Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z326>A5869
    mtDNA
    HV

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Thank you so much Radboud.

,PC1,PC2,PC3,PC4,PC5,PC6,PC7,PC8,PC9,PC10,PC11,PC1 2,PC13,PC14,PC15,PC16,PC17,PC18,PC19,PC20,PC21,PC2 2,PC23,PC24,PC25
    Jessie,0.0122,0.0134,0.0171,0.0161,0.0118,0.0062,0 .0007,0.0027,0.0024,-0.0018,-0.0056,0.0031,-0.0076,-0.0071,0.0221,0.0043,-0.0054,-0.0035,0.0003,0.0063,0.0057,0.0059,-0.0047,0.009,-0.0004
    Do you also have the Scaled version? That one might be more accurate. I can't get my hands on the scaled version, because my Excel subscription has come to an end and that's required to get the Scaled one.

Here is the normal version:

Jessie Normaal.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Radboud For This Useful Post:

Jessie (Yesterday)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Geato-Saxon
    Y-DNA
    I-L22 -> P109
    mtDNA
    J1c

Sweden Germany Imperial England North of England Scotland Normandie
    Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    Do you also have the Scaled version? That one might be more accurate. I can't get my hands on the scaled version, because my Excel subscription has come to an end and that's required to get the Scaled one.

Jessie Normaal.jpg
    There's an R script to convert to scaled, that's what I used. I can't post the file, but the script is pretty short if you want to just recreate it:

Code:
    EigenScale <- function(datasheet, eigVals, createFile=T) {
      table <- read.csv(datasheet, header = T, sep = ",", row.names = 1)
      eVs <- read.csv(file = eigVals, header = F, sep = ",")
      eVs <- sqrt(unlist(eVs))
      popNames <- rownames(table)
      if (nrow(table)==1) {
        tableSc <- table * eVs
      }
      else {tableSc <- data.frame(mapply("*", table, eVs), row.names = popNames)}
      filename <- strsplit(datasheet, split="[.]")[[1]][1]
      if (createFile==T) {
        write.csv(x = tableSc, file = paste(filename, "_scaled", ".csv", sep = ""), quote = F, row.names = T)
      }
      else {return(tableSc)}
    }

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angriff For This Useful Post:

Jessie (Yesterday), Radboud (Yesterday)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA
    T1a2b- Z19945
    mtDNA
    H95a- Ostrogoth

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Italy Sweden Finns
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkymon View Post
    If he's Serbian then what am I?
    It all comes down to the accuracy of the references and the distance between Romanians/Serbs/Bulgarians is usually small, hence they get mistaken with one another.
    Serbian government state that their ancestors have a high % of Thracian Triballi tribe ...........romanians and bulgarians also have a high % of different thracian tribes

Exonym of Serbs
    The Seal of the Serbian Parliament, 1805
    Golden pitcher from Vratsa

The term "Triballians" appears frequently in Byzantine and other European works of the Middle Ages, referring exclusively to Serbs.[14][15][16][17][18] Some of these authors clearly explain that "Triballian" is synonym to "Serbian".[19][20][21][22][23] For example, Niketas Choniates (or Acominatus, 1155–1215 or-16) in his history about Emperor Ioannes Komnenos: "... Shortly after this, he campaigned against the nation of Triballians (whom someone may call Serbians as well) ..."[24] or the much later Demetrios Chalkondyles (1423–1511), referring to an Islamized Christian noble: "... This Mahmud, son of Michael, is Triballian, which means Serbian, by his mother, and Greek by his father."[25] or Mehmed the Conqueror when referring to the plundering of Serbia.[26]

In the 15th century, a coat of arms of "Tribalia", depicting a wild boar with an arrow pierced through the head (see Boars in heraldry), appeared in the supposed Coat of Arms of Emperor Stefan Dušan 'the Mighty' (r. 1331–1355).[27] The motif had, in 1415, been used as the Coat of Arms of the Serbian Despotate and is recalled in one of Stefan Lazarević's personal Seals, according to the paper Сабор у Констанци.[28] Pavao Ritter Vitezović also depicts "Triballia" with the same motif in 1701[29] and Hristofor Zhefarovich again in 1741.[30]

With the beginning of the First Serbian Uprising, the Parliament adopted the Serbian Coat of Arms in 1805, their official seal depicted the heraldic emblems of Serbia and Tribalia.[31]

European - 99.2%............Central Asian - 0.8% .............Yfull - 1460BC
    Father's Mtdna .......T2b17
    Grandfather mtdna .......T1a1e
    Sons Mtdna .....K1a4
    Grandfather-Maternal ......I1d-P109...CTS6009
    Wife's Ydna .....R1a-M512

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS54+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, Y70078+ )

The main negatives = ( M193-, P322-, P327-, Pages11- , L25- , CTS1848- )

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Lupul View Post
    Yep. I’ve delved into research about the haplogroup previously and found some interesting stuff. Most researchers and geneticists say the haplogroup is the Greco-Mediterranean colonization haplogroup and is related to some of the earliest settlers in the Mediterranean (like the Myceneans). That would be great and all in explaining why I pull so much West Med in my DNA (the early Greeks colonized much of Southern Italy in what eventually became Rome), in fact there is a large disparity in that Southern Italy shows larger traces of that haplogroup (or rather its parent J-M172) than Northern Italy which would coincide with the notion of Early Greek colonization of those parts. The issue arises that my father and my father’s father don’t come from the Mediterranean region, their DNA have decent portions of Eastern European aka Slavic peoples which is where I get some of my Eastern European DNA as well as my haplogroup. All this begs the question: if my Y-dna lineage didnt come from the “suspected” Mediterranean then it must have come from Eastern Europe and while some traces of J2a have been found in some ancient samples in the Far Eastern European/North Caucus regions, it is pretty rare for it to be there. Still, I have to believe that it’s the only way I could get my Eastern European/Slavic genes and still be a J2a haplogroup. I am currently waiting on some DNA results from my father’s side to confirm my theory so we’ll see. This would also confirm the idea that much of Europe was already pretty non-homogenous in haplogroups by the Bronze to Iron Age..
    Interesting thank you....As you know though autosomal DNA and Y-DNA are not always perfectly correlated so it could be that your Y-DNA haplogroup J2a1b1 (J-M92) has been in the Balkans for a very long time. It could have come from Roman or other Latin speaking settlers or it could have been present in the region as far back as the Bronze or Iron Ages. There is a concentration of J-M92 in Montenegro and Serbia that I have been studying. Quite likely those men's paternal lines come from pre-Slavic Balkan groups that were later assimilated into Slavic language groups.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z326>A5869
    mtDNA
    HV

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post

Jessie Normaal.jpg
    Thanks Angriff.

Scaled Version:

Jessie Scaled.jpg

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Radboud For This Useful Post:

Garimund (Yesterday), Jessie (Yesterday)

Registered Users

Yes JMAN you are correct! Autosomal and y-dna don’t always correlate especially in places where huge groups of populations mingled. I used to think it was Autosomal vs Ydna to find your roots but I eventually realized it’s better to not rely on one or the other too much but instead use both in tandem to see what information they can provide.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Central 75% + 25% Masovia
    Nationality
    Pole
    Y-DNA
    R1a > M198 > YP 1337

Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkymon View Post
    If he's Serbian then what am I?
    It all comes down to the accuracy of the references and the distance between Romanians/Serbs/Bulgarians is usually small, hence they get mistaken with one another.
    Both Global and mine model were nearly identical for Lupul, especially considering that Generalissimo used mostly different samples than me. I think we can't ignore his high Serbian, bearing in mind he is from SW-Romania.
    In your case is harder to explain Croat similarity, but in Global 25 you also have soem West-Balkan if I remember?
    Last edited by lukaszM; Today at 10:58 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Quote Originally Posted by lukaszM View Post
    I think we can't ignore his high Serbian, bearing in mind he is from SW-Romania.
    And also, the Romanian in Serbia. Living DNA includes parts of Serbia in the same region as Romania and Bulgaria, for good reason, as the map I included in the K36 thread suggests.

Registered Users

Yea my tests generally pin me as Romanian but I am never shocked when Serbian is pinned instead as well. David’s Globe 25 pinned me as 80% Romanian and 20% Bulgarian, the global 25 I ran pins me as Serb, same with Lucasz. Most admixtures pin me as Romanian as top choice but really I think it depends on samples used and the fact that Serbians and Romanians are pretty much genetic brothers. One country was just Latinized the other was Slavicized.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

Very nice comments, and welcome!
    BTW, I was referring specifically to that map.
    People probably want to reserve this thread for more technical issues relating to Global 25. Maybe we can take this discussion to other threads?

Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116