Thread: Confusing haplogroups on Morley

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Confusing haplogroups on Morley

Either my data (from Ancestry. com) is messed up or I am just confused about the site. But it looks like I am a Scandinavian looking at I1 (that's legit I think), D2 (Asian), D-M174 (not found outside of Asia supposedly, centered around Tibet I think), and A1 (central African). It looks like others have posted Y-DNA. I'd be straight up Rb1, I1, a bit of N1 and R1a. I am Swede, Dane, Norwegian, miniscule Finn (Forrest Finn that settled in Sweden), and probably a little Saami Swede based on a little Russian and North African thrown into some other assessments, inconsistently. But these Ds don't line up with that as far as I know. What is it I don't get about the Morley test? Or these haplogroups? I could just be Russian. But I don't understand the A1. And D-174 stays in Asia. My data must be crap.

Or would Morley site not have comparison markers for D5?? I've run into lack of test/comparison population with the Saami thing. So maybe I'm Tibetan now? No, I'm really not. ???? But I'm more likely to believe I'm not understanding something here. D2 is specific to Japan? I do believe I have Asian haplogroups, but the versions that arrived in NW Russia most likely. Is there maybe an error with Ancestry. com data and the tool here? There is an option to upload it. Or is there any link I can't find? I'm not seeing anything else on these particular D groups outside of East Asia.
    Last edited by Kurki; 01-10-2018 at 02:47 AM. Reason: (condense two posts)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

(condensed two posts, don't see how to delete, sorry)
    Last edited by Kurki; 01-10-2018 at 02:49 AM. Reason: don't need it

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    "Celto-Germanic"
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    I-A14097

Canada Netherlands Scotland Ireland Northern Ireland England
    I think you're confused about the site, you don't have multiple Y-DNA haplogroups, you only have one. They are also not indicative of ethnicities such as Japanese, Tibetan or Russian (at least not necessarily).

The Morley Predictor should have a haplogroup on the left hand side of the screen with "most likely" in parentheses.
    Y-DNA: I-A14097 [Big Y: Complete] downstream of A13241 (Scotland)
    mtDNA: pending (Westeremden, Netherlands)
    Other lines:
    R-M222 x2 (Ireland), R-L21 x2 (Ireland & Scotland), I-M223 (Ireland), R-S1141 (Scotland), R-U198 & R-U106 (Netherlands), mtHg J1c3 (Ireland)
    Known ancestry
    Paternal: Britain & Ireland, France and Germany
    Maternal: Netherlands

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spruithean For This Useful Post:

JMcB (01-13-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

It posted four. "Most likely" was D2a (D2a1b2). Fairly not common if your ancestry is Scandinavian, though some Asian mtDNA might show up if a little bit Finn or Sami. Second one of this list was I1 though, so I will just assume the "most likely" was a miscalculation and the "most likely" part for what it is worth and not more (like absolute truth). I1 is very good fit to Sweden, which is what shows up most strongly in my DNA tests.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central 75% + 25% Masovia
    Nationality
    Pole
    Y-DNA
    R1a > M198 > YP 1337

Poland
    It never worked for my FTDNA data.
    K36 Ancestry Report, map and other ancestry tools - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content