Thread: Autosomal comparison of eastern Black Sea (Pontus) and neighboring peoples

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pontian Greek
    Nationality
    Turkish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a
    mtDNA (M)
    H14b

Greece Turkey

Autosomal comparison of eastern Black Sea (Pontus) and neighboring peoples

Here is arguably the most important article of my eastern Black Sea (Pontus) region genetics blog. In this article I make comparisons of the autosomal results of the peoples of the eastern Black Sea region and its environs with both population average charts and dendrograms based on those population averages. Feel free to make comments or ask questions in this thread.

https://easternblackseadna.blogspot....ern-black.html
    Last edited by Theodore Gavras; 01-31-2018 at 09:25 PM.
    easternblackseadna.blogspot.com

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Theodore Gavras For This Useful Post:

GiourkasNinisiadis (01-31-2018),  Onur Dincer (01-31-2018),  Thracian88 (02-01-2018),  Tomenable (02-02-2018)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pontic Greek

Greece
    h ttps://youtu.be/oo7URznpXjA

Pontic results

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GiourkasNinisiadis For This Useful Post:

Lupus82 (02-01-2018),  Onur Dincer (01-31-2018),  Thracian88 (02-01-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b>U152>L2>FGC32049
    mtDNA (M)
    X2e2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a>YP294>BY90442
    mtDNA (P)
    T2b

Cappadocian Kingdom Thracian Odrysian Kingdom Greek Macedonia Byzantine Empire Ottoman Empire Turkey
    Congratulations Theodore! Your efforts for months are finally bearing fruit. Well done!
    Hidden Content

Own Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32042>FGC 32049; Nigde, Turkey
    Own mtDNA: X2e2a3; Drama, Greece
    Maternal Y-DNA: R1a>Y40>YP294>BY90442; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's mtDNA: T2b; Nigde, Turkey
    Paternal grandfather's mtDNA: H2a1; Nigde, Turkey
    Maternal grandfather's mtDNA: H5o; Razgrad, Bulgaria
    Father's maternal Y-DNA: R1b>P312>U152>L2>Z41150>DF90>FGC14641>FGC32042; Nigde, Turkey

Ālim-i Rūm (Scholar of Hidden Content )

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onur Dincer For This Useful Post:

GiourkasNinisiadis (01-31-2018),  Theodore Gavras (01-31-2018)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pontic Greek

Greece
    I’m from USA my parents are from Salonica my great grandparents are from Trabzon

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GiourkasNinisiadis For This Useful Post:

Onur Dincer (01-31-2018),  Theodore Gavras (01-31-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Sephardi
    Nationality
    Turkish
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M84
    mtDNA (M)
    H14b

I also agree that the results look very good, thanks for your efforts. Where will you continue from here on? Do you think of extending your sample size or go deeper in your analysis.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to eolien For This Useful Post:

Theodore Gavras (02-01-2018)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central 75% + 25% Mazovia
    Nationality
    Pole
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a > M198 > YP 1337

Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Gavras View Post
    Here is arguably the most important article of my eastern Black Sea (Pontus) region genetics blog. In this article I make comparisons of the autosomal results of the peoples of the eastern Black Sea region and its environs with both population average charts and dendrograms based on those population averages. Feel free to make comments or ask questions in this thread.

https://easternblackseadna.blogspot....ern-black.html
    You use R for dendros?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pontian Greek
    Nationality
    Turkish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a
    mtDNA (M)
    H14b

Greece Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by eolien View Post
    I also agree that the results look very good, thanks for your efforts. Where will you continue from here on? Do you think of extending your sample size or go deeper in your analysis.
    Thank you for your kindness, I will continue to update the results as more samples come. I can go deeper by doing studies on ancient results and analyzing them together with modern results. I will gladly listen to you if you have some advice.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theodore Gavras For This Useful Post:

eolien (02-02-2018),  Onur Dincer (02-01-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pontian Greek
    Nationality
    Turkish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a
    mtDNA (M)
    H14b

Greece Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by lukaszM View Post
    You use R for dendros?
    I use this website for dendrograms: http://genomes.urv.cat

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theodore Gavras For This Useful Post:

Lupus82 (02-02-2018),  Onur Dincer (02-01-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Sephardi
    Nationality
    Turkish
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-M84
    mtDNA (M)
    H14b

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Gavras View Post
    Thank you for your kindness, I will continue to update the results as more samples come. I can go deeper by doing studies on ancient results and analyzing them together with modern results. I will gladly listen to you if you have some advice.
    I assume you don't have neither the raw data nor uniparental results and you want to continue on autosomal data. If this is the case, I don't know what the others think but I have 2 points come to my mind at this stage : First, adding the standard deviations to the averages of MDLP K16 results and proving statistically that the differences are significant. Second, to colloborate with Armenian and Greek groups to find more Greek samples from Gumushane, Bayburt and more Armenian samples originally from eastern turkey. The latter is important because armenians are not a very homogenous population.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pontian Greek
    Nationality
    Turkish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2a
    mtDNA (M)
    H14b

Greece Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by eolien View Post
    I assume you don't have neither the raw data nor uniparental results and you want to continue on autosomal data. If this is the case, I don't know what the others think but I have 2 points come to my mind at this stage : First, adding the standard deviations to the averages of MDLP K16 results and proving statistically that the differences are significant. Second, to colloborate with Armenian and Greek groups to find more Greek samples from Gumushane, Bayburt and more Armenian samples originally from eastern turkey. The latter is important because armenians are not a very homogenous population.
    I already explored the Y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroup results of the peoples of the eastern Black Sea (Pontus) region, especially the Y-DNA haplogroups, in my blog. You can check them out using the Haplogroup label: https://easternblackseadna.blogspot....bel/Haplogroup I thank you for your advices and will consider them seriously. In fact, I am already in contact with several admins of various genetic projects, including the Pontic Greek and Armenian ones, I obtained many GEDmatch IDs (not raw data, I do not deal with raw data, at least not yet) and some other useful data from them.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theodore Gavras For This Useful Post:

eolien (02-02-2018),  Lupus82 (02-03-2018),  Onur Dincer (02-02-2018)