Thread: Would the Predynastic to Middle Kingdom Egyptians be connected stock to Mespotamia?

Would the Predynastic to Middle Kingdom Egyptians be connected stock to Mespotamia?

Obviously they'd have more SSA, but I'm figuring that enough of the West Asian ancestry they did have would be that of what Sumerians and other Mespotamians had or close.

I base this on the looks of Old Kingdom to Middle Kingdom sculptures (which I would call more reliable for figuring out the looks of the AEs over paintings).

Quote Originally Posted by Umer View Post
    Obviously they'd have more SSA, but I'm figuring that enough of the West Asian ancestry they did have would be that of what Sumerians and other Mespotamians had or close.

I base this on the looks of Old Kingdom to Middle Kingdom sculptures (which I would call more reliable for figuring out the looks of the AEs over paintings).
    No, the recent DNA test on Egyptian mummies from various periods show they had less SSA admixture than Egyptians of today. Most Sub-Saharan admixture in Egypt came with the Arab Slave trade and further Integration of Nubians which lead to more mixing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jartan For This Useful Post:

Targum (01-09-2018)