Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: South Asian Syeds results

  1. #61
    Registered Users
    Posts
    5,301
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by raza99 View Post
    Hi, I am a "syed" from Bihar-sharif, Bihar, India.
    These are my gedmatch HarappaWorld results.
    My paternal Haplogroup is R-Z93. Maternal is M-35b.

    I feel the left side and right side columns of the mixed mode oracle, have an interesting pattern going on. What would be your opinions?


    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 S-Indian 45.06
    2 Baloch 28.53
    3 Caucasian 7.34
    4 NE-Euro 6.96
    5 NE-Asian 3.81
    6 SW-Asian 2.1
    7 Mediterranean 2.04
    8 Beringian 1.2
    9 Siberian 1.14
    10 American 0.51
    11 Papuan 0.48
    12 SE-Asian 0.45
    13 E-African 0.37

    Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 64.3% chamar (metspalu) + 35.7% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 1.96
    2 65.1% kamsali (reich) + 34.9% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.23
    3 69.5% hallaki (reich) + 30.5% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.31
    4 75.1% up-scheduled-caste (metspalu) + 24.9% turkmen (yunusbayev) @ 2.37
    5 84.7% up-muslim (metspalu) + 15.3% turk-aydin (hodoglugil) @ 2.42
    6 63.2% sakilli (chaubey) + 36.8% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.44
    7 70.2% kol (metspalu) + 29.8% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.52
    8 84.5% up-muslim (metspalu) + 15.5% nogai (yunusbayev) @ 2.53
    9 63.5% bhil (reich) + 36.5% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.55
    10 60.8% madiga (reich) + 39.2% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.56
    11 85.4% caribbean-indian (harappa) + 14.6% turkmen (yunusbayev) @ 2.7
    12 61.4% ap-madiga (xing) + 38.6% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.75
    13 82.3% kanjar (metspalu) + 17.7% turk-aydin (hodoglugil) @ 2.78
    14 88% caribbean-indian (harappa) + 12% nogai (yunusbayev) @ 2.78
    15 88.6% bihari (harappa) + 11.4% turk-aydin (hodoglugil) @ 2.88
    16 82.1% kanjar (metspalu) + 17.9% nogai (yunusbayev) @ 2.89
    17 73.5% up-scheduled-caste (metspalu) + 26.5% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.98
    18 69.5% up-muslim (harappa) + 30.5% chenchu (reich) @ 2.99
    19 79.1% up-scheduled-caste (metspalu) + 20.9% nogai (yunusbayev) @ 3.01
    20 62.8% tamil-vishwakarma (harappa) + 37.2% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 3.01
    Seems like your Syed ancestor was Bukhari or some kind of central Asian. Although your Ydna seems to be local R1a.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

     AlluGobi (03-22-2021),  Amber29 (03-22-2021),  Jatt1 (03-22-2021),  karnalIroh (03-22-2021),  laltota (03-25-2021),  raza99 (03-22-2021),  subzero85 (04-02-2021)

  3. #62
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3
    Sex

    You belong to which village of BiharSharif and which Saadat group

  4. #63
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by raza99 View Post
    Hi, I am a "syed" from Bihar-sharif, Bihar, India.
    These are my gedmatch HarappaWorld results.
    My paternal Haplogroup is R-Z93. Maternal is M-35b.

    I feel the left side and right side columns of the mixed mode oracle, have an interesting pattern going on. What would be your opinions?


    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 S-Indian 45.06
    2 Baloch 28.53
    3 Caucasian 7.34
    4 NE-Euro 6.96
    5 NE-Asian 3.81
    6 SW-Asian 2.1
    7 Mediterranean 2.04
    8 Beringian 1.2
    9 Siberian 1.14
    10 American 0.51
    11 Papuan 0.48
    12 SE-Asian 0.45
    13 E-African 0.37

    Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 64.3% chamar (metspalu) + 35.7% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 1.96
    2 65.1% kamsali (reich) + 34.9% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.23
    3 69.5% hallaki (reich) + 30.5% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.31
    4 75.1% up-scheduled-caste (metspalu) + 24.9% turkmen (yunusbayev) @ 2.37
    5 84.7% up-muslim (metspalu) + 15.3% turk-aydin (hodoglugil) @ 2.42
    6 63.2% sakilli (chaubey) + 36.8% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.44
    7 70.2% kol (metspalu) + 29.8% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.52
    8 84.5% up-muslim (metspalu) + 15.5% nogai (yunusbayev) @ 2.53
    9 63.5% bhil (reich) + 36.5% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.55
    10 60.8% madiga (reich) + 39.2% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.56
    11 85.4% caribbean-indian (harappa) + 14.6% turkmen (yunusbayev) @ 2.7
    12 61.4% ap-madiga (xing) + 38.6% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.75
    13 82.3% kanjar (metspalu) + 17.7% turk-aydin (hodoglugil) @ 2.78
    14 88% caribbean-indian (harappa) + 12% nogai (yunusbayev) @ 2.78
    15 88.6% bihari (harappa) + 11.4% turk-aydin (hodoglugil) @ 2.88
    16 82.1% kanjar (metspalu) + 17.9% nogai (yunusbayev) @ 2.89
    17 73.5% up-scheduled-caste (metspalu) + 26.5% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 2.98
    18 69.5% up-muslim (harappa) + 30.5% chenchu (reich) @ 2.99
    19 79.1% up-scheduled-caste (metspalu) + 20.9% nogai (yunusbayev) @ 3.01
    20 62.8% tamil-vishwakarma (harappa) + 37.2% tajik (yunusbayev) @ 3.01
    You belong to which village or khankah or Sadaat group of BiharSharif, are you Mallick Syed of BiharSharif?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahmer786 For This Useful Post:

     raza99 (03-22-2021)

  6. #64
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Muslim Bihar
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z93

    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmer786 View Post
    You belong to which village or khankah or Sadaat group of BiharSharif, are you Mallick Syed of BiharSharif?
    My paternal side claims to be Syed and my grandfather passed away before I was born. I don't think we are Mallicks, but I will refrain from saying things, before confirming the details. I will get back to this thread with the info in future.

  7. #65
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by raza99 View Post
    My paternal side claims to be Syed and my grandfather passed away before I was born. I don't think we are Mallicks, but I will refrain from saying things, before confirming the details. I will get back to this thread with the info in future.
    What’s your mother side caste shaikh ?

  8. #66
    Registered Users
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Muslim Bihar
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Z93

    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmer786 View Post
    What’s your mother side caste shaikh ?
    Yes, actually!

  9. #67
    Registered Users
    Posts
    778
    Sex
    Location
    London, UK
    Ethnicity
    Bihari, UPite and Bengali
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    O2a1c-JST002611
    mtDNA (M)
    M6a1a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a1a-Z93, R-M560

    India Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by raza99 View Post
    Yes, actually!
    Are both sides of your family from Bihar Sharif?

    Most of my maternal side is from Siwan, Bihar but we have intermarried with families from Bihar Sharif too.

  10. #68
    Registered Users
    Posts
    482
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y6

    My Paternal uncle. MDL has taken a look and says it shows more of a Central Asian mixture instead of Iranian

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 Baloch 35.86
    2 S-Indian 33.02
    3 Caucasian 9.91
    4 NE-Euro 6.75
    5 Mediterranean 3.88
    6 SW-Asian 3.83
    7 Siberian 3.04
    8 NE-Asian 2.10


