Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Morley Y-dna predictor result

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    235
    Sex

    Morley Y-dna predictor result

    So my haplogroup up to now is E-V1515* without using bigy

    I have tested my ftdna SNPs with Morley Y-dna predictor
    the experimental tree: E1b1b1b2(E-Z830) - Most likely

    The experimental tree in my opinion seems more accurate because it comes from the same line as E-V1515*
    would this make the experimental tree the correct result in this case.
    Last edited by Missouri1455; 02-05-2018 at 04:30 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Missouri1455 For This Useful Post:

     Power77 (02-05-2018)

  3. #2
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,561
    Sex
    Omitted
    Location
    Arabsiyo,Somaliland
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

    Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    Why don't you test some of the SNPs on ftdna? It is much cheaper than getting the bigY.

    Also how common is this subclade among Yemenis? Cause judging from the Yfull it seems mostly like a Saudi/Kuwaiti subclade except the V6 which peaks among the Afars/Saho....
    Target: Drobbah_scaled
    Distance: 5.8697% / 0.05869706
    53.4 SUDANESE7
    21.0 Saudi
    20.4 Levant_PPNB
    5.2 ETH_4500BP

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

     Power77 (02-05-2018)

  5. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    235
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    Why don't you test some of the SNPs on ftdna? It is much cheaper than getting the bigY.

    Also how common is this subclade among Yemenis? Cause judging from the Yfull it seems mostly like a Saudi/Kuwaiti subclade except the V6 which peaks among the Afars/Saho....
    In my opinion it makes more sense to belong e-z830 than e-v38 because e-v1515 is connected to e-z830 tree instead; but ill eventually just test them out and see

    How accurate is morley y-dna anyways?
    Last edited by Missouri1455; 02-05-2018 at 02:43 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Missouri1455 For This Useful Post:

     Power77 (02-05-2018)

  7. #4
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,561
    Sex
    Omitted
    Location
    Arabsiyo,Somaliland
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

    Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hman92 View Post
    In my opinion it makes more sense to belong e-z830 than e-v38 because e-v1515 is connected to e-z830 tree instead; but ill eventually just test them out and see

    How accurate is morley y-dna anyways?
    Since you're Yemeni you could have either Z830/V1515 or E1b1a considering there was and still is a large Bantu descended population in Yemen especially the South.

    I have never tried Morley so I can't comment on how accurate it is.
    Target: Drobbah_scaled
    Distance: 5.8697% / 0.05869706
    53.4 SUDANESE7
    21.0 Saudi
    20.4 Levant_PPNB
    5.2 ETH_4500BP

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

     Power77 (02-05-2018)

  9. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    235
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    Since you're Yemeni you could have either Z830/V1515 or E1b1a considering there was and still is a large Bantu descended population in Yemen especially the South.

    I have never tried Morley so I can't comment on how accurate it is.
    Not bantu thats for sure; but maybe Z830/E-V1515 or E-V38 that is common amongst saudis/kuwaities because we live in the far east around the empty quarter

  10. #6
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,561
    Sex
    Omitted
    Location
    Arabsiyo,Somaliland
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

    Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hman92 View Post
    Not bantu thats for sure; but maybe Z830/E-V1515 or E-V38 that is common amongst saudis/kuwaities because we live in the far east around the empty quarter
    There is no such thing as "indigenous" V38 in the Arabian Peninsula and it is nearly non-existent in the Horn.The only option left would be a SE African origin wgich nakes sense considering there are still large communities of Bantu (Zanji) descendedants.
    Target: Drobbah_scaled
    Distance: 5.8697% / 0.05869706
    53.4 SUDANESE7
    21.0 Saudi
    20.4 Levant_PPNB
    5.2 ETH_4500BP

  11. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    235
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    There is no such thing as "indigenous" V38 in the Arabian Peninsula and it is nearly non-existent in the Horn.The only option left would be a SE African origin wgich nakes sense considering there are still large communities of Bantu (Zanji) descendedants.
    As i said before from genographic and ftdna i do belong to the E-V1515* and i scored negative for any SE african subclades related to E-V1515 and even its horner affiliates such as E-V1700 and E-V1486 so up to now it is mostly pointing towards E-V1515*; so transferring my SNPs from the ftdna the experimental tree from morley y-dna proved i do belong to E-Z830*which correlates with the E-V1515/E-Z830 lineage which makes more sense

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Missouri1455 For This Useful Post:

     drobbah (02-05-2018)

  13. #8
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    1,561
    Sex
    Omitted
    Location
    Arabsiyo,Somaliland
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

    Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    Deleted
    Target: Drobbah_scaled
    Distance: 5.8697% / 0.05869706
    53.4 SUDANESE7
    21.0 Saudi
    20.4 Levant_PPNB
    5.2 ETH_4500BP

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

     Missouri1455 (02-05-2018)

  15. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    16
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Tigrigna(kebessa)
    Nationality
    Eritrean
    Y-DNA (P)
    E1b1b1b2
    mtDNA (M)
    L3i2

    Hman92.....did you eventually find out what subclade? I am E-Z830 i am sure ...i did y37 on ftdna and now waiting for the snp result that is pertinent to E-z827.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2020, 10:36 PM
  2. Morley Prediction - R1b - M222
    By Amarelo in forum R
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-01-2019, 01:23 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 10:07 PM
  4. Confusing haplogroups on Morley
    By Kurki in forum Inquiries Corner
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-16-2018, 01:23 PM
  5. Dna markers Morley
    By tremaineharris in forum Other
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2018, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •