matches with Chambers in their tree on Ancestry. Her closest Chambers match shares 22.3 cM (4th-6th cousin). There are two matches with Chambers ancestors recorded as being born in Mayo. One (shares 13.5 cM) has a great grandmother who died in Newport. The other match (shares 8.1 cM) has the surname Chambers and her grandfather was also from Newport. I doubt that we'd be able to make a connection though. Mum has ancestors from Mayo but the only known ancestors aren't far from the Roscommon border while Newport is at the coast. I can PM you the details of the matches if you've tested with AncestryDNA and what to check if you match them.
    Ancestry: Ireland (Paper trail ≅ 81.25% Roscommon, 12.5% Galway, 6.25% Mayo)
    Paternal ancestor (Y): Kelly b. c1830 in Co. Roscommon (Uí Maine)
    Father's mtDNA: Fleming b. c1831 in Co. Roscommon (H27e/H-c1d*)
    Maternal ancestor: McDermott b. c1814 in Co. Roscommon (H6a1b2/H6-a5a2a2)
    Paternal great grandfather (mt): Connella b. c1798 in Co. Roscommon (T2a1a8)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FionnSneachta For This Useful Post:

CannabisErectusHibernius (01-24-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast