Sex
    Ethnicity
    karius the black hair
    Nationality
    east med

Quote Originally Posted by BalkanKiwi View Post
    and a smart one who found easy way to earn money

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...lution-for-you
    Last edited by kingjohn; 01-29-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y45878
    mtDNA (M)
    H67

United Kingdom Scotland England Ireland
    Email at 10.33 am saying he was adding some bells and whistles and it would definitely be ready within 12 hours. I'm still waiting. Perhaps it's because my hg H67 is not that common and he's struggling to find stuff to do a detailed report.
    Please support Mental health research and world community grid

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    Z372
    mtDNA (M)
    J2b1a-T16311C!

Cornwall New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey View Post
    Email at 10.33 am saying he was adding some bells and whistles and it would definitely be ready within 12 hours. I'm still waiting. Perhaps it's because my hg H67 is not that common and he's struggling to find stuff to do a detailed report.
    It will be interesting to see what he comes up with. Twelve hours in not that long of a wait.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2a1

Perhaps it's because my hg H67 is not that common and he's struggling to find stuff to do a detailed report.
    Ian Logan summarizes GenBank mtDNA results for most haplogroups, here is is page for H67. Probably the best source of information will be your exact and close matches at FTDNA, many of whom are probably not in GenBank. Ideally, FTDNA would do more to encourage people to report a country of origin for their maternal lineage and then summarize and report this information. But that seems unlikely to happen.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GailT For This Useful Post:

ajc347 (01-30-2018),  Dewsloth (01-30-2018),  kingjohn (01-30-2018),  sgdavies@hotmail.com (01-30-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a - Z284

England Norway Germany Poland
    I'm still waiting, Have you heard anything firemonkey?
    Y-DNA R1a - Z284
    MtDNA - W1g

Ancestry
    Mostly English with minor East German/Polish.
    *Eurogenes K15 - West_German + West_Norwegian + West_Norwegian + West_Norwegian @ 6.696671
    *MDLP K23B - Dane_ + Dutch_ + Dutch_ + Dutch_ @ 1.366235
    *PuntDNAL K12 Ancient - Vatya_SG_RISE479 + Nordic_LN_SG_RISE97 + BattleAxe_Sweden_SG_RISE94 + BattleAxe_Sweden_SG_RISE94 @ 1.023980

Dad - Y-DNA R1a Z284 / MtDNA U5b2b1a1
    Mum - Y-DNA I1 / MtDNA W1g
    Granddad ( Mother's side ) - Y-DNA I1 / MtDNA H3y

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    P312>BY20474>BY36125
    mtDNA (M)
    V15a

England Ireland East Anglia Cornwall
    My report arrived earlier today in the small hours of the morning and made interesting reading.

It states that my Haplogroup, V15a, is too rare to create a distribution map for. Provides a distribution map for V and the author states that he has have found V15a in Britain, Denmark, Germany, Russia, and
    Finland.

I'm curious that there's no reference to Ireland and Norway in the report as Ireland is by far the predominant nation listed within my FTDNA matches (and was the country from which my maternal DNA entered England in the 1920's). I've been able to document my maternal Irish line back to 1797, hence my surprise that it was not mentioned.

The incidence of V15a within my FTDNA matches (for HVR1, HVR2 and the Coding Region), in descending order (excluding a handful of US and one Australian match), are: Ireland - Scotland - England - Wales - Norway - Sweden - Germany - Poland.

The report suggests that:

'I do suspect that V15a, along with many other mHGs such as K1a4a1a, H1c1, H7d, K2b1a, and others descend from the Funnel Beaker culture who were farmers of mostly Anatolian decent that resided in modern day Germany and Sweden. People in those locations today probably have the most Funnel Beaker derived ancestry. Possibly, V15a was restricted to that area until recently. Possibly it first spread to Britain with the Anglo-Saxon invasion which came out of Denmark'.

I'm not sure of the validity of this conclusion as it doesn't easily account for the high incidence of V15a in Ireland. I suspect that a more plausible explanation may well be that the potential migration route occurred via a later Scandinavian expansion (although I have little proof for this) and have emailed the author asking him to comment further.