    Finished reading population data. 377 populations found.
    16 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 up-muslim_harappa @ 4.357187
    2 gujarati-muslim_harappa @ 5.513995
    3 punjabi_harappa @ 5.753206
    4 pushtikar-brahmin_harappa @ 6.384236
    5 punjabi-jatt-muslim_harappa @ 6.787147
    6 kashmiri-pandit_reich @ 7.134447
    7 kashmiri-pahari_harappa @ 7.271508
    8 kashmiri_harappa @ 7.436440
    9 nepali_harappa @ 7.447775
    10 singapore-indian-c_sgvp @ 7.546604
    11 punjabi-ramgarhia_harappa @ 7.579695
    12 punjabi-brahmin_harappa @ 7.958701
    13 nepalese-a_xing @ 9.298099
    14 punjabi-jatt-sikh_harappa @ 9.535517
    15 punjabi-arain_xing @ 9.590561
    16 punjabi-khatri_harappa @ 9.664124
    17 rajasthani-brahmin_harappa @ 9.817131
    18 bihari-brahmin_harappa @ 10.257105
    19 sindhi_harappa @ 10.374112
    20 up-brahmin_harappa @ 10.674819

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% gujarati-muslim_harappa +50% up-muslim_harappa @ 4.087067


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% kerala-brahmin_harappa +25% meena_metspalu +25% turkmen_yunusbayev @ 2.883279


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++
    1 balochi_hgdp + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev + up-scheduled-caste_metspalu @ 2.137506
    2 balochi_hgdp + naidu_reich + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.221418
    3 balochi_hgdp + kol_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.233024
    4 balochi_hgdp + hallaki_reich + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.238307
    5 balochi_hgdp + kurumba_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.264821
    6 brahui_hgdp + hallaki_reich + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.290980
    7 balochi_hgdp + dusadh_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.337926
    8 balochi_hgdp + lodi_reich + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.350567
    9 balochi_hgdp + singapore-indian-a_sgvp + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.395133
    10 balochi_hgdp + piramalai-kallar_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.428720
    11 brahui_hgdp + chamar_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.465295
    12 kol_metspalu + makrani_hgdp + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.475331
    13 brahui_hgdp + chenchu_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.488545
    14 balochi_hgdp + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev + tamil-nadar_harappa @ 2.489478
    15 bhil_reich + brahui_hgdp + oriya_harappa + turkmen_yunusbayev @ 2.534161
    16 cochin-jew_behar + dharkar_metspalu + sindhi_hgdp + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.538052
    17 dharkar_metspalu + oriya_harappa + sindhi_hgdp + turkmen_yunusbayev @ 2.542712
    18 brahui_hgdp + kol_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.543077
    19 balochi_hgdp + south-african-indian_harappa + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.551185
    20 brahui_hgdp + chamar_metspalu + oriya_harappa + turkmen_yunusbayev @ 2.561512

  11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Raza94 For This Useful Post:

     Amber29 (04-01-2021),  deuterium_1 (04-01-2021),  Kapisa (04-01-2021),  kpb (04-01-2021),  misanthropy (04-01-2021),  MuslimPatel123 (04-02-2021),  parasar (04-02-2021),  subzero85 (04-02-2021)

  12. #69
    Registered Users
    Posts
    551
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Awadhi
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2- (J-Z6082)
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d1a

    Quote Originally Posted by Raza94 View Post
    My Paternal uncle. MDL has taken a look and says it shows more of a Central Asian mixture instead of Iranian

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 Baloch 35.86
    2 S-Indian 33.02
    3 Caucasian 9.91
    4 NE-Euro 6.75
    5 Mediterranean 3.88
    6 SW-Asian 3.83
    7 Siberian 3.04
    8 NE-Asian 2.10


    Finished reading population data. 377 populations found.
    16 components mode.

    --------------------------------

    Least-squares method.

    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 up-muslim_harappa @ 4.357187
    2 gujarati-muslim_harappa @ 5.513995
    3 punjabi_harappa @ 5.753206
    4 pushtikar-brahmin_harappa @ 6.384236
    5 punjabi-jatt-muslim_harappa @ 6.787147
    6 kashmiri-pandit_reich @ 7.134447
    7 kashmiri-pahari_harappa @ 7.271508
    8 kashmiri_harappa @ 7.436440
    9 nepali_harappa @ 7.447775
    10 singapore-indian-c_sgvp @ 7.546604
    11 punjabi-ramgarhia_harappa @ 7.579695
    12 punjabi-brahmin_harappa @ 7.958701
    13 nepalese-a_xing @ 9.298099
    14 punjabi-jatt-sikh_harappa @ 9.535517
    15 punjabi-arain_xing @ 9.590561
    16 punjabi-khatri_harappa @ 9.664124
    17 rajasthani-brahmin_harappa @ 9.817131
    18 bihari-brahmin_harappa @ 10.257105
    19 sindhi_harappa @ 10.374112
    20 up-brahmin_harappa @ 10.674819

    Using 2 populations approximation:
    1 50% gujarati-muslim_harappa +50% up-muslim_harappa @ 4.087067


    Using 3 populations approximation:
    1 50% kerala-brahmin_harappa +25% meena_metspalu +25% turkmen_yunusbayev @ 2.883279


    Using 4 populations approximation:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++
    1 balochi_hgdp + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev + up-scheduled-caste_metspalu @ 2.137506
    2 balochi_hgdp + naidu_reich + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.221418
    3 balochi_hgdp + kol_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.233024
    4 balochi_hgdp + hallaki_reich + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.238307
    5 balochi_hgdp + kurumba_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.264821
    6 brahui_hgdp + hallaki_reich + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.290980
    7 balochi_hgdp + dusadh_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.337926
    8 balochi_hgdp + lodi_reich + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.350567
    9 balochi_hgdp + singapore-indian-a_sgvp + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.395133
    10 balochi_hgdp + piramalai-kallar_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.428720
    11 brahui_hgdp + chamar_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.465295
    12 kol_metspalu + makrani_hgdp + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.475331
    13 brahui_hgdp + chenchu_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.488545
    14 balochi_hgdp + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev + tamil-nadar_harappa @ 2.489478
    15 bhil_reich + brahui_hgdp + oriya_harappa + turkmen_yunusbayev @ 2.534161
    16 cochin-jew_behar + dharkar_metspalu + sindhi_hgdp + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.538052
    17 dharkar_metspalu + oriya_harappa + sindhi_hgdp + turkmen_yunusbayev @ 2.542712
    18 brahui_hgdp + kol_metspalu + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.543077
    19 balochi_hgdp + south-african-indian_harappa + sri-lankan_harappa + tajik_yunusbayev @ 2.551185
    20 brahui_hgdp + chamar_metspalu + oriya_harappa + turkmen_yunusbayev @ 2.561512
    These components seem to be the notable ones compared to UP Syeds:
    5 Mediterranean 3.88
    6 SW-Asian 3.83
    7 Siberian 3.04
    8 NE-Asian 2.10

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to subzero85 For This Useful Post:

     misanthropy (04-02-2021),  MuslimPatel123 (04-02-2021),  Raza94 (04-02-2021)

  14. #70
    Registered Users
    Posts
    482
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y6

    Quote Originally Posted by subzero85 View Post
    These components seem to be the notable ones compared to UP Syeds:
    5 Mediterranean 3.88
    6 SW-Asian 3.83
    7 Siberian 3.04
    8 NE-Asian 2.10
    Yea the MED is surprising me, I thought it would be from his moms side cause mine is low but I guess its our side. Overall though it seems like the Syed ancestry is coming from Central Asia, most likely Bukhari. My guess would be they settled somewhere in Delhi/UP area and then were given land in Punjab and have stayed there since.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raza94 For This Useful Post:

     Ahmed Ali (04-02-2021),  MonkeyDLuffy (04-02-2021),  MuslimPatel123 (04-02-2021),  subzero85 (04-02-2021)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-18-2021, 09:38 PM
  2. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 10-09-2020, 07:43 AM
  3. New South Asian Results
    By Searcher in forum 23andMe
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2019, 12:14 PM
  4. South Asian results
    By Mstock in forum WeGene
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-07-2018, 09:17 PM
  5. Eurasia K9 ASI - South Asian Results
    By ackkracck in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2018, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •