Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What about a sauna, good for you or something you would never experience?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    西男子
    Nationality
    美國人
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z255
    mtDNA
    HV4a1

United Kingdom Italy Germany Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    I like sitting in sauna room twice a week after my workout, I love how relaxed it makes me. A nice shower after that and you sleep like a baby.
    How the hell do people do that? I used to go to saunas in Korea, but I couldn't even walk in there. Other folks would be layin' down, and my ass was burnin'.
    Maternal grandfather (MDKA: Johannes Nicholas Schaefer, Germany) - yDNA: R1b-U106+, mtDNA: T2
    Maternal grandmother (MDKA: Angelina Centrella, Avellino, Campania, Italia) - mtDNA: HV4a1

Other surnames: Linker, Ridenhour, Fouts, Hiers, Wagner, Schüttenhelm, DeFonce (J2), Marano, Holton, Herndon (R1b-U106+), Padgett (R1b-U106+), Widdrington/Witherington (I1) Rambo (R1a-Z284+)

Administrator for Hidden Content , Hidden Content , and Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    M3a2

India Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire India Punjab Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopfjäger View Post
    How the hell do people do that? I used to go to saunas in Korea, but I couldn't even walk in there. Other folks would be layin' down, and my ass was burnin'.
    Haha it takes time to get used to it. I'm quite used to being in hot environment because of working in pizza stores.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

Kopfjäger (01-15-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    西男子
    Nationality
    美國人
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z255
    mtDNA
    HV4a1

United Kingdom Italy Germany Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    Haha it takes time to get used to it. I'm quite used to being in hot environment because of working in pizza stores.
    I guess I should start with medium heat first lol.
    Maternal grandfather (MDKA: Johannes Nicholas Schaefer, Germany) - yDNA: R1b-U106+, mtDNA: T2
    Maternal grandmother (MDKA: Angelina Centrella, Avellino, Campania, Italia) - mtDNA: HV4a1

Other surnames: Linker, Ridenhour, Fouts, Hiers, Wagner, Schüttenhelm, DeFonce (J2), Marano, Holton, Herndon (R1b-U106+), Padgett (R1b-U106+), Widdrington/Witherington (I1) Rambo (R1a-Z284+)

Administrator for Hidden Content , Hidden Content , and Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Finnish
    Y-DNA
    I1d3a
    mtDNA
    H1n4

Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by Volat View Post
    In our traditional sauna 'laznia' we call them , 'banya' in Russian wood is the only choice of fuel. Or coal. Electric heating is available in saunas of large cities combined with swimming pools. We look down upon such saunas. The best are traditional saunas outside of cities heated by wood.

Birch branches (dziarkach or venik in Russian) are usually made of birch branches, because birch is a common tree in forests. One can buy birch sap collected in spring in shops, but that's another story :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birch_sap

Oak branches are also used but not as often as Birch.

Modern Russian 'banya' (sauna)

Very nice sauna or banya. In woodwork it has used a lot of artistic imagination. It is a big experience to step into to that building. It might have been nice to understand the spoken russian language in that video. Are there other saunas like this is Russian?

best utR!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to utR! For This Useful Post:

Volat (Today)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by utR! View Post
    Very nice sauna or banya. In woodwork it has used a lot of artistic imagination. It is a big experience to step into to that building. It might have been nice to understand the spoken russian language in that video. Are there other saunas like this is Russian?

best utR!
    It's a vip sauna. Only few saunas like this owned by wealthy people. He describes rooms in sauna and building technology. How to build so certain places to accumulate fungas on wood, the type of wood in certain sections etc.
    Last edited by Volat; Today at 01:34 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Volat For This Useful Post:

Nibelung (Today)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234