Thread: T2f4

Registered Users
    Sex

T2f4

Hello,
    First post here.

I got my result last week and my mtDNA is T2f4, yet, I have some additional and missing variants. Anybody here have T2f4? Where do you come from? There isn't really much in internet about us, right?

My mum is Chechen. We trace the maternal line as much as 250 years and still Chechen. They have lived really isolated on the mountains, though with unconditional exogamy with other Chechen tribes(teips).

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    DF27, FGC15733
    mtDNA (M)
    T2f3

Whether there is any conversation about it depends to some extent on where you tested. FTDNA has a fair sized T2 project, broken down by the subclades; but the forum specific to project members (called the Activity Feed) has been turned off, for a few years. There is some current effort to turn it back on.

At LivingDNA there is no forum, but people get pretty good mtDNA haplogroup resolution from their inexpensive chip test. Maybe the Facebook group for that company will have some news, now and then. It's pretty random -- depending on the interests of the customers who sign in and post there.

23andMe has public discussions, poorly organized and barely moderated. If someone who tested there starts a T2f4 thread, and someone else responds, there may be an ongoing conversation. At least the search function should work for you, because T2f4 contains four characters. A three-character search (T2f) doesn't work on that forum.

You already found my post from 2-3 years ago. I think the dissertation that I cited has been removed from the site that formerly hosted it. But that scientist (Anna Szécsényi-Nagy) is still very active, co-author of papers released during 2017 and so on. She is Hungarian, but most of the papers are in English.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to razyn For This Useful Post:

maydonez (01-10-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex

I think I will write to Mannis van Oven and maybe also to Anna Nagy for her papers.
    Until now, the oldest T2f4 sample was found in west-central France. A woman named Catherine Vigneau who lived in 1600's. Though, she doesn't have any descendants from her female lineage who is survived.

Quote Originally Posted by razyn View Post
    Whether there is any conversation about it depends to some extent on where you tested. FTDNA has a fair sized T2 project, broken down by the subclades; but the forum specific to project members (called the Activity Feed) has been turned off, for a few years. There is some current effort to turn it back on.

At LivingDNA there is no forum, but people get pretty good mtDNA haplogroup resolution from their inexpensive chip test. Maybe the Facebook group for that company will have some news, now and then. It's pretty random -- depending on the interests of the customers who sign in and post there.

23andMe has public discussions, poorly organized and barely moderated. If someone who tested there starts a T2f4 thread, and someone else responds, there may be an ongoing conversation. At least the search function should work for you, because T2f4 contains four characters. A three-character search (T2f) doesn't work on that forum.

You already found my post from 2-3 years ago. I think the dissertation that I cited has been removed from the site that formerly hosted it. But that scientist (Anna Szécsényi-Nagy) is still very active, co-author of papers released during 2017 and so on. She is Hungarian, but most of the papers are in English.

I am T2f4. I am direct female line of Catherine Vigneau. My Name is Kimla McDaniel. Any other T2f4?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Nativeceltic View Post
    I am T2f4. I am direct female line of Catherine Vigneau. My Name is Kimla McDaniel. Any other T2f4?
    Hello.
    I am also T2f4, but I am not a descendant of Catherine Vigneau that I know of. Chances that I may be, is so small that you can even say it doesn't exist, Lol
    I haven't met any other T2f4's elsewhere either.