All-in-all I feel that the report was 7$ well spent as it's helped give me an alternative counterpoint to my thoughts on the spread of V15a and I'd certainly recommend trying it.
    Last edited by ajc347; 01-31-2018 at 01:08 AM.
    Living DNA Test Results: Hidden Content
    Gedmatch kit: T185767
    Gedmatch Genesis beta kit: LD2584831

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajc347 For This Useful Post:

sgdavies@hotmail.com (01-30-2018),  Vestri (01-30-2018)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y45878
    mtDNA (M)
    H67

Quote Originally Posted by Vestri View Post
    I'm still waiting, Have you heard anything firemonkey?
    I emailed about 5 hours ago to check on progress and have not got a reply. Still waiting.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

10. The Following User Says Thank You to firemonkey For This Useful Post:

Vestri (01-30-2018)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    karius the black hair
    Nationality
    east med

I emailed about 5 hours ago to check on progress and have not got a reply. Still waiting.
    maybe he is doing homework
    or preparing for exam

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    British and Irish
    Nationality
    Great Britain
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-Y45878
    mtDNA (M)
    H67

I got my report. Distribution maps and Exists in etc are all to do with H and not H67 and therefore not very informative.

Some snippets from the report.

You belong to mtDNA (mHG) H67. I have only two examples of H67 in my database; one in Austria and
    one in Basque. One is from a Scotland FTDNA mitogenome. I’m pretty sure that mitogenome is you
    because it shares all three of your extra mutations; 4481A 11233c 16093c. Lol.
    So, I mean sorry but I don’t really have much else to say about your specific H subclade. I keep all
    customer’s email and mtDNA sequence in an excel spreadsheet. If I ever learn anything big about any of
    their mHGs I will email them. I’ll email you if I find anything new about H67.
    The mother-clade of H67, mHG H, has well over 100 subclades. The vast majority of mHG H’s subclades
    are super super super rare. Only about 15 are noticeable popular.

All that can be said about your mtDNA for certinity is it belongs to a super rare subclade of an extremely
    popular, widespread, and old lineage. The ambiguity of your mtDNA doesn’t make it any less ethnic or
    regional specific. With enough mitogenomes, I’m sure H67 would show a regional and or ethnic-specific
    distribution.
    Your mHG may be ethnic/regional specific. More mitogenomes are needed to find out.
    Often with an mtDNA test, if the results are looked at by someone like me who has studied mtDNA for
    years, it can be determined the region or ethno linguistic family one’s maternal line descends from.
    That’s why I decided to offer mtDNAwiki Reports at my blog. I knew I could help people learn about their
    mtDNA while also making money. However, still many haplogroups are so rare that it would require the
    sequencing 100s of mitogenomes of people from many populations to find what region and or ethnic
    group the haplogroup is most associated with. This is the case for you. I’m always disappointed when I
    have to write a report for someone who belongs to a really rare lineage I know very little about.
    It’ll still be another 5-10 years before geneticists gather mitogenomes from most populations in the
    world. You might have to wait till then to learn anything concrete about your mtDNA. Although,
    considering how popular DNA testing is becoming maybe not.
    Only one mutation links you and the two other H67’s in my database. H67 likely emerged sometime
    between 8,000 and 12,000 years ago. That’s a long time ago! The link between your H67 and the other
    H67(s) is pretty distant. It is almost as distant as the link between you and anyother form of H. When
    you go back just 5,000 years most ethnic groups in Europe share significant common ancestry. So it
    shouldn’t be a surprise to see H67 in multiple ethnic groups (Austria, Basque, Scotland). However,
    maybe your specific version of H67 is unique to Scotland or the British Isles or western Europe or
    whatever. More data is needed to know for sure.
    With FTDNA of matches that give a location.

GD 2

Ireland 2
    Scotland 2
    United Kingdom 1
    United States 1

GD 3

Ireland 1

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firemonkey For This Useful Post:

Dewsloth (01-30-2018),  kingjohn (01-30-2018),  timberwolf (01-30-2018)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    karius the black hair
    Nationality
    east med

at least you know it is european specific if it was found in ; austria, basque, scotland

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kingjohn For This Useful Post:

timberwolf (01-30-2018)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast