Y-DNA (P)
    L-M357 > Z5921
    mtDNA (M)
    HV2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    L-M27
    mtDNA (P)
    R0

United States of America California Republic Canada India Punjab Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib

Anyone have info on HV2?

I do know that it is a South-Central Asian/South Asian specific variant of HV though and this is the information I've gathered so far with the help of others.

HV2 was first identified as a separate sub-clade of HV in Spencer Wells et al's 2004 paper, Where West Meets East: The Complex mtDNA Landscape of the Southwest and Central Asian Corridor.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1181978/

HV2 mtDNA demographics in 23 Study Populations-

Persian PE Central and southern central Iran - 2.4%
    Gilaki GI Northern Iran, southwestern Caspian Sea area - 8.1%
    Kurdish KI Western Iran - 5.0%
    Lur LU Southwestern Iran (Zagros Mountains) - 5.9%
    Baluch BA Southwestern Pakistan, Baluchistan - 10.3%
    Parsi PA Southeastern Pakistan, Karachi - 9.1%
    Sindhi SI Southeastern Pakistan, Sindh - 4.3%
    Makrani MK South Pakistan, Makran Coast - 6.1%
    Uzbek UZ Surkhandarya, Uzbekistan - 2.4%
    Turkmen TK Turkmenistan - 2.4%

The Topology of the Southwest and Central Asian mtDNA Tree-

A haplogroup, named HV2, was found to bear the HVS-I transition at np 16217 and most likely is also characterized by +9336RsaI, since 16 of the 20 mtDNAs with the HVS-I 16217 mutation harbor this coding region site. This lineage corresponds to an internal node of HV that Tambets et al. (2000) tentatively identified as P*.

Haplogroup Profile Distribution-

The South Asian influence is mainly represented by the nodal type of macrohaplogroup M (M*) and the three sister clades U2a, U2b, and U2c. The M* haplogroup is absent or infrequent in all the populations west of the Indus Valley and is present at low frequencies in our Central Asian populations (<12%). Conversely, it is present at high frequencies (30%–55%) in populations living in the southern coasts of Pakistan and northwestern India. The three sister clades U2a, U2b, and U2c show a similar geographic pattern to that of haplogroup M*, although their distribution is somewhat more restricted to the Indo-Pakistani region. Also, N1d and HV2 and some lineages within paragroup R* are at higher frequencies in populations located east of the Iranian plateau, and this will be discussed in more detail below."
    The proportion of western Eurasian lineages (HV, pre-HV, N1, J-T, U-K, I, W, and X) showed the opposite pattern of that exhibited by eastern Eurasian lineages (fig. 1; table 2). They exhibit their highest frequencies in the Anatolian/Caucasus and Iranian regions and their prevalence decreases eastwards. Despite this decreasing frequency cline towards the East, they are still present at relatively high frequencies in the Indus Valley and Central Asia.
    The phylogeography of several haplogroups suggests that they are either autochthonous to the southwestern Asian corridor or that at least they underwent a major expansion in this region. Among these lineages, haplogroup U7 presents the most widespread distribution.

The phylogeography of haplogroups HV2 and R2 resembles that of U7 but has a more restricted geographic distribution. Both haplogroups are concentrated in southern Pakistan and India, with some overflow into adjacent areas, including the Near East/Caucasus region, the Iranian plateau, the Arabian Peninsula, and Central Asia, where most of the derived types are observed (fig. 4a and ?and4b).4b). The coalescence times were estimated at 27,700 ± 9600 years for HV2 and 31,200 ± 8200 years for R2.
    source figure 4 - Networks of (a) HV2 and (b) R2 lineages-

The mtDNA Landscape of the Southwestern Asian Corridor-

There is a virtual absence of both common South Asian lineages (M*, U2a, U2b, and U2c) and the more autochthonous U9, R*, R2, R5, R6, N1d, and HV2 lineages in the Anatolian/Caucasus region and Iranian plateau, whereas these lineages make up >50% of the haplogroup profile in the adjacent Indus Valley. Most of these lineages appear to be restricted to the eastern part of the corridor (fig. 1).

Whereas geographical clustering and the coalescent age of U7 (~38,000 YBP; see table 2 and fig. 3) suggest that it is the most widespread local lineage of Pleistocene origin connecting the western and eastern extremes of the corridor, the Indus Valley and India show signals of an in situ differentiation of deep-rooting lineages (HV2, R2, R5, U2a, U2b, and U2c), the distribution of which appears to be limited to this region (figs. ?(figs.44 and ?and5).5). All these lineages have high time depths (28,000–52,000 YBP), similar to haplogroup M* (32,000–53,000) in the region (Kivisild et al. 1999b; Quintana-Murci et al. 1999; Roychoudhury et al. 2001)
    Also, HV2 was found in 2 individuals from a Scythian grave site.

Iron Age burials (Pazyryk culture) in the Altai Mountains of Mongolia
    Scytho-Siberian Pazyryk culture
    Mongolia
    Olon-Kurin-Gol Valley cemetery 6 [OKG-6-2, 3] F + inf
    400-200 BC

HV2 - 2 samples found in same grave of 16217C, 00072C, 00073G, 00152C, +7025 HinfI, -14766 MseI

source: http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/ancientdna.shtml

"Burials at Pazyryk in the Altay Mountains have included some spectacularly preserved Scythians of the "Pazyryk culture" – including the Ice Maiden of the 5th century BC."

source: Tracing the Origin of the East-West Population Admixture in the Altai Region (Central Asia)
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info:...l.pone.0048904
    Last edited by Sapporo; 09-19-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G-V2154
    mtDNA (M)
    HV4a2a

Quote Originally Posted by Sapporo View Post
    I do know that it is a South-Central Asian/South Asian specific variant of HV though and this is the information I've gathered so far with the help of others.
    Ian Logan lists the following fully sequenced HV2 mtDNA:

Code:
     52. AY713986(India) Palanichamy           HV2
     53. HQ015160(Armenian)                    HV2
     54. HM852806(Azeri46) Schoenberg          HV2
     55. HM852860(Turk30) Schoenberg           HV2

56. EU567452(Slovakia) Malyarchuk         HV2a
     57. EU567456(Slovakia) Malyarchuk         HV2a

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Jatt Sikh
    Nationality
    American & Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-M357 > Z5921
    mtDNA (M)
    HV2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    L-M27
    mtDNA (P)
    R0

United States of America California Republic Canada India Punjab Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Well, just found another relative on 23andMe and they are HV2!

The HV2 I am sharing with are of the following backgrounds:

Jewish [3/4 Ashkenazi Jew 1/4 Non-Askekenazi (Russian?)] - His Dr. McDonald places him as about 32% English + Finnish (average between Germany/Poland) and the rest Jewish.
    Haryanvi Jatt
    Punjabi Sikh Jatt
    Mixed Individual: Mother was born in Jamaica, she's of Indian descent and possible Irish, Scottish or Scots-Irish, or a mixture of the three. His father was born in the Philippines, he is of Native Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish (Basque/Sephardic Jewish) ancestry.
    South Indian: Third Generation SOUTH AFRICAN INDIAN of Tamil ancestry.

Quite a diverse group of individuals.

If you include me, there are two Punjabi Jatt Sikhs with HV2 on 23andMe that I know of.
    pegasus modeling:
    sample": "Punjabi_Jat:Sapporo_AGUser",
    "fit": 1.1506,
    "IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3": 43.33,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 31.67,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 25,
    "closestDistances": [

avatar credit goes out to aaronbee2010

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sapporo For This Useful Post:

Táltos (07-22-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Nationality
    Norwegian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Y30355
    mtDNA (M)
    U5b1b1(T16192C)

Norway Russia Tatarstan Arms Germany Imperial Romani Faroe Islands England

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evon For This Useful Post:

Sapporo (07-21-2015),  Táltos (07-22-2015)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L243
    mtDNA (M)
    HV2

Turkey Transcaucasian Federation Azerbaijan Iraq Catalonia Spain
    I am HV2.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bebb For This Useful Post:

Sapporo (03-04-2016)