Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a- Z283 - Y128147
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1a

Wales Scotland Ireland Cornwall United Kingdom

Calling all Eustice DNA Testers (Irish Branch R1a) under R-Z283

Open letter to all Eustice family who have done DNA tests and are R1a, or its subclades.

I have done a Y67 STR test with ftdna, and more importantly the "Big Y" cost a fortune but is worth it to find out more info about our Y gene.

Firstly the Y67 still has me matching 10 members of the Eustice family.

I also wanted to tell you that your terminal SNP (i.e your haplogroup is confirmed as R-Z283)

With my Big Y result, I can now confirm that we have a new Novel Branch underneath of R-Z283, this Branch will remain Novel, until sombody else tests with the Big Y.

As a suggestion, would any existing testers be interested in getting the BigY test done?

This would be very beneficial to the Eustice family, as currently we all cluster together, and most of the Eustice family would be on this new Branch of the R1a tree, under R-Z283.

This would further Science, and the R1a tree, also the history of the Eustice family, it should also enable us to get a time of MRCA (Most recent common ancestor)

Its also definitely worth you joining the ftdna the R1a Project, as there is expert help from the Admins.

This might eventually shine a light on, if our Eustice line were indeed Normans or Norwegian Vikings or some other group.

My Best Regards

Stephen.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-02-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    Gedmatch
    Kit Num: M129412, QA3736362
    23andme
    Hidden Content
    LivingDNA
    Hidden Content

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Adrian Stevenson (01-21-2018),  ĮNLEIFR (12-20-2017),  JMcB (01-05-2019),  JohnHowellsTyrfro (12-02-2017),  Michał (12-03-2017)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Welsh,+ flags
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a- Z283 - Y128147
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1a

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Open letter to all Eustice family who have done DNA tests and are R1a, or its subclades.

I have done a Y111 STR test with ftdna, and more importantly the "Big Y" cost a fortune but is worth it to find out more info about our Y gene.

Firstly the Y67 still has me matching 10 members of the Eustice family.

I also wanted to tell you that your terminal SNP (i.e your haplogroup is confirmed as R-Z283)

With my Big Y result, I can now confirm that we have a new Novel Branch underneath of R-Z283, this Branch will remain Novel, until sombody else tests with the Big Y.

As a suggestion, would any existing testers be interested in getting the BigY test done?

This would be very beneficial to the Eustice family, as currently we all cluster together, and most of the Eustice family would be on this new Branch of the R1a tree, under R-Z283.

This would further Science, and the R1a tree, also the history of the Eustice family, it should also enable us to get a time of MRCA (Most recent common ancestor)

Its also definitely worth you joining the ftdna the R1a Project, as there is expert help from the Admins.

This might eventually shine a light on, if our Eustice line were indeed Normans or Norwegian Vikings or some other group.

My Best Regards

Stephen.
    This is where we currently are on the R1a tree:-
    Attachment 20905
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-18-2018 at 09:56 AM. Reason: additions
    Gedmatch
    23andme
    Hidden Content
    LivingDNA
    Hidden Content

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Adrian Stevenson (01-21-2018),  Dibran (01-18-2018),  JMcB (01-05-2019),  JohnHowellsTyrfro (01-21-2018),  lgmayka (01-18-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    U106 Z326 R-BY27310
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c1b2a

United Kingdom Wales
    This is where we currently are on the R1a tree:-
    Attachment 20905
    Just out of curiosity Stephen, is much known about the geographical origins of the Eustace members in relation to Britain and Ireland? John

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnHowellsTyrfro For This Useful Post:

JMcB (01-05-2019),  [email protected] (01-21-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Welsh,+ flags
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a- Z283 - Y128147
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1a

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHowellsTyrfro View Post
    Just out of curiosity Stephen, is much known about the geographical origins of the Eustace members in relation to Britain and Ireland? John
    Hi John,

According to my Y67 matches the earliest known ancestors of these Eustice are all from the Republic of Ireland.
    See screen grab below.
    Attachment 20949
    Gedmatch
    23andme
    Hidden Content
    LivingDNA
    Hidden Content

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

JMcB (01-05-2019),  JohnHowellsTyrfro (01-21-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    U106 Z326 R-BY27310
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c1b2a

United Kingdom Wales
    Hi John,

According to my Y67 matches the earliest known ancestors of these Eustice are all from the Republic of Ireland.
    See screen grab below.
    Attachment 20949
    Ireland and South West Wales is interesting.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnHowellsTyrfro For This Useful Post:

JMcB (01-05-2019),  [email protected] (01-21-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Welsh,+ flags
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a- Z283 - Y128147
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1a

Yeah, on the Y25, I get a Thomas, of Welsh origin, also a Tucker unknown origin, and Reid of unknown origin. Suppose Reid could be Scottish, Tucker could be English or Irish depends.
    Gedmatch
    23andme
    Hidden Content
    LivingDNA
    Hidden Content

12. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

JohnHowellsTyrfro (01-21-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Welsh,+ flags
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a- Z283 - Y128147
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1a

Yeah, on the Y25, I get a Thomas, of Welsh origin, also a Tucker unknown origin, and Reid of unknown origin. Suppose Reid could be Scottish, Tucker could be English or Irish depends.
    And now also a McDonald from Northern Ireland.
    So what does the Eustace, Reid, Tucker, McDonald, Thomas, and me, have in common, and what is the likely origin into the British Isles?
    Gedmatch
    23andme
    Hidden Content
    LivingDNA
    Hidden Content

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

JMcB (01-05-2019),  JohnHowellsTyrfro (07-21-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    U106 Z326 R-BY27310
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c1b2a

United Kingdom Wales
    And now also a McDonald from Northern Ireland.
    So what does the Eustace, Reid, Tucker, McDonald, Thomas, and me, have in common, and what is the likely origin into the British Isles?
    I have to be honest Stephen my confidence in speculating is somewhat reduced. In my own case owing to paternal ancestral descendants in Scandinavia I was pretty sure I was narrowing our (U106) paternal line UK origin down to Norse or Norman but at the moment the dating seems to indicate a migration from Britain to Scandinavia sometime around 1200AD rather than the other way around. So no nearer in finding out when the paternal line arrived in the UK.
    It would be tempting to speculate on a Norse origin in your own case (Scotland Ireland and SW Wales) but of course that could be completely wrong. I suspect many of these population movements are much more complex than we appreciate. Good luck in getting to the bottom of it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnHowellsTyrfro For This Useful Post:

JMcB (01-05-2019),  [email protected] (07-21-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germani/Norse-Gael
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    U106DF98KingsCluster
    mtDNA (M)
    T2b2b/Tipperary
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Y5061 O'Duibhir
    mtDNA (P)
    German or Isles

Ireland Scotland Germany Imperial Norway England Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHowellsTyrfro View Post
    I have to be honest Stephen my confidence in speculating is somewhat reduced. In my own case owing to paternal ancestral descendants in Scandinavia I was pretty sure I was narrowing our (U106) paternal line UK origin down to Norse or Norman but at the moment the dating seems to indicate a migration from Britain to Scandinavia sometime around 1200AD rather than the other way around. So no nearer in finding out when the paternal line arrived in the UK.
    It would be tempting to speculate on a Norse origin in your own case (Scotland Ireland and SW Wales) but of course that could be completely wrong. I suspect many of these population movements are much more complex than we appreciate. Good luck in getting to the bottom of it.
    Same here in a sense even though we have those recent Germanic migration papers (Lombard, Baiuvarii etc)... my sub group under DF98 and S1911 etc (see my signature - group S1911 and S1900/S1894 being confirmed in early Unetice culture burial at Jinonice near Prague) and the paternal line of the York Gladiator 6drif-3 etc - the dating and splitting of my little group would seem to say the same as the bolded bit there John as we have our little group that splits off around the time we have that group of SNPs with 6drif-3 and then under that, including myself, would be some probable descendants of Isles people (these are Americans themselves and no confirmed MDKA outside of America I think) and two Swedes who have a closer MDKA and common ancestor - so it makes it look like their common ancestor was in Great Britain before Sweden etc ;-).

Edit: For the record though one of the "newest" members of the S4004 group has a German and then Dutch origin.
    Last edited by Bollox79; 07-21-2018 at 08:00 AM.
    Y-DNA: 5th GGF Captain Johann Martin Weber, 1st Pennsylvania (Long) Rifles/Rangers of the Frontier, Rev. War, b. 1739 in Rhineland, Germany, d. 1804 Dauphin, PA. : R1b-U106-DF98-S1911-S1894/S1900-S4004... FGC14817 shared with 6drif-3 - one of the "Headless" Roman Gladiator/Soldiers of Eboracum.

mtDNA: 3rd GGM Bridget O'Danagher b. 1843 Lorrha/Dorrha, Ireland - T2b2b - Pagan Icelander SSG-A3 (grave 4) - Sķlastašir in Eyjafjaršarsżsla, North Iceland is T2b2b.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bollox79 For This Useful Post:

JMcB (01-05-2019),  JohnHowellsTyrfro (07-21-2018),  [email protected] (07-21-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Welsh,+ flags
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a- Z283 - Y128147
    mtDNA (M)
    J2a1a1a

So just an update on our terminal Haplogroup
    James McDonald originally from Northen Ireland tested the Big Y, and I can confirm we match. And have created a new Branch off R-Z283
    So we are now officially:-
    Y-DNA
    R1a - Z283 - BY135739
    Gedmatch
    23andme
    Hidden Content
    LivingDNA
    Hidden Content

20. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

JMcB (01-05-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast