Thread: One oracle (file) to rule them all...

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2a1

Canada Quebec United Kingdom Ireland Finland

One oracle (file) to rule them all...

OK, maybe not that extreme, but I have something I would like to do and could use some help with it.

You may have seen the thread where I have been testing a new approach to oracles that does not attempt to blindly fit puzzle pieces together but rather uses a starting point from a best guess admixture. So far it seems to be functioning decently. But it has brought an issue to the fore for me that I think needs to be addressed. The oracle spreadsheets at least on gedmatch are missing a piece of information that I could incorporate into my oracle. That is the variance within a ethnicity. Suppose, as a totally made up example, that the British percentages for a k3 calculator spreadsheet were 30,20,50. I would like to be able to have 30+/-5,20+/-10,50+/-7 say.

To do that I would need to get data for individuals from representative nationalities. I am hoping that maybe someone has this kind of information for collections of people rather than get pelted with individual submissions (gedmatch numbers are OK or a collection of calculator results are better). I would be fine with settling on one calculator to do this for. At least at first.

I'm open to thoughts on this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to therrien.joel For This Useful Post:

Askye (01-14-2018)